"Christian" Religions which reject the Trinity Doctrine

Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in heaven?
Not in this world. Therefore, Mormons are polytheists. Christians believe in One True God. Mormons believe there are many true gods.

Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in Heaven beyond this world? We believe what the Apostle Paul taught:

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in heaven?
Not in this world. Therefore, Mormons are polytheists. Christians believe in One True God. Mormons believe there are many true gods.

Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in Heaven beyond this world? We believe what the Apostle Paul taught:

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
You've posted this previously, and I'll tell you the same thing I told you then. Read this very carefully. Paul acknowledges the beliefs of the Greeks that there are many gods (small g). Then he says....BUT TO US THERE IS ONE GOD. Christians believe there only One True God. You appear to have the same belief as the polytheistic Greeks. BUT TO US......US is Christians.

The word "eternal" means no beginning and no end. I provided the definition. If man can become God, then he has a beginning at birth.

I don't believe that the only thing that is eternal is God. I don't believe that ex nihilo creation is a true principle. I don't believe that God creates anything out of nothing. I believe that Intelligence and matter are eternal. I believe that God creates (organizes) out of those things that are eternal. I believe that God and man and all things with an intellect have had that intelligence for all eternity.

Those are fine beliefs. I wouldn’t argue them with you. But please be careful not to confuse them with Christian beliefs.

The Scriptures are very clear that Jesus created everything.

the word Create or Creation does not imply Ex Nihilo Creation, i.e, the creation out of nothing. That, to me, is a false concept.
Then you reject Scripture.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Collosians 1:15-18

Firstborn doesn't mean created. It means pre-eminence. It's a position of authority, not birth or creation.

Mormonism - Latter-day Saints

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Unity School of Christianity

Scientology - Dianetics
Every Christian cherry picks what they'll believe and what they won't believe. Just like you.

You've posted this previously, and I'll tell you the same thing I told you then. Read this very carefully. Paul acknowledges the beliefs of the Greeks that there are many gods (small g). Then he says....BUT TO US THERE IS ONE GOD. Christians believe there only One True God. You appear to have the same belief as the polytheistic Greeks. BUT TO US......US is Christians.

So tell me, Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in Heaven beyond this world?

The word "eternal" means no beginning and no end. I provided the definition. If man can become God, then he has a beginning at birth.

I don't believe that the only thing that is eternal is God. I don't believe that ex nihilo creation is a true principle. I don't believe that God creates anything out of nothing. I believe that Intelligence and matter are eternal. I believe that God creates (organizes) out of those things that are eternal. I believe that God and man and all things with an intellect have had that intelligence for all eternity.

Those are fine beliefs. I wouldn’t argue them with you. But please be careful not to confuse them with Christian beliefs.

Just taking those words from the words of Christ himself.

So tell me, Do you believe that you can reach the moral perfection of your Father in Heaven beyond this world?
No, I don't believe I can ever be God. I will be like Adam before he sinned.

Just taking those words from the words of Christ himself.

As I said .... admirable thoughts. But not Christian.

The Scriptures are very clear that Jesus created everything.

the word Create or Creation does not imply Ex Nihilo Creation, i.e, the creation out of nothing. That, to me, is a false concept.
Then you reject Scripture.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Collosians 1:15-18

Firstborn doesn't mean created. It means pre-eminence. It's a position of authority, not birth or creation.

Just because you can't see certain things does not imply that they do not exist. Spirit matter is invisible and spirits were created from it, not from nothing. Again, you continue to use the word 'create' to defend the argument over whether the word 'create' implies creation from nothing or creation from something. I created a snowman in my front yard and guess what? I didn't create it from nothing. You can't use the word 'create' as if it implies creation from nothing. It doesn't! God created man in his own image and likeness from the dust of the earth. He didn't create us out of nothing! He used the word 'create' and then told us what he created it out of. No where in scripture does it ever state that he ever created anything out of nothing.

So this begs the question, Why would Jesus command us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Does Jesus command us to do things that he knows that we cannot do? Would this be fair? Or, is this deceptive? How can we be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect? I suggest that it is possible. We are expected to become perfect, even as our Father in heaven is perfect. We can become like him. We can become one even as Jesus has become one with the Father.

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

So this begs the question, Why would Jesus command us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Does Jesus command us to do things that he knows that we cannot do? Would this be fair? Or, is this deceptive? How can we be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect? I suggest that it is possible. We are expected to become perfect, even as our Father in heaven is perfect. We can become like him. We can become one even as Jesus has become one with the Father.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
We will be sinless, like Adam. Was Adam like God? John 17:22 is saying that we may be one as Jesus and the father are one. He never said we will all be a God. He's talking about unity. You err in your understanding of the Scriptures as all Mormons do.

But he didn't say, Be ye as perfect as Adam. He said, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. He expects little gods to grow up and become big Gods. He didn't put any limits on this perfection. The oneness we can enjoy is being exactly like God in all his perfections.

But he didn't say, Be ye as perfect as Adam. He said, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. He expects little gods to grow up and become big Gods. He didn't put any limits on this perfection. The oneness we can enjoy is being exactly like God in all his perfections.
I don't read it as such. That's the mormon twist of Scripture. Any man that believes he can become God is treading dangerous ground.

I don't see it as a twist of scripture but as a setting straight of false orthodox dogma.

Where in scripture do you find that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate persons but one single being?

If they were a single being, then you must believe that the Father and the Holy Ghost have a body of flesh and bones since they are the same being as Jesus.

If the oneness of God means they are the same being, then that would mean that we can become that same being also according to John

Can we all become the same being?

If God is incomprehensible, how then can we come to know him and have eternal life?

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If God the Father and Jesus are the same being, how could the Father ever forsake Jesus or how could they have differing wills?

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 22:42
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

These are troubling questions brought about by the incomprehensible creeds of the 3rd century after Christ.

Why do Protestants carry on the creeds of the Catholics from who they split away from?

I don't see it as a twist of scripture but as a setting straight of false orthodox dogma.

Where in scripture do you find that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate persons but one single being?

If they were a single being, then you must believe that the Father and the Holy Ghost have a body of flesh and bones since they are the same being as Jesus.

If the oneness of God means they are the same being, then that would mean that we can become that same being also according to John

Can we all become the same being?

If God is incomprehensible, how then can we come to know him and have eternal life?

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If God the Father and Jesus are the same being, how could the Father ever forsake Jesus or how could they have differing wills?

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 22:42
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

These are troubling questions brought about by the incomprehensible creeds of the 3rd century after Christ.

Why do Protestants carry on the creeds of the Catholics from who they split away from?
Your entire religion is a lie invented by one man. Your faith rests in the story of a false prophet. I have the Scriptures and my faith is totally in Jesus. I'll take my chances. The requirements for a prophet are very precise. Joseph Smith fails the test.
Failed Prophecies of Joseph Smith

Last edited:

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics
Every Christian cherry picks what they'll believe and what they won't believe. Just like you.
You are accusing me of what you do, Taz.

And that does not mean be God.

To be means to exist.

To be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect means to be perfect existence as God is existence.

Of course that doesn't mean to do perfect things, it means to respond perfectly when you don't.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics
You are accusing me of what you do, Taz.
The truth can't be cherry picked.

Forum List

Back