Christians attempt to silence non-religious messages at Christmas

So wait we can't call the religious right, the religious right without waging a war on Christianity? We can't call them names or insult them without persecuting them?

You're using the same stupid logic as the people who write the hate crime laws you're so against.

As I said before, being insulted DOES NOT MAKE YOU A VICTIM. EVERY major group will get insulted at one point or another.

Even if we were to accept that they were biased against Christians that does not make Christians victims. Following that logic the Republican national convention makes democrats victims and vice versa.

And once again you point to random incidents of violence and murder as evidence that there's currently a war on Christians. Hey maybe we can go back far enough and I can cite abortion bombings. You really are citing unrelated events as proof that there's a vast conspiracy out to get Christians.

Like Columbine, those people were nuts, completely freaking nuts. They have had psychological problems in the past and they just targeted random people (one chick makes no difference).

But even if they did do you honestly think the represent anyone? It almost appears as though you're using two people as proof that there must be a large number of people like them, which defies logic.

"Killing others before committing suicide is not a new phenomenon, though the Virginia Tech numbers are shocking, said Tom McIntyre, coordinator of the Graduate Program in Behavior Disorders at Hunter College in New York.

"Freud said homicide is just suicide turned inside out," said McIntyre, who began studying school violence after Columbine. "The main motive is revenge."

In the past, a pre-suicide killing usually involved a specific target - as in the case of a husband finding his wife with a lover, Elliot said.

The victims in the Columbine and Virginia Tech shootings appeared to be random targets, he said."

Columbine families share Va. Tech sorrow

Oh no, the poor christians are being insulted ... let's call out the military and have everyone else arrested! Let's ignore the violence committed by them, because some people are saying bad things about them and that's more important! Let's ignore their breaking the constitutional law so much because simple insults are much more important!

... please, if insults were really that bad then we'd ALL be persecuted, all the groups that are insulted by someone would be hate speech. But (back on topic) insults are not against the law, threats of violence are against the law. There was no threat of violence, there was just an opinion in the atheist sign, and opinions are like assholes. Everything will always offend someone, that's why we have the freedom of speech laws. However in this case people are playing victims for attention only just because another person posted an opposing opinion. It's no different than going to a diner and saying "the food here sucks, don't eat it." It's not a federal case, since they didn't do it on private property there is no one to stop it. The more people boohoo about being 'persecuted' by opinion the more chance there is that eventually others will be sick of it, so it is the whiners about the stupid sign that are inciting violence, not the sign itself.

Exactly if you don't agree with me then you're trying to persecute me. Makes perfect sense eh?

Actually, Father Time said it perfectly, and perfectly clear. Just no matter how it's said for some reason there are so many who still don't get it, from all groups and walks of life not just christians.

Bullshit. I'm not paranoid or hysterical. Listen to the loons who get all freaked out because people dare to say "Merry CHristmas" to them on the street.

Or the idiots, such as Ravi, who think that the Bible should be declared hate speech.

How long have you been here? Obviously not long enough to know what hte hell you're talking about. Do some reading before you presume to be an expert.

Who said anything about being an expert? I've been around long enough to read plenty of paranoid and hysterical posts by you just on this thread alone.

Lighten up. 'Tis the season to be jolly.

Who said anything about being an expert? I've been around long enough to read plenty of paranoid and hysterical posts by you just on this thread alone.

Lighten up. 'Tis the season to be jolly.
The season to be jolly is called "Christmas." Merry Christmas, to you and to EVERYONE!

And the award for proving that the whole 'war on christmas' is just paranoia!

I see more people getting upset when people DON'T say merry christmas just because of not celebrating or just because they want to say something else than people getting upset of hearing or seeing 'merry christmas.' Tis the season to be jolly!

Atheists take aim at Christmas - CNN.com

What really interests me about this is the way that Christians, who've won the war to have a nativity placed on the state capitol's grounds, are fighting to SILENCE atheist messages.

Interesting. "Free speech, but only for me."

Interesting to see the comments about Christians playing "victim" here when in fact the title of the article is "Atheists TAKE AIM at Christmas". Does that suggest to you that it is actually Christians attacking atheism in your mind? Never see atheists do that with regard to the religious days of ANY other religion -which I also find interesting. Atheists act as if Christians should constantly apologize for the fact the majority of Americans are Christians. How is this one then: Sorry you atheists are such a frigging tiny minority you actually believe that makes you "oppressed" just because the vast majority of other people don't share your atheistic beliefs. Deal with it. Gee, I manage to deal with the fact that atheists are some of the most intolerant, hypocritical, bigoted people I have ever met in my life.

This is a special day in Christianity -and rather than show the tolerance they falsely claim to have for others, the article says "atheists take aim at Christmas" instead. Which nutcases like you think is another fine opportunity to show your own intolerance of others by once again pretending when atheists attack Christmas and Christianity -it isn't really Christianity being attacked yet again. It is just Christians PRETENDING like it is. Gee, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you don't want to hear Christians complaining about the lack of tolerance from these kinds of people -then they should just quit being so blatanting intolerant then, huh? Instead of people like you demanding that Christians stop complaining about the intolerance shown by others. Pretending Christmas was made a federal holiday for the purpose of inviting others to slam and insult it -is ridiculous. Would never happen with the religious days of any other religion here. The intolerance of the left even as they spew their hypocritical bs about how they are supposedly SOOO much more tolerant than Christians -is mindboggling. Hard to imagine any have an IQ in triple digits frankly.

YOU don't want to celebrate Christmas -then don't. I don't give a crap, I'm not going to insult anyone who does not, its your choice -and THAT is true tolerance. But because I do celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ -do me the same favor and keep your offensive comments about what you think about my religion, religious beliefs and special days within my religion -to yourself.

Last edited:
Again, media just reaching for ratings ... nothing more. It's one instance. So since I hate Pop culture is there now a war on pop culture! I say it's pure evil! American Idol is satanism! Paid religious programs are vile and preach hatred! All media is pure evil! It's war! To arms, to arms!

The reason the season is jolly is because of Christmas. The fact that this time period occupies the month of December is mere happenstance.

Yeah I know that, if it wasn't for Christmas then only late December would be a time of joy not the entire month.

Like I said, I was nitpicking (and trying to be a wise guy).

Forum List

Back