🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

"As long as they aren't asking me to join in, they can do as they please."

AmyN^

My point, I will re-word it since you have difficulty with it, is that they can ask you join in. Asking is not a violation of your rights. They can do as they please, INCLUDING asking you to join.

Get it yet?

Amy, did you know that God loves you?

See, I can do that as well. All perfectly within my rights, and violate none of yours.

Go figure. Liberty and freedom of speech are wonderful things.

Of course, anti-Christian bigots would like to see both limited, even eradicated.

But God loves you anyway.

And that's the difference.

When you refuse to accept Christ as your savior, Christians don't scream that you are violating their civil rights.
:lol: That may be the dumbest thing you've ever posted.

So how did you interpret

"No one says I have to do anything about homosexuals now. What will they say when it's the law? "[/QUOTE]

As a sentence in and of it's self.
I didn't see the word "marry" in it nowhere

For her to understand that sentence, she would need a memory and attention span longer than my 3-year-old's, and thus be able to read it in the context of her own post, which I responded to. She has amply demonstrated that her two brain cells have too much distance between them to effectively accomplish that.

I have to congratulate her, though, for setting a record as my fastest ignorant troll ignore ever on this board. :clap2:
It's too bad you punked out and didn't explain exactly what you meant. But not surprising.

See, I can do that as well. All perfectly within my rights, and violate none of yours.

Of course, anti-Christian bigots would like to see both limited, even eradicated.

Why do you need me to be an anti-Christian bigot?

And that's the difference.

When you refuse to accept Christ as your savior, Christians don't scream that you are violating their civil rights.

Good point. My honest answer to Ravi made it clear. I didn't force my opinion on her, I just ignored her and suggested she ignore me.

Why are you one?

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Gee, Ravi just got put on ignore. I'm a Christian and I can feel the hate dripping in those words. No you don't have to accept me. I'll be ignoring you from now on, I suggest you ignore me and we'll both be happy. Meanwhile, I'll be praying for you Ravi.
I read your subsequent post so I know now that you realize this thread was a spoof.

But your reaction is more than likely similar to the reaction of any other group that is said to, including gay people.

That was the point of the entire thread.

Why are you one?
Only in a "if you're not with us you're agaisnt us" world view would that make sense.

""As long as they aren't asking me to join in, they can do as they please."

The implication being that if they please to ask you to join, they CAN'T do as they please, if what they please to do annoys you.
That is bigotry. You want to deny them their right to free speech and pursuit of happiness, because it annoys or offends you.

Sorry, you don't have a right not to be annoyed. They do have a right to ask you to join or whatever.

That statement shows a willingness to reduce the rights of Christians based on the fact that they are freely expressing their religion, as is their protected right..and that is bigotry. You want to deny them the right that everybody else has, because you don't like their belief system.

Sorry, that makes you an anti-Christian bigot.

The implication being that if they please to ask you to join, they CAN'T do as they please, if what they please to do annoys you.
That is bigotry. You want to deny them their right to free speech and pursuit of happiness, because it annoys or offends you.

Sorry, you don't have a right not to be annoyed. They do have a right to ask you to join or whatever.

That statement shows a willingness to reduce the rights of Christians based on the fact that they are freely expressing their religion, as is their protected right..and that is bigotry. You want to deny them the right that everybody else has, because you don't like their belief system.

Not once, anywhere in this thread or anywhere else for the matter have I stated, hinted, or implied that Christians don't deserve free speech or the right to practice their religion.

However, the way many Christians feel about homosexuality

I don't care about gays, I do not like it being rubbed in my face, but other than that I don't care.

Is the same way non-Christians feel about christianity.

And...if that is annoying, what to say about advertisements?

Not once, anywhere in this thread or anywhere else for the matter have I stated, hinted, or implied that Christians don't deserve free speech or the right to practice their religion.

However, the way many Christians feel about homosexuality

I don't care about gays, I do not like it being rubbed in my face, but other than that I don't care.

Is the same way non-Christians feel about christianity.

No, it's not.

Please explain this:

"As long as they aren't asking me to join in, they can do as they please."

You state right there that they can't ask you to join.

And you are wrong. They can.

Likewise, gays may ask people to join.

But we don't have to.

It's when laws are passed that FORCE us to accept their practices that we have a problem.

As I said, you people don't know the difference between "force" and "ask". You claim that asking you to convert is "forcing" our religion upon you....

But you are okay with "forcing" us to embrace homosexuality, via legislation that make it a crime to refuse to support it.

Likewise, gays may ask people to join.

But we don't have to.

It's when laws are passed that FORCE us to accept their practices that we have a problem.

As I said, you people don't know the difference between "force" and "ask". You claim that asking you to convert is "forcing" our religion upon you....

But you are okay with "forcing" us to embrace homosexuality, via legislation that make it a crime to refuse to support it.

Utter nonsense.

Please point to the legislation that forces you to accept homosexuality.

I never said asking was forcing me, you have decided that's how I really feel because it's what you need to hear.

Forum List

Back