Christian Bake Shop Must Serve Gakes

Mlk would have opposed affirmative action because it judges people by their skin color

Actually it doesn't. You are ignorant of what AA is if you think that.

You're correct...it's not just skin color...it's big lips, nappy hair, and the sullen bored look that are also required. How about you stop playing the fool and do a little break dance for us....c'mon Assplaster, BUST A MOVE!

chick_dance.gif

Then you agree that a baker who did not cater to a same sex couple would quickly be dispatched by such a poor business practice. That's the free market at work.

In truth, most people do not care about gays or their rights. They would not stop utilizing a particular business based on their position about gays. If that were not true, Chick Fil A would not have had their business increase when they said they supported traditional marriage.

Agreed, I mean "Sweetcakes by Mellisa" saw a huge boom in business after doing the same thing.

Oh wait...

.............. No they didn't, they saw a significant decrease in sales and had to close the store.

It's one thing when you are an international company and people go out and spend $4.99 for a lunch meal. Much different when you are paying $250 to $2,000 for a wedding cake.

>>>>

They had a significant number of threats and so did their customers and vendors. That's why they moved their business. They are still in business. When gay activists threaten a person for buying a cookie at a particular place, most people will get their cookies elsewhere.

They closed their storefront because revenue fell, people weren't buying their product anymore.

The owners are the ones that indicated their revenue dropped.

"They said their business has taken more than a 50 percent hit since January, when Aaron Klein refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple based on his religious beliefs."​

Sweet Cakes owners respond to firestorm over wedding cake decision | KATU Investigators | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

BTW - "They also said critics harassed their vendors to the point that vendors would no longer refer customers, which led to their income dropping off dramatically." Harassed does not equal threat. They probably felt "harassed" because of protests and their venders were told - "we don't do business with you if you do business with them". That is much different then a threat of violence. It is a boycott, something often employed by the right in the past when they felt a company was supporting gays.

I guess what goes around comes around.

>>>>

Last edited:
"...Such action may involve granting for a time to the part of the population concerned certain preferential treatment in specific matters as compared with the rest of the population. However, as long as such action is needed to correct discrimination, in fact, it is a case of legitimate differentiation under the Covenant."

It's a shame when the bigoted pieces of shit don't even know that they're promoting bigotry.

Affirmative action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Granting for a time, isn't that what it said? How long a period of time?

Lets go for about 400 years.

Chic fil a is not a representation of the US. It just shows that their customer base are bigots or ignorant of the companies stance. I personally will never eat there again.

The company stance is that they are Christian.

Good for them.

Chic Fil a was not accused of discrimination. No gay person was denied service. The issue was that the owner gave financial support to anti-gay organizations. The owner didn't ignore or break any law, nor did the business.

What does that have to do with it? They are promoting being anti gay. They dont get my nickel because of it.

That's exactly what it is.

"Affirmative action (known as positive discrimination in the United Kingdom and as employment equity in Canada and elsewhere) refers to policies that take factors including "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"[1] into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group "in areas of employment, education, and business"

In other words, if you're a certain color, you get special treatment.

In other words you cant read. I already said it was not negative discrimination. You also forgot to read the other protected categories.

What is negative discrimination?

White people have had 4 centuries of AA. So not only did you get to go first in building a financial legacy, you have had if for a longer period of time. I find that whites that complain about AA are angry with their ancestors for being lazy and not making gains while they had the time. Now you want to keep others from having their turn? Thats negative discrimination on your part and pure butt hurtedness.

We're regressing. State interference and overweening civil rights violations and infringement upon our liberty will result in a system where black market, barter, and word of mouth are the order of the day.

Yes. That is exactly where we are headed. It's what my mechanic did. He had so much trouble with his black customers that he just decided not to do business with them any more. It wasn't worth the aggravation when it came time to pay. He closed his mechanic shop. He's still busy but you have to know him or know someone who does know him.

In an interesting turn, the person who bought the mechanic bay isn't a mechanic. All he does is rent out the bay by the hour to several mechanics who operate their own businesses! It turned out to be a big benefit to many people. It's the free market wiggling out a living where there is overweening government interference.

Good for them.

Chic Fil a was not accused of discrimination. No gay person was denied service. The issue was that the owner gave financial support to anti-gay organizations. The owner didn't ignore or break any law, nor did the business.

What does that have to do with it? They are promoting being anti gay. They dont get my nickel because of it.

Please quote and link them promoting "anti-gayness".

I'll wait, loopy.

That's exactly what it is.

"Affirmative action (known as positive discrimination in the United Kingdom and as employment equity in Canada and elsewhere) refers to policies that take factors including "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"[1] into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group "in areas of employment, education, and business"

In other words, if you're a certain color, you get special treatment.

In other words you cant read. I already said it was not negative discrimination. You also forgot to read the other protected categories.

What is negative discrimination?

When you discriminate in order to deny some group entry to rights and priviledges that historically never had access.

Please quote and link them promoting "anti-gayness".

I'll wait, loopy.

Instead of waiting why don't you go look at what was said? I'm not your errand boy loopy.

Because they are the most negatively impacted by the racial discrimination involved in affirmative action
Thats what you said before. I'm asking you why.

Because they are harmed the most because they tend to be the most qualified applicants at universities. Now how is that not negative discrimination?

Because someone from a group that had been denied rights got that slot along with other Asians that qualified for AA. They cant have all the slots. Are you stupid? That would then mess up the purpose of AA.

White people have had 4 centuries of AA. So not only did you get to go first in building a financial legacy, you have had if for a longer period of time. I find that whites that complain about AA are angry with their ancestors for being lazy and not making gains while they had the time. Now you want to keep others from having their turn? Thats negative discrimination on your part and pure butt hurtedness.

No, white people have not had 4 centuries of AA. Affirmative Action is a specific name for specific policies taken up to offset what was allegedly NON-affirmative, or NEGATIVE discrimination.

Read a fucking book.

No, white people have not had 4 centuries of AA. Affirmative Action is a specific name for specific policies taken up to offset what was allegedly NON-affirmative, or NEGATIVE discrimination.

Read a fucking book.

Libs seem to believe in collective guilt/punishment. By their own logic should all blacks pay the price for black violence? Or do we have another liberal double standard?

Good for them.

It has everything to do with it. The owner has the right to voice his opinion in regards to religion or politics. He expressed his views in a legal and constitutional accepted ways. No customer coming into his business was ill treated or treated any differently than any other customer. If people who object to his views they can boycott him and his bussiness. They can speak out against him and attempt to harm his business with legal methods such as carrying boycott signs around his business or posting advertisements. If you don't like his stand on gays and his religious beliefs, don't spend your nickel there.

Last edited:
Thats what you said before. I'm asking you why.

Because they are harmed the most because they tend to be the most qualified applicants at universities. Now how is that not negative discrimination?

Because someone from a group that had been denied rights got that slot along with other Asians that qualified for AA. They cant have all the slots. Are you stupid? That would then mess up the purpose of AA.

Do you know how Asians were treated in California during the gold rush?
Yo faggots just think blacks are pathetic and need special help.

Forum List

Back