🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

Reading the Bible this morning, I opened it up to 2 Corinthians 4.

It addresses why people that are non-Christian's are unable to process or understand the Truth of the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 4: 3-5

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case, the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

This is a section of the Bible explaining why, as Christians, we need to be the Light to the world.
Because Satan is a deceiver, trying to blind you to the Truth.

As an ex Christian, now atheist, I get it, I just don't believe it. What you're reading is superstitious nonsense, IMO.

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sinremaineth. (John 9:39-41)

According to the NEJM circumcision actually reduced the risk of herpes, among other things.
Of course circumcisions can be done without sucking on babies' penises.

People suck on stings and bites to draw out the venom.
So you are okay with grown men sucking babies' penises.

They draw a few drops of blood from the cut foreskin. They are not trying to give an infant a blow job. Bris is usually done before the family and friends. Many families today film it. I don't consider it any different that a father cutting the umbilical cord with his teeth. No, I'm not at all bothered by it. Practice has been done for thousands of year. Why should it be a problem?
Circumcision is common place in the middle east. The fact some prefer to follow traditions is not a bother to me. I've seen the effects of butchers circumcising both boys and girls and know people that are very happy with their circumcision. Many boys that are circumcised after the age of eight or so have a higher risk of infection and death. Infants are easier to care for and heal after a few days.

WHO and even the Pope now recommend circumcision for health reasons. There are forms now that don't require cutting, it uses a ring and rubber band basically and the foreskin just falls off. For those that do it for religious reasons, tradition is important.

In addition their was never a concept of original sin in Judaism , paul came up with that , if their is no original sin covering everyone , no need for a cure .. ie ..the christian jesus to take away the sins of the world , which is a ridiculous pagan concept

Saint Augustine (354-430) was the first theologian to teach that man is born into this world in a state of sin. The basis of his belief is from the Bible (Genesis 3:17-19) where Adam is described as having disobeyed G-d by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. This, the first sin of man, became known as original sin.

Many Christians today, particularly members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches, subscribe to this belief. They maintain that the sin of Adam was transferred to all future generations, tainting even the unborn. Substantiation for this view is found in the New Testament (Romans 5:12) where Paul says, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. By one man's disobediance many were made sinners."

Christianity believes that only through the acceptance of Jesus that the "grace" of G-d can return to man. A Christian need only believe in Jesus to be saved; nothing else is required of them.

Judaism s Rejection of Original Sin Jewish Virtual Library

The Jews had animal sacrifices to cover their sins and yes their was original sin in Judaism.

I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and I can't recall any specific and unambiguous reference to “original sin” in the Old Testament. The following verses suggest that a man's fate is based solely upon his individual conduct with total disregard for anything his ancestors did or didn't do:

Ezekiel 18:20-30 (KJV):

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

“Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

“Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.”

Many families today film it.
They film some guy sucking their baby's penis?!

I don't consider it any different that a father cutting the umbilical cord with his teeth.
Wait what? When did this start?

This is getting sicker by the minute.

I've seen the effects of butchers circumcising both boys and girls and know people that are very happy with their circumcision.
Okay now you can't be serious.

Many boys that are circumcised after the age of eight or so have a higher risk of infection and death. Infants are easier to care for and heal after a few days.
Some groups are strongly opposed to circumcision.

The Use of Male Circumcision to Prevent HIV Infection

In addition their was never a concept of original sin in Judaism , paul came up with that , if their is no original sin covering everyone , no need for a cure .. ie ..the christian jesus to take away the sins of the world , which is a ridiculous pagan concept

Saint Augustine (354-430) was the first theologian to teach that man is born into this world in a state of sin. The basis of his belief is from the Bible (Genesis 3:17-19) where Adam is described as having disobeyed G-d by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. This, the first sin of man, became known as original sin.

Many Christians today, particularly members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches, subscribe to this belief. They maintain that the sin of Adam was transferred to all future generations, tainting even the unborn. Substantiation for this view is found in the New Testament (Romans 5:12) where Paul says, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. By one man's disobediance many were made sinners."

Christianity believes that only through the acceptance of Jesus that the "grace" of G-d can return to man. A Christian need only believe in Jesus to be saved; nothing else is required of them.

The Jews had animal sacrifices to cover their sins and yes their was original sin in Judaism.

I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and I can't recall any specific and unambiguous reference to “original sin” in the Old Testament. The following verses suggest that a man's fate is based solely upon his individual conduct with total disregard for anything his ancestors did or didn't do:
It's a controversial doctrine within both Christianity and Judaism.

SIN - JewishEncyclopedia.com

In Genesis we find: "For the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth".

Last edited:

I don't consider it any different that a father cutting the umbilical cord with his teeth.
Wait what? When did this start?

This is getting sicker by the minute.

I've seen the effects of butchers circumcising both boys and girls and know people that are very happy with their circumcision.
Okay now you can't be serious.

Many boys that are circumcised after the age of eight or so have a higher risk of infection and death. Infants are easier to care for and heal after a few days.
Some groups are strongly opposed to circumcision.

The Use of Male Circumcision to Prevent HIV Infection

You don't get out much

Not all people live in cities with hospitals. Since the dawn of mankind the teeth have been used, you thought the umbilical cord just fell off on it's own after birth? It can take up to a week for the cord to dry up and fall off on it's own. Not all parents want to carry the placenta around with the baby for that long.

Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision VMMC for HIV Prevention AVERT

It addresses why people that are non-Christian's are unable to process or understand the Truth of the Gospel.

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case, the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

This is a section of the Bible explaining why, as Christians, we need to be the Light to the world.

No. That' not why I don't get it.

Ezekiel 18:20-30 (KJV):

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

“Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

“Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.”

Genesis 3:22King James Version (KJV)

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Romans 5:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Once they learned evil they also became sinful.

https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_...1b4db65f5e99818bdd4914e4ddfd3d3b3&ec_rate=230

If you get so queasy about a metzitzah b'peh in front of people or biting through an umbilical cord you probably think placentophagy, eating the placenta, is weird

There is a big world out there beyond your little protective dome. Things you think are weird are natural to everyone else.

Just because you might not do something does not mean the rest of the world has to follow suit.

If you are blinded, how do you know?

Because I know why I don't get it, and that isn't it. You are making that assumption without even an attempt to understand another point of view. You should not be calling others blind.

Because I know why I don't get it, and that isn't it. You are making that assumption without even an attempt to understand another point of view. You should not be calling others blind.

Okay well you have my attention -- Explain.
You think the Biblical scripture referenced should not even be considered as a possibility?

Last edited:
39 "And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not, might see; and that they which see, might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. (John 9:39-41)

For those that may not understand the scripture above:

The Pharisees, through their spiritual pride, were full of conceit and arrogance. They were blind to their own sin, but would claim to see it in others.

You only have a couple of doors to chose from.

Door number one and be an atheist and this is it. This will all you will be....and that's it, the end

Or

Door number two and believe in a higher power and believe this is not it. This is not the end, we all know the Universe don't waste nothing and I believe it goes down to even not wasting the soul.

So I pick door number 2

Okay well you have my attention Explain.
You think the Biblical scripture should not even been considered as a possibility?

No. I have absolutely no concern for Biblical scripture. That is your religion, not mine.

Christianity has, at its base, the concept of redemption. You are sinful, but you ask for forgiveness and you are forgiven. To accept this you first must accept the very concept of sin. From the perspective of a priest class, sin makes perfect sense. You might call it job security. But from the perspective of a creator, it makes no sense at all. If a parent doesn't wish a child to eat cookies, and then places a big plate of cookies directly in front of the child and walks away, who is truly at fault when the child eats a cookie - the parent or the child? You can bring in free will, but that only makes sense if there is some purpose to it. If the creator only wishes perfection, then free will is a dumb move. But if the creator wishes for the child to learn, then the expectation must be that mistakes will be made. To consider those mistakes to be sinful and justification for rejection of the child is the essence of bad parenting. Or perhaps a more accurate term would be incompetent parenting.

Then there is redemption itself. We are imperfect with free will. Since it is a given that mistakes will be made and the creator must certainly be aware of that, then it can only be concluded this creator wanted us to be imperfect and to act on our own. To then hold us accountable for what this creator made us to be, and to demand we ask forgiveness for being what we were made to be, is truly incomprehensible. Do you ask your child to plead for forgiveness because they do not ride a bicycle perfectly their first time out? What kind of parent would you be if you did?

There are other issues as well. The pointlessness of heaven and hell, the mentality of a being who wants to be worshipped, etc. But I think redemption is enough for now.

Door number one and be an atheist and this is it. This will all you will be....and that's it, the end

Or

Door number two and believe in a higher power and believe this is not it. This is not the end, we all know the Universe don't waste nothing and I believe it goes down to even not wasting the soul.

So I pick door number 2

There are an infinite number of doors. No worries.

Or

So I pick door number 2

There are an infinite number of doors. No worries.
Could be, but I am not taking any chances and end up like a stupid ghost, stuck in between haunting an out house or something ... Lol

Forum List

Back