🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

ok this has been enlightening, but I need to make better use of my Saturday. Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend.

I know, I'm like I need to do some housework. Hubby will not be pleased that I have been talking to mostly men all afternoon... even it if it is for the Lord! :)

No I don't yank on it because if I see a lion's tail I can be pretty certain that it is attached to a lion.

But what if the lion is dead?

Can you see the tail moving?

If not then how do you know that the lion is still alive?

A tail by itself is not enough.

do you miss your Father?
do you fear death?

I miss him very much.

I have no fear of death. I fear life in the world I see growing around me much more than I ever feared death in my youth.

Well I love you Anathema, and, I pray you will see your Father again.
I am sad I didn't have a relationship with mine, not to my desire, but, am so grateful there is a better life after this one.

This world is waxing worse and worse, but please know that you are loved. Unconditionally.

There is too much perfection in our universe for there not to have a creator.
The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

Statistically, (if you want to go by that) intelligent design is much more probable than spontaneous creation...

There is no evidence for either.

Science in March of 2014 says there is.
Big Bang theory now has evidence.
Major Discovery Smoking Gun for Universe s Incredible Big Bang Expansion Found

No evidence of any gods in that one silly

What caused the bang to begin with?

why would you claim it was a god or gods?

do you miss your Father?
do you fear death?

I miss him very much.

I have no fear of death. I fear life in the world I see growing around me much more than I ever feared death in my youth.

I am sad I didn't have a relationship with mine, not to my desire, but, am so grateful there is a better life after this one.

This world is waxing worse and worse, but please know that you are loved. Unconditionally.

this world in not getting worse.

you just are trained to hate it

There is too much perfection in our universe for there not to have a creator.
The perfect placement of Earth to the Sun for the existence of life on this planet is one of thousands of the examples of perfections.

Statistically, (if you want to go by that) intelligent design is much more probable than spontaneous creation...

There is no evidence for either.

Science in March of 2014 says there is.
Big Bang theory now has evidence.
Major Discovery Smoking Gun for Universe s Incredible Big Bang Expansion Found

No evidence of any gods in that one silly

What caused the bang to begin with?

The laws of physics.

Compression causes friction which generates heat.

The matter already existed. It was just compressed by gravity into a small dense object that eventually generated sufficient heat to overcome the gravity and then it blew apart in the Big Bang.

do you miss your Father?
do you fear death?

I miss him very much.

this world in not getting worse.

you just are trained to hate it

No, I am not trained, but, can see what is happening.
Ultimately, it will all work out in the end.

You say his God.
That means his soul is with Jesus now and he took his pain away.
The vast majority of us don't get a free pass out of this plane of existence without going through some sort of suffering illnesses.

After two years of intense suffering. His soul in Heaven doesn't do me any good here.

As for getting out of thus plane without suffering..... that's what I have the special .45 ACP round in my bedroom for.

I have those days. Most people with chronic or acute pain over a long period have contemplated when is it too much?
I've had my plan in place for years. I deal with it one hour and one day at a time. I know were the door is, I'm just not quite ready to walk through it.

I don't have any religion

I do known science

Have you done any reading or research on God, the Bible?

I was raised Christian.

it never made any sense to me

tell me why did your god have to test Abraham?

God used Abraham’s faith as an example of the type of faith required for salvation.
Genesis 15:6 says, “Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.” This truth is the basis of the Christian faith, as reiterated in Romans 4:3 and James 2:23. The righteousness that was credited to Abraham is the same righteousness credited to us when we receive by faith the sacrifice God provided for our sins—Jesus Christ. “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The Old Testament story of Abraham is the basis of the New Testament teaching of the atonement, the sacrificial offering of the Lord Jesus on the cross for the sin of mankind. Jesus said, many centuries later, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad”

Veritas? Quid est veritas?

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

Actually, I was quoting John 18:38. :lol:
... said Pilate, yes...

Well so what? Pilate's point has validity. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. When we speak of spiritual truth we have to view it a bit differently, I think. You and I both have personal relationships with God, yet on certain points we have identified very different truths. As Christians, how do we account for that if both our truths are inspired by our relationship with God and yet they are different? If they are indeed both truths then it means there is not one universal truth. Truth is therefore the result of what God has given to us individually. This is why I allow people to walk their own path. God has granted them a different understanding than what has been granted to me....not better, nor worse, just different. Yet they all go back to God according to my personal viewpoint. Thus, who am I to interfere with the truth God has given them?

Do I come across as "forcing" my beliefs on others? If so, I am not doing a good service to God.... I try hard to consult God and speak as a spokesperson FOR him, not as a proponent of myself....
Anyone who stands with God and proclaims it is a threat apparently and to be persecuted. If you are singled out count it joy as you are developed enough spiritually to be a threat. If if you have gotten to a point that spiritual creations know your name you just graduated to the big league. Once you step into that arena and have that spirit filled in dwelling and confidence nothing can shake you and the enemy knows that and knows that you are a major influence. Only thing that they have is deception but when you are enlightened to the misdirection they become of no effect. When Jesus didn't play in to satan in the desert he was so frustrated he left Jesus alone for a season. The enemy attacks in the weakest time. Keep vigilant like Jesus told of the virgins in wait. God will inform you what is coming. When you know it won't surprise you or take you off guard. When you know how the magic trick is done it doesn't have the mystical properties it did. The wizard in Oz was not so powerful once the curtain was pulled

You ask me "What is Truth"?

You know... there are things you "can't not know" as hard as we try to reason them away.....

... said Pilate, yes...

Well so what? Pilate's point has validity. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. When we speak of spiritual truth we have to view it a bit differently, I think. You and I both have personal relationships with God, yet on certain points we have identified very different truths. As Christians, how do we account for that if both our truths are inspired by our relationship with God and yet they are different? If they are indeed both truths then it means there is not one universal truth. Truth is therefore the result of what God has given to us individually. This is why I allow people to walk their own path. God has granted them a different understanding than what has been granted to me....not better, nor worse, just different. Yet they all go back to God according to my personal viewpoint. Thus, who am I to interfere with the truth God has given them?

Do I come across as "forcing" my beliefs on others? If so, I am not doing a good service to God.... I try hard to consult God and speak as a spokesperson FOR him, not as a proponent of myself....
Anyone who stands with God and proclaims it is a threat apparently and to be persecuted. If you are singled out count it joy as you are developed enough spiritually to be a threat. If if you have gotten to a point that spiritual creations know your name you just graduated to the big league. Once you step into that arena and have that spirit filled in dwelling and confidence nothing can shake you and the enemy knows that and knows that you are a major influence. Only thing that they have is deception but when you are enlightened to the misdirection they become of no effect. When Jesus didn't play in to satan in the desert he was so frustrated he left Jesus alone for a season. The enemy attacks in the weakest time. Keep vigilant like Jesus told of the virgins in wait. God will inform you what is coming. When you know it won't surprise you or take you off guard. When you know how the magic trick is done it doesn't have the mystical properties it did. The wizard in Oz was not so powerful once the curtain was pulled

Can I ask you a question... ?
Why do you choose an avatar with a woman in underwear?
Not judging just curious...

I don't have any religion

I do known science

Have you done any reading or research on God, the Bible?

I was raised Christian.

it never made any sense to me

tell me why did your god have to test Abraham?

God used Abraham’s faith as an example of the type of faith required for salvation.
Genesis 15:6 says, “Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.” This truth is the basis of the Christian faith, as reiterated in Romans 4:3 and James 2:23. The righteousness that was credited to Abraham is the same righteousness credited to us when we receive by faith the sacrifice God provided for our sins—Jesus Christ. “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The Old Testament story of Abraham is the basis of the New Testament teaching of the atonement, the sacrificial offering of the Lord Jesus on the cross for the sin of mankind. Jesus said, many centuries later, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad”
Abraham knew when he went up there that Isaac was coming back with him. He didn't know how but he knew God had a plan. He told the servants with him WE will be back down.

I have those days. Most people with chronic or acute pain over a long period have contemplated when is it too much?
I've had my plan in place for years. I deal with it one hour and one day at a time. I know were the door is, I'm just not quite ready to walk through it.

I'm ready to do it on a moments notice. When the time comes there will be no long term pain or other unpleasantness.

"God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son."
Abe said, "Man, you must must be putting me on!"
God said, "NO." Abe said, "What?"
God said, "You can do what you want to, but
the next time you see me, you'd better run!"
Abe said, "where you want this killin' done?
God said, "Over out on highway 61."

Dylan

... said Pilate, yes...

Can I ask you a question... ?
Why do you choose an avatar with a woman in underwear?
Not judging just curious...
Why do you have an avatar of Harley Quinn?

I'm ready to do it on a moments notice. When the time comes there will be no long term pain or other unpleasantness.

the exit is more a comfort than a temptation.

one day at a time

Forum List

Back