🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

There is too much perfection in our universe for there not to have a creator.
The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

You have that assbackwards. We evolved to suit the conditions on this planet. This is like the puddle of water assuming there must be a god because it exactly fits the hole that it is in.

there is no proof of any gods.

what is there to believe in when there is no proof?

The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

Statistically, (if you want to go by that) intelligent design is much more probable than spontaneous creation...

There is no evidence for either.

There are other planets with the same conditions that may or may not have life.
There is beauty but not perfection. anything even bacteria can be beautiful but that does not prove there is a god/creator. The world evolved, it did not burst forth from god's hand. It took a few hundred million years for man to evolve, and we are still evolving.
So were we in god's image when we first stood on two legs or are we in his image now? What about a few thousand years from now?

Statistically, (if you want to go by that) intelligent design is much more probable than spontaneous creation...

I do love you De Te, you are tenacious :)

Ultimately, if you are in relationship with God - Truth is known. It sounds like a cop out to the secular, and, is very really to children of God. It's impossible for an unsaved person to truly understand Truth, but, possible to discover and for it to be revealed with an open heart....

Veritas? Quid est veritas?

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

Actually, I was quoting John 18:38. :lol:
... said Pilate, yes...

Well so what? Pilate's point has validity. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. When we speak of spiritual truth we have to view it a bit differently, I think. You and I both have personal relationships with God, yet on certain points we have identified very different truths. As Christians, how do we account for that if both our truths are inspired by our relationship with God and yet they are different? If they are indeed both truths then it means there is not one universal truth. Truth is therefore the result of what God has given to us individually. This is why I allow people to walk their own path. God has granted them a different understanding than what has been granted to me....not better, nor worse, just different. Yet they all go back to God according to my personal viewpoint. Thus, who am I to interfere with the truth God has given them?

If you are talking about your fathers illness that was not God who causes illness.
Satan causes illnesses.

Even if I agreed, which I don't..... your/his God didn't do anything to help him.

You say his God.
That means his soul is with Jesus now and he took his pain away.
The vast majority of us don't get a free pass out of this plane of existence without going through some sort of suffering illnesses.

there is a real drive on the right in this country to deny known facts and embrace myths and lies.

who would gain from that?

think about it

Faith would be very boring without guys like DT. He certainly gives people of faith some good things to think upon. Perhaps God gave him a personal truth of atheism in order to inspire people of faith to higher levels of understanding and communion with God. Ever consider that? ;)

Ultimately, if you are in relationship with God - Truth is known. It sounds like a cop out to the secular, and, is very really to children of God. It's impossible for an unsaved person to truly understand Truth, but, possible to discover and for it to be revealed with an open heart....

Veritas? Quid est veritas?

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

Actually, I was quoting John 18:38. :lol:
... said Pilate, yes...

Well so what? Pilate's point has validity. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. When we speak of spiritual truth we have to view it a bit differently, I think. You and I both have personal relationships with God, yet on certain points we have identified very different truths. As Christians, how do we account for that if both our truths are inspired by our relationship with God and yet they are different? If they are indeed both truths then it means there is not one universal truth. Truth is therefore the result of what God has given to us individually. This is why I allow people to walk their own path. God has granted them a different understanding than what has been granted to me....not better, nor worse, just different. Yet they all go back to God according to my personal viewpoint. Thus, who am I to interfere with the truth God has given them?

Do I come across as "forcing" my beliefs on others? If so, I am not doing a good service to God.... I try hard to consult God and speak as a spokesperson FOR him, not as a proponent of myself....

Faith would be very boring without guys like DT. He certainly gives people of faith some good things to think upon. Perhaps God gave him a personal truth of atheism in order to inspire people of faith to higher levels of understanding and communion with God. Ever consider that? ;)

could be... I am being serious when I say I love him. I don't mean that as a farce....

Science in March of 2014 says there is.
Big Bang theory now has evidence.
Major Discovery Smoking Gun for Universe s Incredible Big Bang Expansion Found

:lol:

If your God is speaking through me then I advise you both to run away, run far away and don't stop running, ever!

:D

My father died also a few years ago. You are very fortunate to have had a good, loving relationship with yours.
I was not so fortunate.
Do not think God hurts as you hurt, he does.
It was not his will that we suffer but have eternal life.
In the Garden of Eden, it was the serpent that said "You shall not surely die"... he deceived Eve, and, subsequently Adam, into thinking they would not die. They did not immediately, but, ultimately, now, because of that we all must experience a bodily death. Because of the lie from Satan.

When did I say I had a good relationship with my father? We didn't most of the time. That doesn't mean I didn't respect him and his qualities as a Man.

As for Eve..... that's what man and God get for trusting a woman to make a decision.

you hated you mother too

that's not fair.... or kind....

was it kind to demean women is his comment? was it fair to distrust women?

Was it fair to blame eve for the gift of knowledge? We should have all stayed ignorant and been happy? If god did not want us to have knowledge, why did he create the damn tree?
Every parent knows that when you tell a young child not to touch, that is exactly what they want the most. No snake needed.
Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent god would have known what would happen before making adam, lilith or eve

Rib of adam? Then is was really adam that took the apple.
Blame the women for the mess that men create. How male!

If you see a lion's tail sticking out of a bush, do you yank on it to prove to yourself that it is attached to a lion?
a tail sticking out of the grass is proof of something.

point to the tail in the grass you see to prove in gods?

The lion's tail represents personal experiences for which there is no explanation. These are highly personal in nature of course and some of them I have shared on various threads. Do they constitute scientific proof? Of course not. But they do transcend rational explanation. That is my "lion's tail". I am pretty comfortable that I know what it is attached to without yanking on it.

If your God is speaking through me then I advise you both to run away, run far away and don't stop running, ever!

Man meant it for evil; God meant it for good.... Genesis 50:20 (paraphrased)

It raises an interesting point though don't you think? How can faith grow if faith is not challenged? How could faith be challenged without someone to challenge it? Thus, atheism provides theists the opportunity for their faith to grow and evolve. Hmmmmmm......look at DT doing the Lord's work for us here Bonzi. :lmao:

If you see a lion's tail sticking out of a bush, do you yank on it to prove to yourself that it is attached to a lion?
a tail sticking out of the grass is proof of something.

point to the tail in the grass you see to prove in gods?

The lion's tail represents personal experiences for which there is no explanation. These are highly personal in nature of course and some of them I have shared on various threads. Do they constitute scientific proof? Of course not. But they do transcend rational explanation. That is my "lion's tail". I am pretty comfortable that I know what it is attached to without yanking on it.

because you think you will be torn to pieces by what you actually find?

Forum List

Back