China bans cigs from schools

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Cigarettes kicked out of school in China | Reuters

(Reuters) - China has banned smoking in schools, state media reported on Wednesday, the latest step in a government drive to kick the country's pervasive tobacco habit.

Despite years of campaigning by health activists, China is the world's largest consumer of cigarettes and smokers can be spotted everywhere, even in schools and hospitals.

But with a huge public health burden looming ever larger, China has recently intensified efforts to stamp out smoking...

The latest ban, imposed by the Ministry of Education, covers kindergartens, elementary and middle schools, and vocational schools. Universities must set up smoking areas and forbid lighting up in academic buildings.

They just have no respect for basic human rights. Adults should be able to smoke and they should be able to give cigs to their kids, right?

china-world-no-tobacco-day.jpg

http://allpopasia.com/2012/06/child...-as-cigarettes-for-25th-world-no-tobacco-day/

In America we believe that people should be able to smoke and be able to give cigs to their kids, as long as its marijuana that people are smoking.

Cigarettes kicked out of school in China | Reuters

(Reuters) - China has banned smoking in schools, state media reported on Wednesday, the latest step in a government drive to kick the country's pervasive tobacco habit.

Despite years of campaigning by health activists, China is the world's largest consumer of cigarettes and smokers can be spotted everywhere, even in schools and hospitals.

But with a huge public health burden looming ever larger, China has recently intensified efforts to stamp out smoking...

The latest ban, imposed by the Ministry of Education, covers kindergartens, elementary and middle schools, and vocational schools. Universities must set up smoking areas and forbid lighting up in academic buildings.

They just have no respect for basic human rights. Adults should be able to smoke and they should be able to give cigs to their kids, right?

china-world-no-tobacco-day.jpg

Children In China Dressed Up As Cigarettes For 25th World No Tobacco Day : allpopasia

OMG! Next thing you know they'll have COMMUNISM! :eek:

(enjoying my pipe as I read and respond to this)

Were they smoking in classrooms or something? :) Prohibiting smoking indoors isn't a thing. It's just being fair and polite to those who don't, and may not wish to breath smoky air. As a smoker myself, weather permitting I don't mind going outside. If not practical like working in skyscrapers, or where isn't favorable to going outside, rooms should be made for smokers to go smoke. When at the MEPS center waiting to ship out they had such a room. Wasn't a pleasant room to be in beyond having your smoke, but we used it because it was there for us to do so (as an aside, woulda been nice if they'd mentioned no more smoking in basic, but you're so tired you don't really notice it) :)

Long as I can still smoke without being unfairly inconvenienced I don't mind restrictions which to my mind are just being polite and fair towards non-smokers.

Nest thing they'll want is decent food at their schools.

There's just no end to it.

China provides school lunches and the children actually eat it. Not like America where the children call the food vomit and throw it away.

Forum List

Back