Chris Kyle, Author Of 'American Sniper,' Shot And Killed At Gun Range

Someone suffering with PTSD at a gun range? Yeah, nothing could have gone wrong there.

Here's why that is stupidity and ignorance on your part. Chris Kyle had been using this technique with other vets who suffered with PTSD and had had success. But of course YOU are an expert and that's why you felt a need to say what you did.

Routh is charged with two counts of capital murder. He's accused of killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range Saturday evening.

Officer Kyle Roberts at the Erath County Jail said Routh is being held on $3 million bond.

More: Eddie Ray Routh, Iraq Veteran, Charged With Murdering Chris Kyle

Routh may be charged with "capital murder" - but I doubt he'll ever be executed.

This all could have been avoided if the victim was also armed and trained to handle a deadly weapon. That would of definitely caused the shooter to think twice before using his weapon.

that is something RDD that a dumbass like LaKota would have said.....i am surprised you said it....

This all could have been avoided if the victim was also armed and trained to handle a deadly weapon. That would of definitely caused the shooter to think twice before using his weapon.

that is something RDD that a dumbass like LaKota would have said.....i am surprised you said it....

Yeah, that is an awful dumb statement from an inexperienced man.

He killed 125 people and you call him a good man?

He was a good man. He was told to do his job and he did it extremly well. Those he killed, how many did they kill? How many would they?

Should he just shook their hands and wished them well?

He killed 125 people and you call him a good man?

He was a good man. He was told to do his job and he did it extremly well. Those he killed, how many did they kill? How many would they?

Should he just shook their hands and wished them well?

If all he did was post to an Internet forum he could of used foul language on them! ;)

What punishment should Kyle's killer, Eddie Ray Routh, receive? Does his PTSD excuse his act?

r-CHRIS-KYLE-DEAD-large570.jpg

By Benjamin Hart

Chris Kyle, an ex-Navy SEAL who wrote the bestelling book American Sniper about his service in Iraq, was shot and killed at a gun range in Texas, multiple outlets reported Saturday night. A second man was also killed.

According to local TV station KHOU, officials said that Kyle was shot at point-blank range "while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome" at a range near the town of Glen Rose.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Lancaster, Texas police arrested a suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, after a brief chase.

Kyle had become well-known for his exploits in Iraq, where he deployed four times, set the record for sniper kills at 150, received numerous commendations, and, according to the Stephensville Empire Tribune, was given the nickname "The Devil of Ramadi" by insurgents.

Sniper Chris Kyle killed in Erath County Saturday, man arrested in his, another's slaying | Crime Blog

I'm ashamed to say it, but the first thing that popped in my mind was: It's a good thing he wasn't hanging around gun shows, or he won't have lasted that long.

From what I read he wasn't a bad person and said the editors made him include the kills in his book. He said something like: he wished he could number the people he saved.

Has anyone come up with a motive of why this idiot killed him?

The best shooter in the world just got shot while carrying openly a gun.

It does make me remember when certain people said, just let them try and get me, I am armed!

He was the best in the fucking world and look what happened. Remember that gun nuts, anything can happen no matter how good you think you are.

This is a sad day. He was a confide hero. He did his job better than anyone. I listened to an interview with him and he was a humble man as well.

Oh and he fucking punched Jessie Ventura in the mouth. I loved that.

Last edited:
r-CHRIS-KYLE-DEAD-large570.jpg

By Benjamin Hart

Chris Kyle, an ex-Navy SEAL who wrote the bestelling book American Sniper about his service in Iraq, was shot and killed at a gun range in Texas, multiple outlets reported Saturday night. A second man was also killed.

According to local TV station KHOU, officials said that Kyle was shot at point-blank range "while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome" at a range near the town of Glen Rose.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Lancaster, Texas police arrested a suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, after a brief chase.

Kyle had become well-known for his exploits in Iraq, where he deployed four times, set the record for sniper kills at 150, received numerous commendations, and, according to the Stephensville Empire Tribune, was given the nickname "The Devil of Ramadi" by insurgents.

Sniper Chris Kyle killed in Erath County Saturday, man arrested in his, another's slaying | Crime Blog

I'm ashamed to say it, but the first thing that popped in my mind was: It's a good thing he wasn't hanging around gun shows, or he won't have lasted that long.

From what I read he wasn't a bad person and said the editors made him include the kills in his book. He said something like: he wished he could number the people he saved.

He wrote that book to show what happened to him and his family. He was a humble man. A real good guy.

He wrote that book to show what happened to him and his family. He was a humble man. A real good guy.

I don't see a bad report on him and killing in war is your job.

What punishment should Kyle's killer, Eddie Ray Routh, receive? Does his PTSD excuse his act?

That will be up to the jury at his trial they will get all the facts and information we don't so I won't speculate on what his punishment should be.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjHWovwix4&feature=player_detailpage]Navy Seal Sharpshooter Chris Kyle Punched Jesse Ventura - @OpieRadio - YouTube[/ame]

He was a likable guy.

its called staying sharp.....

Yep never know then the opportunity to kill some more will arise.

if you deal in weapons it might be a good idea to stay "in shape" so to speak in their use......that might be hard for someone with your attitude to understand Us.....

the staying sharp part for someone who obviously liked his job of killing people was my point.
I am a gun owner. I have several and I have a CC permit and a 1911 .45 in a holster on my power chair.
I just do not agree with the ones who get into and brag about killing.
I have killed and will only kill again as a very last resort.
I was also sniper rated in Nam.

Forum List

Back