🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

Ultimately, if you are in relationship with God - Truth is known. It sounds like a cop out to the secular, and, is very really to children of God. It's impossible for an unsaved person to truly understand Truth, but, possible to discover and for it to be revealed with an open heart....

Veritas? Quid est veritas?

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

Actually, I was quoting John 18:38. :lol:

Is that what your inner core is telling you De Te?
The truth can not be denied....

Why the deflection, Bonzi?

Afraid that I am going to destroy your "historical evidences" too?

:lol:
'

Why would I be afraid of anything? I don't have to prove what is already an indisputable truth.
This is not about me... it's about Him.

You raised the topic of these mythical "historical evidences" of yours and about being afraid.

I just turned them back on you.

Onus is on you to substantiate your position or to lose by default.

Your choice.

Onus is on God to reveal Himself to you. And I believe He has...

Damnit!

Now I have to be a devout Pastafarian!

:D
Praise his noodly appendage!! :eusa_pray:

why did god have to test Abraham?

God doesn't "have" to do anything.
Perhaps he tested Abraham's faith to be written in the Bible for us, so that we could see what obedience to God was. Or, perhaps a foreshadowing of the sacrifice God would make for US so that we could be in eternal relationship with Him. God actually DID make the sacrifice however, and, yet, we continually mock and spit on that sacrifice.....

Money... can you take it with you? It's temporal?
Is that really what you value in life?
God doesn't want your money, he wants your HEART!

I don't have a heart. Your God's world cut it out of my chest early in life. It died permanently when I saw what that Deity did to my father.

If you are talking about your fathers illness that was not God who causes illness.
Satan causes illnesses.

Ultimately, if you are in relationship with God - Truth is known. It sounds like a cop out to the secular, and, is very really to children of God. It's impossible for an unsaved person to truly understand Truth, but, possible to discover and for it to be revealed with an open heart....

Veritas? Quid est veritas?

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

Actually, I was quoting John 18:38. :lol:
... said Pilate, yes...

It's not about you. That is key.

If that Deity wants my time money and interest then it IS about me to a certain degree.

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" Matthew 22:21
God does no need money

God himself does not need money. but we are in a world where money is required to accomplish things
who is your God? that is the question.

Good works don't have to be done by a church, especially not one that profits.
God does not need million dollar churches when a field will do. God does not need statues and jeweled crosses. He does not need priests in silk robes. He does not need mansions and expensive cars. He does not need fancy art work.
There are many ways to give and help others that are not by way of religion. No award, gold star or ribbon needed

Why the deflection, Bonzi?

Afraid that I am going to destroy your "historical evidences" too?

'

Why would I be afraid of anything? I don't have to prove what is already an indisputable truth.
This is not about me... it's about Him.

You raised the topic of these mythical "historical evidences" of yours and about being afraid.

I just turned them back on you.

Onus is on you to substantiate your position or to lose by default.

Your choice.

Onus is on God to reveal Himself to you. And I believe He has...

Damnit!

Now I have to be a devout Pastafarian!

:D
Praise his noodly appendage!! :eusa_pray:

Galatians 6:7

God does not need million dollar churches when a field will do. God does not need statues and jeweled crosses. He does not need priests in silk robes. He does not need mansions and expensive cars. He does not need fancy art work.
There are many ways to give and help others that are not by way of religion. No award, gold star or ribbon needed

I agree.

there is no proof of any gods.

what is there to believe in when there is no proof?

My father died also a few years ago. You are very fortunate to have had a good, loving relationship with yours.
I was not so fortunate.
Do not think God hurts as you hurt, he does.
It was not his will that we suffer but have eternal life.
In the Garden of Eden, it was the serpent that said "You shall not surely die"... he deceived Eve, and, subsequently Adam, into thinking they would not die. They did not immediately, but, ultimately, now, because of that we all must experience a bodily death. Because of the lie from Satan.

When did I say I had a good relationship with my father? We didn't most of the time. That doesn't mean I didn't respect him and his qualities as a Man.

As for Eve..... that's what man and God get for trusting a woman to make a decision.

I agree.

then please stop organizing your beliefs and trying to force others to believe.

You end up building a perfect structure for sociopaths to USE to create evil in your beliefs names

Money... can you take it with you? It's temporal?
Is that really what you value in life?
God doesn't want your money, he wants your HEART!

I don't have a heart. Your God's world cut it out of my chest early in life. It died permanently when I saw what that Deity did to my father.

If you are talking about your fathers illness that was not God who causes illness.
Satan causes illnesses.

so satan is more powerful than god?
god does not care about humans?
god has a sadistic sense of humor and likes to see humans suffer?

why? why? why? why? why? why?.............

My father died also a few years ago. You are very fortunate to have had a good, loving relationship with yours.
I was not so fortunate.
In the Garden of Eden, it was the serpent that said "You shall not surely die"... he deceived Eve, and, subsequently Adam, into thinking they would not die. They did not immediately, but, ultimately, now, because of that we all must experience a bodily death. Because of the lie from Satan.

When did I say I had a good relationship with my father? We didn't most of the time. That doesn't mean I didn't respect him and his qualities as a Man.

As for Eve..... that's what man and God get for trusting a woman to make a decision.

you hated you mother too

There is too much perfection in our universe for there not to have a creator.
The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

I was not so fortunate.

you hated you mother too

that's not fair.... or kind....

There is too much perfection in our universe for there not to have a creator.
The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

Statistically, (if you want to go by that) intelligent design is much more probable than spontaneous creation...

Satan causes illnesses.

Even if I agreed, which I don't..... your/his God didn't do anything to help him.

God's purpose is not to make our lives easier. Only to save us from eternal damnation.
As a Christian your life becomes God and eternally focused, not of ourselves or of this World.
Our purpose is for Him and his Kingdom. Nothing else.

Forum List

Back