Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Good.

Repeal Title II of the '64 Civil Rights Act and let the market punish racism and bigotry. It's a lot better at it than the government.

One difference I see. Is that the gay coffee owner is actually denying service.

But the baker didn't deny service, he would have sold them any cake they wanted, until they made a statement against his beliefs.
The couple never made a statement against the cake bakers' beliefs....quite the opposite...the cake baker husband decided to harangue the couple and then dox them on Facebook.
Are you trying to convince us that a wedding cake doesn't make a statement? Are you denying that the baker told them he would sell them anything they wanted, except a decorated wedding cake?

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Gay coffee shop owner boots out pro-life Christians, refusing them service.

Well, it's time to put these motherfuckers out of business!!!
This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The patrons were asked to leave because of their advocacy of hate and intolerance, not because of their religion.

Consequently, there is no ‘violation’ of any public accommodations law.

Indeed, the vast majority of the coffee shop’s patrons are likely Christian, where the shop has no policy of denying service to those who are Christian.

That’s not the same as a bigoted Christian store owner denying service to gay patrons for no other reason than being gay, as part of the store’s established policy to discriminate against gay patrons, which would violate public accommodations laws.
BS there is very little difference, other then the gay coffee house DID refuse service. The baker only refused to bake a cake that made a statement against his beliefs.

BS there is very little difference, other then the gay coffee house DID refuse service. The baker only refused to bake a cake tha
The Christians didn't throw homos out of their business. They just refused to use their labor to affirm a sin.

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The patrons were asked to leave because of their advocacy of hate and intolerance, not because of their religion.

Consequently, there is no ‘violation’ of any public accommodations law.

Indeed, the vast majority of the coffee shop’s patrons are likely Christian, where the shop has no policy of denying service to those who are Christian.

That’s not the same as a bigoted Christian store owner denying service to gay patrons for no other reason than being gay, as part of the store’s established policy to discriminate against gay patrons, which would violate public accommodations laws.
BS there is very little difference, other then the gay coffee house DID refuse service. The baker only refused to bake a cake that made a statement against his beliefs.
Yeah? And the baker was not as crude or disgusting as that gay guy that booted them out, either. Doesn't matter anyway. Good for the goose is good for the gander as well. Pay the fuck up, asswipe, says I.

It's a private business they can allow who they want to come in. Unless it's a baker refusing queers.
Or a photographer, or the owner of a B&B or other premises typically rented for private events, or any other person(s) who refuse to serve queers, especially when they invoke their christian religious strictures. Muslims can refuse the same patrons for the same reason (religious objection) but that's OK.

If I was there having coffee and heard that guy say he would fuck Jesus in the ass..I woulda decked him. Yes, I know. I'd be in jail, but thats ok. I still would have decked him by kicking him right in the balls.

If I was there having coffee and heard that guy say he would fuck Jesus in the ass..I woulda decked him. Yes, I know. I'd be in jail, but thats ok. I still would have decked him by kicking him right in the balls.
Jesus loves it when you beat people up in His name.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Jesus loves it when you beat people up in His name.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
At least I wouldn't attempt to kill him. How many have died in His name?
:eusa_hand:

One difference I see. Is that the gay coffee owner is actually denying service.

But the baker didn't deny service, he would have sold them any cake they wanted, until they made a statement against his beliefs.
The couple never made a statement against the cake bakers' beliefs....quite the opposite...the cake baker husband decided to harangue the couple and then dox them on Facebook.
Are you trying to convince us that a wedding cake doesn't make a statement? Are you denying that the baker told them he would sell them anything they wanted, except a decorated wedding cake?
A wedding cake is a cake at the reception.....and is often smooshed in the spouse's face to laughter and cameras going off.....point out the religious aspect of THAT.

It's a private business they can allow who they want to come in. Unless it's a baker refusing queers.
Or a photographer, or the owner of a B&B or other premises typically rented for private events, or any other person(s) who refuse to serve queers, especially when they invoke their christian religious strictures. Muslims can refuse the same patrons for the same reason (religious objection) but that's OK.
Muslims can refuse the same patrons for the same reason? Where?

Unlike bigoted business owners who refuse to accommodate gay patrons, the owners of the coffee shop have violated no public accommodations law, having exercised their right as private property owners to prohibit certain persons from being on their property for whatever reason.
Well, no hypocrisy there!
This stuff is a one way street only for Regressives, period.

Forum List

Back