Zone1 Christian Artist Amy Grant Hosting LGBT Wedding

You and 'facts" aren't even in the same zip code.
the desert religions haven't a period of recorded history for their not being at the forefront of the persecution and victimization of the innocent by their intolerant and errant dogmas ... facts are not twisted beliefs.

you did not respond to the text above ... wonder why

who were those dressed in orange, being punished for what ... the same throughout the centuries, the crucifiers since the 1st century.

How should I know? ... :dunno:
You're the one who posted it.
Don't you even know what you posted??

- because that was you in the photo, your favorite color - black, same as your heart.

there's not a shortage of desert atrocities to post on the internet - what's lacking is anything worth while any of them have accomplished. your silence in response is deafening.

You do realize this is the Zone 1 forum where personal attacks aren't allowed? ... :eusa_naughty:
who were those dressed in orange, being punished for what ... the same throughout the centuries, the crucifiers since the 1st century.

being descriptive as well, again -

1670768399556.png

... those in the photo, the ones dressed in orange not in black what about them seems a little excessive - they did not bow 5 times a day preying to the makebelieve allah and wore a bow tie to the wedding reception.

you claim - the desert religions of servitude - are somehow reflective of the 1st century heavenly events of liberation theology, self determination - maybe, just suggesting those people all of them might do better than black robes. and shiny knives. sunni.

... those in the photo, the ones dressed in orange not in black what about them seems a little excessive ... are somehow reflective of the 1st century heavenly events of liberation theology, self determination - maybe, just suggesting those people all of them might do better than black robes. and shiny knives. sunni.
What the heck are you blabbering on about?? ... :dunno:

A lot of people say they are "Christians", yet still think that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the garden.

But its really their choice.

As long as Mx. Grant is doing this fully voluntarily, that's fine with me. It isn't like the county clerk who was thrown into a dungeon because she refused to ok the idea.

A lot of people say they are "Christians", yet still think that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the garden.

But its really their choice.

As long as Mx. Grant is doing this fully voluntarily, that's fine with me. It isn't like the county clerk who was thrown into a dungeon because she refused to ok the idea.
She is proof that Christians backslide and can be over ome by the he world and their lust for power/money.

In the end she will be judged by the One who judges us ALL

Perhaps because the Bible says to normalize this stuff.

So even Christians can be washed up attention whores who never made it in show biz and had to marry their way into it.

Ditto Christian serial monogamists.

I don't care if they claim to Christian, Athiest, Buddhist, Democrat, Repubican, black, white, green, purple, boy, girl, "it", "they", or whatever.............

If they are part of the industry.........they are money whores. Period. They will do what their managers tell them to do to keep their names in the media and their products selling.

Very few people in "the industry" know how to use it for their personal advantage and keep from being made Hollywood Whores for the "elite" owners and managers.

Why do Christians care so much about gay weddings?

First, it's a "civil" union. That's it. It grants the couple the same rights a hetero couple. What is the big deal and who is it really hurting in the end? It's not like "god" has to honor the wedding because they have a secular gov't license confirming the marriage.

Second, most Christians have adopted a very secular view of weddings in tradition and service. The Bible NEVER outlines what constitutes a spiritual wedding, NEVER. At best, we can assume that a ceremony is acceptable since Jesus attended a wedding ceremony. However, the bible never states exactly when a man and woman are considered "married".

So let the secular gov't and people do as they please. On one hand god says to honor the gov't and to not resist authority because all authority is ordained by God, but many Christians seem to forget that part too.

Instead, love one another. Love the fact that two people want to spend their lives together. As Paul said, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. So many Christians take the OT Wrath of God approach to their religion instead of focusing on what Christ was, love. Love.

Jesus never attended a fudge packer wedding ceremony. ... :cuckoo:
You completely missed the point or intended to not address ANY OTHER point made. You're correct, but only because the culture and times stated differently. Attending doesn't mean condoning. That is the point that many Christians are confusing and allow the love of Christ to fall flat.

Making a wedding cake for a gay couple is a business transaction, not spiritual transaction. Stop placing material and secular interactions over the love of Christ. Plain and simple.
Christians have every right to have their beliefs, and I also believe that their religious beliefs should allow them to not serve if their beliefs are that strict and they believe that somehow, a business transaction is a "Sin", which I highly doubt, in any deity's book of sins. However, is that really how a Christian should interact with society? With those they feel are "sinners" regardless of the type of sin?

Last edited:
Christians have every right to have their beliefs, and I also believe that their religious beliefs should allow them to not serve if their beliefs are that strict and they believe that somehow, a business transaction is a "Sin", which I highly doubt, in any deity's book of sins.
I've always found it amusing when non christians try to lecture Christians about their religion. .. :cuckoo: :laugh::laugh:

Amy grant hosting a wedding is an issue for some? I'm a lifelong practicing Christian with zero care. This is capitalism folks your only goal is to make $. Morals cannot coexist. That's why it's the best system.

Grant appears to be a “secular” Christian who does not take the message she sings too seriously

At 61 she’s made a lot of money and has acceptance in the pop music field

So she can easily withstand any criticism she gets now

But if it were 20 years ago she might gave made a business decision not to host the wedding

There are many different Christians in America

The United Methodist Church is becoming very ununited over the gay marriage issue and will soon have about half the membership it once had

Forum List

Back