China to overtake U.S. economy by 2032 as Asian might builds

I want to see that trade deficit dropping, HUGELY.
Me too, but it doesn't happen overnight. I think we'll see it steadily drop beginning next year.

I worry that what he has done so far, will have enough of an impact that he will feel no pressure to do more.

Already he could probably ride out this economic upswing to a successful term.

I want MORE. I want change that will be improving my community long after Trump is dead.

Ain't gonna happen. They're choking to death on their own pollution and their days of ripping off the U.S. are about to end, now that we have a President who isn't afraid to stand up to them. We're safe as long as we don't put another commie bastard like Obama back in the WH.

They are choking, but where do you think our jobs, manufacturing etc. have already gone,
Take cell phone companies rather than produce parts here they do it in China just like every where else. It is more than a " black and white" situation of China winning they've been winning.

Clinton and Obama planned on destroying us using China.
They've been winning because we haven't had good leadership. Trump is determined to balance out our trade deficit and I believe he will succeed. Lowering the corporate tax rate is a good beginning as we will start making more products here again.

Because Capitalism sucks.

This isn't about flaws in Capitalism. This is the US, allowing our rivals to practice a form of Mercantilism while we just sit there and take it like a bitch.

Ain't gonna happen. They're choking to death on their own pollution and their days of ripping off the U.S. are about to end, now that we have a President who isn't afraid to stand up to them. We're safe as long as we don't put another commie bastard like Obama back in the WH.

They are choking, but where do you think our jobs, manufacturing etc. have already gone,
Take cell phone companies rather than produce parts here they do it in China just like every where else. It is more than a " black and white" situation of China winning they've been winning.

They've been winning because we haven't had good leadership. Trump is determined to balance out our trade deficit and I believe he will succeed. Lowering the corporate tax rate is a good beginning as we will start making more products here again.

It is a start, but no where near enough.

Why do you think Trump is trying to devalue the dollar? Good for business bad for consumers...

Trump is trying to devalue the dollar? Good. I've supported that for a long time.

I want those jobs. Our consumer based economy, as it exists, is part of the problem. We need to change.
Reverse/reverse mercantilism?

This isn't about flaws in Capitalism. This is the US, allowing our rivals to practice a form of Mercantilism while we just sit there and take it like a bitch.
It's all a fair game with humans....

Capitalist Individualism kind of blows.

I mean, our Capitalists build up China's economy, by sending our jobs there.

The only solution the Capitalist Individualist comes up with is time to "Do Nothing" it's their "Capitalist Freedom"

Fascism is the best, China's not Fascist, but closest to Fascism.

Why do you think Trump is trying to devalue the dollar? Good for business bad for consumers...

Trump is trying to devalue the dollar? Good. I've supported that for a long time.

I want those jobs. Our consumer based economy, as it exists, is part of the problem. We need to change.

More Counter Mercantilism.

But you get the drift, I think.

The U.S.A is a goner.

Once Mexicans try to rebel against the U.S.A (My guess 2060)
China will use this as an opportunity to invade, and colonize the U.S.A

By this time, the U.S.A will be behind China, anyways, and be completely defenseless.

All thanks to "Do Nothing Capitalist Individualism"

The only solution the Capitalist Individualist comes up with is time to "Do Nothing" it's their "Capitalist Freedom"

Nothing in your post explains why this is a flaw of Capitalism and not just a flaw in our current batch of individual capitalists and policies.

The U.S.A is a goner.

By this time, the U.S.A will be behind China, anyways, and be completely defenseless.

The situation is indeed dire, though it will not go as you describe.

But there is no reason to not try to pull America out of it's power dive.

Nothing in your post explains why this is a flaw of Capitalism and not just a flaw in our current batch of individual capitalists and policies.

Capitalists send jobs to China, China's economy grows at our expense.

Capitalists say it's their "Individual Freedom" to do this.

So, we ruin America, piece by piece.

The U.S.A is a goner.

This would have all been nipped in the bud, long ago.

If Americans embraced Fascism.

The elites on all sides instead kicked , and screamed Fascism is what's wrong with the World.

Which it's not.

Fascism is actually the best system devised by man.

Fascism has the best record of economic growth.

We'd see great results by cracking down on outsourcing to China, and importing illegals from Mexico, if we like Fascists cracked down on it.

And I'm looking for the part that says that is inherent in the system, and not a result of poor trade policy.

The U.S.A is a goner.

The elites on all sides instead kicked , and screamed Fascism is what's wrong with the World.

Which it's not.

We'd see great results by cracking down on outsourcing to China, and importing illegals from Mexico, if we like Fascists cracked down on it.

America has a long history of strong trade and immigration barriers without fascism.

And I'm looking for the part that says that is inherent in the system, and not a result of poor trade policy.

We need to slap sanctions upon China, throw those who send jobs to China behind bars.

That's not Individualist Capitalism.

We need to slap sanctions upon China, throw those who send jobs to China behind bars.

That's not Individualist Capitalism.

That we don't want to trade with people who consider trade to mean, "fuck America"

is not anti-capitalism.

It is just good trade policy.

If some individual capitalists get their business models disrupted, that is still not a systemic rejection of capitalism.

The U.S.A is a goner.

Which it's not.

America has a long history of strong trade and immigration barriers without fascism.

When did America have immigration barriers?

Scots, Ulster Irish, Welsh, and Anglos arrived in mass in the founding of the U.S.A.

Blacks imported, Irish indentured servants, and German farmers arrived in mass in the early - mid 1800's

Irish, Italian, Polish, and Jewish factory workers arrived in mass in the late 1800's - mid 1900's

Puerto Ricans to the North-East, and Cubans to the South-East, and Mexicans to the South-West arrived in mass in the mid 1900's

Mexicans, Guatemalans, Ecuadorians, and Salvadorians, arrived in mass in the 1990's - 2000's.

I worry that what he has done so far, will have enough of an impact that he will feel no pressure to do more.

That's what politicians do. Trump isn't a politician, he isn't pressured by his political enemies and doesn't feel the need to "reach out" to unproductive people like establishment Republicans try to do. He loves his country and wants it to be great again and he wants the credit for it. I don't think he'll be willing to settle for mediocrity.

The U.S.A is a goner.

Which it's not.

When did America have immigration barriers?

Scots, Ulster Irish, Welsh, and Anglos arrived in mass in the founding of the U.S.A.

Blacks imported, Irish indentured servants, and German farmers arrived in mass in the early - mid 1800's

Irish, Italian, Polish, and Jewish factory workers arrived in mass in the late 1800's - mid 1900's

Puerto Ricans to the North-East, and Cubans to the South-East, and Mexicans to the South-West arrived in mass in the mid 1900's

Mexicans, Guatemalans, Ecuadorians, and Salvadorians, arrived in mass in the 1990's - 2000's.

National Origins Formula - Wikipedia

"The National Origins Formula was an American system of immigration quotas, used between 1921 and 1965, which restricted immigration on the basis of existing proportions of the population. It aimed to reduce the overall number of unskilled immigrants, to allow families to re-unite, and to prevent immigration from changing the ethnic distribution of the population."

That's what politicians do. Trump isn't a politician, he isn't pressured by his political enemies and doesn't feel the need to "reach out" to unproductive people like establishment Republicans try to do. He loves his country and wants it to be great again and he wants the credit for it. I don't think he'll be willing to settle for mediocrity.

I hope so. The temptation to stop pushing against strong pushback must be there.

We need large scale and long lasting change, or this nation is fucked.

Forum List

Back