Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality

Ignored, as usual you bring nothing but gibberish.
Please just tell us why you believe this opinion piece is an assault on the separation of church and state

Who else is going to force acceptance? The homos? AHAHAHAHAHAHA
parishioners. Church members. The people.

But you're better at stretching than Stretch Armstrong if you think the article implied government mandated change. And stretch armstrong can stretch for miles

I bet you play with a stretchy armstrong, child
That sadly passed as wit with you, doesn't it?

I have no interest, pal. Move along with your BS and attempt to "dazzle" a loon

Please just tell us why you believe this opinion piece is an assault on the separation of church and state

But you're better at stretching than Stretch Armstrong if you think the article implied government mandated change. And stretch armstrong can stretch for miles

Can you at least admit that jumping to the conclusion that acceptance of gays would be government mandated was an invention of your own "mind"?

Can you at least admit that jumping to the conclusion that acceptance of gays would be government mandated was an invention of your own "mind"?

Fug off loon....how's that? Good grief why do you loons have to be so annoying? It's like it's a quest for you

Ignored, as usual you bring nothing but gibberish.

That sadly passed as wit with you, didn't it?

Edit

Fug off loon....how's that? Good grief why do you loons have to be so annoying? It's like it's a quest for you
You started a thread based on a premise you yourself can't explain or defend, and yet you have the audacity to call others "loons?"

Just tell us where the opinion piece suggests government involvement in church beliefs

You started a thread based on a premise you yourself can't explain or defend, and yet you have the audacity to call others "loons?"

Just tell us where the opinion piece suggests government involvement in church beliefs
The Left doesn't just use government. When you people want to attack, you use social institutions, corporations, schools, all levels of government, the media, riots, death threats, and terrorism. If conservatives adopted this multi faceted, take no prisoners approach to advancing our agenda, we would be a lot more successful. But we don't.

Woosh, right over the quacker's head

Then explain it. Do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion?

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinion...it's the opinion I have a problem with. You can't force acceptance. Hint: That's the crux of the article hence the wooosh

The crux of the article?

But the view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.

It disregards the degree to which all writings reflect the biases and blind spots of their authors, cultures and eras.

It ignores the extent to which interpretation is subjective, debatable. And it elevates unthinking obeisance above intelligent observance, above the evidence in front of you, because to look honestly at gay, lesbian and bisexual people is to see that we’re the same magnificent riddles as everyone else.

So our debate about religious freedom should include a conversation about freeing religions and religious people from prejudices that they needn’t cling to and can indeed jettison, much as they’v e jettisoned other aspects of their faith’s history.

The crux of the article doesn't say anything about forcing anyone to accept anything.
I always wonder when pathologically and repeatedly lying sites like LifeSiteNews don't link to the original article, and I of course assume their hyper-hook headline and story is full of shit.

Which it usually is.

This case is no different: The original op-ed: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/opinion/sunday/frank-bruni-same-sex-sinners.html

Or else, what ?

I've got no problem with individuals or groups attempting to convince religions to accept them.
However, they better not be talking about consequences if they fail to be inclusive.

The Left doesn't just use government. When you people want to attack, you use social institutions, corporations, schools, all levels of government, the media, riots, death threats, and terrorism. If conservatives adopted this multi faceted, take no prisoners approach to advancing our agenda, we would be a lot more successful. But we don't.

Conservatives of course do all of those things. Conservatives eat their own young in order to advance Conservative 'ideals'.

Conservatives use social institutions(among them Churches), corporations (Hobby Lobby), schools(Liberty University), all levels of government(it was not Liberals who passed Indiana's laws), the media(Fox/WND), 'riots' (Conservatives use the threat of riots to fear monger), death threats(homosexual political activists and Family Planning clinics regularly get death threats) and terrorism (see bombing of family planning clinics).

And of course, Conservatives try to equate free speech- like the article cited in this OP- with government oppression.

Irish Gal is of the type of Christian that believes its okay for her to lie just so long as she does it to attack liberals.

Pointing out her lies makes her testy.

The government should just do what it intends to do and is working towards. Set up its own church and compel everyone to go.

Thats what Conservatives really want- a return to the good old days before the Bill of Rights.

Woosh, right over the quacker's head

Then explain it. Do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion?

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinion...it's the opinion I have a problem with. You can't force acceptance. Hint: That's the crux of the article hence the wooosh

And you have the right to not care what their opinion is. It is just an opinion. It carries no weight of any kind. The thing about free speech is that sometimes someone is going to say something you don't agree with.

Should any church be forced to accept something? Absolutely not. That is my opinion. The Constitution prohibits the government from infringing upon the free exercise of religion. That is the law.

So what the guy was saying didn't go wooosh. I just didn't give a damn what he was saying. He can say what he likes and I don't have to care. See how that works? In this case, it appears you are choosing to be a victim, without actually being victimized.
It's an opinion that the opinions of others need to be suppressed. Only a Leftist would defend that.

Since it is Sassy Girl that is trying to suppress the opinion of one editorial writer- by lying about what he said.....only a Conservative would defend that.

Liberals want the government to have veto power over religious doctrine. The religion then becomes an arm of the government.

Conservatives want the government to mandate religion to all people- Christianity in particular of course- and want the government to force Christianity on the people.
You think as long as the cult of LGBT doesn't call itself a religion, it can get away with looking like "the poor seculars getting beaten up by the religious".

Guess again. Your cult has rigid dogma, punishment for heretics and evangelizes more aggressively than any religion I know of.

This puts it in a good nutshell:

Frank Bruni says
a true thing that the religionistas are not ready to hear:

… homosexuality and Christianity don’t have to be in conflict in any church anywhere.

That many Christians regard them as incompatible is understandable, an example not so much of hatred’s pull as of tradition’s sway. Beliefs ossified over centuries aren’t easily shaken.

But in the end, the continued view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a decision. It’s a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.

It disregards the degree to which all writings reflect the biases and blind spots of their authors, cultures and eras.

It ignores the extent to which interpretation is subjective, debatable.

And it elevates unthinking obeisance above intelligent observance, above the evidence in front of you, because to look honestly at gay, lesbian and bisexual people is to see that we’re the same magnificent riddles as everyone else: no more or less flawed, no more or less dignified. …

… So our debate about religious freedom should include a conversation about freeing religions and religious people from prejudices that they needn’t cling to and can indeed jettison, much as they’ve jettisoned other aspects of their faith’s history, rightly bowing to the enlightenments of modernity.
==================
Bruni goes on to make some of the same points I made in The Book (Rethinking Religion: Finding a Place for Religion in a Modern, Tolerant, Progressive, Peaceful and Science-affirming World), in particular that even among “Bible believers” ideas about what is sinful and what isn’t have changed over the years. Polygamy used to be okay, until it wasn’t.

Just 150 years ago southern white preachers defended slavery as not only sanctioned by the Bible but a benefit to the Africans who were sold into the West and made Christian. And so on.

The truth is, the moral views expressed in Iron Age scripture reflect Iron Age culture. Humankind has moved on. If the biblical literalists can’t accept that, they are free to run their own churches any way they like. But unless they want to be like the Mennonites and form their own enclosed communities, they need to adjust.

False Dichotomies

Conservatives of course do all of those things. Conservatives eat their own young in order to advance Conservative 'ideals'.

Conservatives use social institutions(among them Churches), corporations (Hobby Lobby), schools(Liberty University), all levels of government(it was not Liberals who passed Indiana's laws), the media(Fox/WND), 'riots' (Conservatives use the threat of riots to fear monger), death threats(homosexual political activists and Family Planning clinics regularly get death threats) and terrorism (see bombing of family planning clinics).

And of course, Conservatives try to equate free speech- like the article cited in this OP- with government oppression.
Wrong. Conservatives are restrained even when we have the power to do more. Look at our illustrious GOP controlled congress doing nothing to stop the Obama agenda.

And family planning clinics don't "regularly" get death threats.

Stop lying, Leftists!

Liberals want the government to have veto power over religious doctrine. The religion then becomes an arm of the government.

Conservatives want the government to mandate religion to all people- Christianity in particular of course- and want the government to force Christianity on the people.
You think as long as the cult of LGBT doesn't call itself a religion, it can get away with looking like "the poor seculars getting beaten up by the religious".

Guess again. Your cult has rigid dogma, punishment for heretics and evangelizes more aggressively than any religion I know of.

As usual- you are delusional and your overt hatred of homosexuals comes out again.

Conservatives want the government to mandate religion to all people- Christianity in particular of course- and want the government to force Christianity on the people

What part of freedom OF religion and separation of Church and state are the homosexuals and left loons not quite grasping?

Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality, says New York Times columnist

NEW YORK, April 7, 2015 – A New York Times columnist and a corporate leader have agreed that Christian churches “must” be convinced, or coerced, to change their teachings on sexual morality and abandon an “ossified” doctrinal teaching that sex outside heterosexual marriage is immoral.

Frank Bruni wrote that traditional Christianity – whether among evangelicals, Catholics, or Orthodox – provides the greatest resistance to normalizing homosexuality in the United States in a recent column in the New York Times.

“Homosexuality and Christianity don’t have to be in conflict in any church anywhere,” Bruni insisted. “The continued view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a decision. It’s a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

Christian churches must be made to affirm homosexuality says New York Times columnist News LifeSite

Bruni's commentary:

Frank Bruni commentary It s time to cross homosexuality off the list of sins The Columbus Dispatch

Relax. That is an opinion piece not the law of the land.

Whooosh, went right over her head, obviously.

Wrong. Conservatives are restrained even when we have the power to do more. Look at our illustrious GOP controlled congress doing nothing to stop the Obama agenda.

And family planning clinics don't "regularly" get death threats.

Stop lying, Leftists!

We can compare death threats if you want to- and terrorism.

Conservatives don't show any restraint- calling the Republican Congress inability to accomplish anything 'restraint' is like calling Obama's foreign policy success's as 'restraint'.

Stop lying, Conservatives and bigots!

Stop lying, Leftists!

Example of Conservative lie in this thread:
Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality, says New York Times columnist

What part of freedom OF religion and separation of Church and state are the homosexuals and left loons not quite grasping?

NEW YORK, April 7, 2015 – A New York Times columnist and a corporate leader have agreed that Christian churches “must” be convinced, or coerced, to change their teachings on sexual morality and abandon an “ossified” doctrinal teaching that sex outside heterosexual marriage is immoral.

Frank Bruni wrote that traditional Christianity – whether among evangelicals, Catholics, or Orthodox – provides the greatest resistance to normalizing homosexuality in the United States in a recent column in the New York Times.

“Homosexuality and Christianity don’t have to be in conflict in any church anywhere,” Bruni insisted. “The continued view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a decision. It’s a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

Christian churches must be made to affirm homosexuality says New York Times columnist News LifeSite

Bruni's commentary:

Frank Bruni commentary It s time to cross homosexuality off the list of sins The Columbus Dispatch

Relax. That is an opinion piece not the law of the land. The fact is change - if it is to come - must originate from the pews where real Christians with real Christian beliefs recognize that gay people are indeed people and that their sins - as one might describe their life's choices - are for God to judge, not us. We mere mortals are charged with deconstructing the walls we've built to separate us from "the others."

Excuse me but relax is the wrong message to send someone who is letting the world know that the homosexual agenda is now moving towards forcing Christian Churches into affirming homosexuality. It begins with "discussion" and the next thing you know, they are moving towards making it a law, Sayit. It is the Christians who are being judged here - for standing on the Word of God and refusing to acknowledge homosexuality as anything than what it is - an abomination before God Almighty and a sin. The Bible does not say, Love the sinner / hate the sin. Ghandi said that and Ghandi is in hell today. The Bible says God is angry with the wicked every day. The Bible says the wicked shall be destroyed. The Bible says no homosexual will enter the kingdom of heaven. The Bible never teaches any group of believers to invite homosexuals to join their church and live in sin before the congregation. If you will read the 1 Corinthians 5:1 - 5 you'll find that the Apostle Paul rebuked the Church in Corinth for not removing a man who was in sexual sin - from the congregation! What was Pauls command? Put him out of the church - turn him over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh. That's what. Do not tell her she is wrong when she is right. She's right. This begins with someone's opinion and the next step is they'll move to make it a law. People have every right to be alarmed and speak up!

Forum List

Back