Zone1 Christian Artist Amy Grant Hosting LGBT Wedding

I’ve heard Amy sing. I like her voice.

I’m not very religious, so I really don’t have a dog in any fight over the proper religious views of homosexuality.

As a matter of public policy, I not only don’t mind a state law which authorizes gay marriage, I actually believe it to be fair.

As a matter of Federal law, I don’t believe any legislation on the topic is appropriate. That goes for straight marriage laws too. It’s not a Federal issue.

This is what happens with famous people become irrelivant.

With all due love and respect this is also what happens when people who can't stand the heat enter the kitchen. I don't believe you to be one of those people, I just grew concerned when I saw you posted here because I like you and I don't want you to take anything I say personally.

What if that applied to black people?
But it doesn't, and it is not a red herring I care to follow. Besides, my point is, any couple, can add special touches to their cake if they wish. We did. No big deal, so why make it one.

But that should be a matter of personal choice. If you provide a routine service for the public then it should not discriminate among members of the public.

If you are a decent person, you might take into account the feelings of the service provider and look for one more suited to what want. But what about a person who chooses a baker on the basis of his the reputation as the best, not out of a desire to antagonize? He is not being disrespectful.
When a person wants a particular baker, then they honor that person's deeply held values. Those deeply held values are quite likely why that baker rises above the rest. Ask them to step right up to that line, but don't demand they cross it. Find someone else to carry the final product to the finish line.

Since when does the word "marriage" belong only to a "religion"?
You did not read my post. If you had, you would understand my point that it is up to the religion to change the word they use, if they believe the word 'marriage' denotes something they prefer not to be a part of it.

Are you against religions using a different word for their flock and the people they marry? Are you adamant that religion may NOT replace the "The marriage of John and Mary will take place on..." with "The nuptials of John and Mary will take place on..." Religion cannot introduce new words for their ceremonies?

Isn't it funny how our SECULAR laws mean the rest of us don't have to follow Catholic or Jewish religious teachings?
So you are not affected by religious teachings. The faithful and their children are affected by secular (or lack of secular) law.

What I've noticed it too many Christian's here let the atheists and people who are anti-christian frame the discussion according to their ignorant and twisted beliefs about Christianity.

really, the sunni knows best -

1670697230753.png

and when the evidence proves otherwise ... which rock do they craw under.

So you are not affected by religious teachings. The faithful and their children are affected by secular (or lack of secular) law.
Sadly we still are.......the whole idea of not working having school on Sunday is 'christian' influence. But it's fading. We do NOT need 'christian' sharia here.

Forum List

Back