China buys Smithfield

Lefties used to blame the administration for situations like this (when the administration was republican) but now they just grin like idiots and slap their heads.

Pork is mighty popular in China, but we definitely want to keep the amount of food imported from China to the US to a minimum. Their track record is not too good in the 'food that doesn't kill you' department, generally speaking.

Uh, neither US nor Chinese "meat" is allowed into Europe.

Unless you're buying from the old farmer down the road, don't put it in your mouth. And, if you ARE buying from the old farmer down the road, don't put it in your mouth.

Don't feed it to the dog either.

(Unless you're rw. Then, by all means, chow down. :evil:)

But, still - don't feed it to the dog.

Are you baked?

No more Smithfield hams for me and my family.
When foreign companies have bought up most the US, and the US dollar is worthless, what else are you gonna' do? What choice will you have?

Let's not get too hysterical here.

Back in the 1970's, we were all going nutty because the Arabs were buying things up. (It was a key plot point in the Movie "Network".)

Then in the 1980's, we were crapping ourselves because the Japanese were buying things. I even worked for a Japanese company in the late 1990's. (And in some ways, they were better than the American companies I worked for.)

Foreign companies may buy things, but they still have to operate under our laws here.

Unfortunately, when you have Republicans trying to revoke clean air, clean food and clean water standards, that's the real danger. No matter who owns the companies.

We buy their exported chachas, they buy our food suppliers.

Hey welcome to the invisible handjob of the market.

Exporting US pork to China can be good for US farmers and Chinese consumers (those who can afford it), but we want to be reeeeaaaaal careful that this sort of thing doesn't just become a backdoor for the importation of more Chinese food products into the US market.

Forum List

Back