Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

Heckling and disruption example: Look what Jesus did...he gave his answer (which was a trick question by them anyway because stoning had not been in practice for years). Jesus dealt with it calmly and inquired of God before answering. Jesus said I only do what I see my father do and I only say what I hear my father say. And let's remember also in this example that the Pharisees didn't follow the law either...both parties were guilty and the man was to receive the same punishment as the woman.Lev 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, both the man and the woman who have committed adultery must be put to death. The Pharisees knew they were guilty because they knew the law and didn't bring both parties for punishment even though they claimed to have "caught her in the act". If they caught her they caught the man too and Jesus let them know by his answer that he wasn't oblivious to the law and would not be deceived. A good judge knows the law to the letter and Jesus being a perfect judge is worthy to judge the law and the heart
John 8:1-11Amplified Bible (AMP)
8 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 Early in the morning (at dawn), He came back into the temple [court], and the people came to Him in crowds. He sat down and was teaching them,

3 When the scribes and Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery. They made her stand in the middle of the court and put the case before Him.

4 Teacher, they said, This woman has been caught in the very act of adultery.

5 Now Moses in the Law commanded us that such [women—offenders] shall be stoned to death. But what do You say [to do with her—what is Your sentence]?A)" data-cr="#cen-AMP-26385A" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">

6 This they said to try (test) Him, hoping they might find a charge on which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger.

7 However, when they persisted with their question, He raised Himself up and said, Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.

8 Then He bent down and went on writing on the ground with His finger.

9 They listened to Him, and then they began going out, conscience-stricken, one by one, from the oldest down to the last one of them, till Jesus was left alone, with the woman standing there before Him in the center of the court.

10 When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?

11 She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more.

I'm glad you came dressed appropriately for church. Lol

When I was young a relative told me I could go to her church to see a play but was not welcome to show up in pants, I was to wear a dress, fix my hair just so and wear uncomfortable shoes. My response to her was then I have no desire to go. I have no dress, my hair is how it is and no trying to coiff it like you want will help and I only have tennis shoes. And if God is everywhere all the time He sees me now and talks to me here so doing all that is just a put on to those who set their eyes to judge me.

When I was young a relative told me I could go to her church to see a play but was not welcome to show up in pants, I was to wear a dress, fix my hair just so and wear uncomfortable shoes. My response to her was then I have no desire to go. I have no dress, my hair is how it is and no trying to coiff it like you want will help and I only have tennis shoes. And if God is everywhere all the time He sees me now and talks to me here so doing all that is just a put on to those who set their eyes to judge me.

I can certainly understand that. I never had the desire to go somewhere I could not be myself. :)

Forum List

Back