Christian Bake Shop Must Serve Gakes

How on earth can a rainbow be obscene? What a feeble stretch!

And the American people do have a way of determining what is good and what is bad for business. It's the hallmark, the panacea, the Conservative place in the sun: Free Markets.

Once the customers get wind that this business discriminates, the only customers willing to trade with that business will be those with similar problems with their fellow citizens. That variety of customer is called a bigot at best, a blithering idiot in the main and a slimy old asshole at worst. And fortunately, there is a vanishing minority of such folks. Which means the clientele of bigoted businesses is thankfully shrinking rapidly.

Then you agree that a baker who did not cater to a same sex couple would quickly be dispatched by such a poor business practice. That's the free market at work.

In truth, most people do not care about gays or their rights. They would not stop utilizing a particular business based on their position about gays. If that were not true, Chick Fil A would not have had their business increase when they said they supported traditional marriage.

Agreed, I mean "Sweetcakes by Mellisa" saw a huge boom in business after doing the same thing.

Oh wait...

.............. No they didn't, they saw a significant decrease in sales and had to close the store.

It's one thing when you are an international company and people go out and spend $4.99 for a lunch meal. Much different when you are paying $250 to $2,000 for a wedding cake.

>>>>

They had a significant number of threats and so did their customers and vendors. That's why they moved their business. They are still in business. When gay activists threaten a person for buying a cookie at a particular place, most people will get their cookies elsewhere.

No. Its not negative.

It is for the more qualified white person who doesn't get the slot. And while I agree integration was a worthy idea, it's never worked. The better educated blacks get, the more hateful they seem to become. There was a moment of opportunity with Dr. King but it didn't have legs....the race-pimps and black panthers destroyed his dream. If Lincoln had been wise he'd have shipped the willies back to Africa. We'd never have known Willy Mays or Miles Davis, but then we'd have never had to put up with Al Sharpton and Rap Brown either. :cool:
The only people affected by AA are ignorant, lazy, white men. They blame their lack of initiative on AA.

:lol: If you didn't have Sam giving your sorry ass what you can't get on your own you'd have starved to death by now, or been shot trying to take it from a white man. Face it, the only blacks who succeed are those who think white, act white, speak white. The rest of your mess is like a monkey island at a zoo. :cool:

How on earth can a rainbow be obscene? What a feeble stretch!

And the American people do have a way of determining what is good and what is bad for business. It's the hallmark, the panacea, the Conservative place in the sun: Free Markets.

Once the customers get wind that this business discriminates, the only customers willing to trade with that business will be those with similar problems with their fellow citizens. That variety of customer is called a bigot at best, a blithering idiot in the main and a slimy old asshole at worst. And fortunately, there is a vanishing minority of such folks. Which means the clientele of bigoted businesses is thankfully shrinking rapidly.

Then you agree that a baker who did not cater to a same sex couple would quickly be dispatched by such a poor business practice. That's the free market at work.

In truth, most people do not care about gays or their rights. They would not stop utilizing a particular business based on their position about gays. If that were not true, Chick Fil A would not have had their business increase when they said they supported traditional marriage.

Chic fil a is not a representation of the US. It just shows that their customer base are bigots or ignorant of the companies stance. I personally will never eat there again.

The company stance is that they are Christian.

Good for them.

No. Its not negative.

It is for the more qualified white person who doesn't get the slot. And while I agree integration was a worthy idea, it's never worked. The better educated blacks get, the more hateful they seem to become. There was a moment of opportunity with Dr. King but it didn't have legs....the race-pimps and black panthers destroyed his dream. If Lincoln had been wise he'd have shipped the willies back to Africa. We'd never have known Willy Mays or Miles Davis, but then we'd have never had to put up with Al Sharpton and Rap Brown either. :cool:
The only people affected by AA are ignorant, lazy, white men. They blame their lack of initiative on AA.

Actually in California it is Asians most negatively impacted by affirmative action.

Should a religios baker be required to make a cake saying'there is no Jesus?"'? Or a Muslim baker forced to depict Mohammed on a cake ?

That's exactly what it is.

"Affirmative action (known as positive discrimination in the United Kingdom and as employment equity in Canada and elsewhere) refers to policies that take factors including "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"[1] into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group "in areas of employment, education, and business"

In other words, if you're a certain color, you get special treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action

Actually in California it is Asians most negatively impacted by affirmative action.

Why is that?

Three years ago I was sued by a lesbian couple for refusing to paint their wedding portrait. I won that case but I certainly didn't suffer any loss of business for opposing them. I didn't even make a religious argument. I just said a flat no.

The bakeries, photographers and anyone else will start doing what I did when I won. Move out of offering that service to the general public and make the service by special arrangement only.

"...Such action may involve granting for a time to the part of the population concerned certain preferential treatment in specific matters as compared with the rest of the population. However, as long as such action is needed to correct discrimination, in fact, it is a case of legitimate differentiation under the Covenant."

It's a shame when the bigoted pieces of shit don't even know that they're promoting bigotry.

Affirmative action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chic fil a is not a representation of the US. It just shows that their customer base are bigots or ignorant of the companies stance. I personally will never eat there again.

Good for them.
lip service. If they were Christians, they would follow the Golden Rule rather than twist scripture to underpin bigotry.

Three years ago I was sued by a lesbian couple for refusing to paint their wedding portrait. I won that case but I certainly didn't suffer any loss of business for opposing them. I didn't even make a religious argument. I just said a flat no.

The bakeries, photographers and anyone else will start doing what I did when I won. Move out of offering that service to the general public and make the service by special arrangement only.

Bingo.

"...Such action may involve granting for a time to the part of the population concerned certain preferential treatment in specific matters as compared with the rest of the population. However, as long as such action is needed to correct discrimination, in fact, it is a case of legitimate differentiation under the Covenant."

It's a shame when the bigoted pieces of shit don't even know that they're promoting bigotry.

Granting for a time, isn't that what it said? How long a period of time?

We're regressing. State interference and overweening civil rights violations and infringement upon our liberty will result in a system where black market, barter, and word of mouth are the order of the day.

That's exactly what it is.

"Affirmative action (known as positive discrimination in the United Kingdom and as employment equity in Canada and elsewhere) refers to policies that take factors including "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"[1] into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group "in areas of employment, education, and business"

In other words, if you're a certain color, you get special treatment.

In other words you cant read. I already said it was not negative discrimination. You also forgot to read the other protected categories.

Good for them.

Chic Fil a was not accused of discrimination. No gay person was denied service. The issue was that the owner gave financial support to anti-gay organizations. The owner didn't ignore or break any law, nor did the business.

Forum List

Back