🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christie/Kasich? Kasich/Christie?

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Christie/Kasich? Kasich/Christie?

If it's found that Cruz as a Canadian-turned American can't run, would the Christie/Kasich, Kasich/Christie ticket be one that middle voters could support? Both are more moderate republicans and this is what the middle wants.

They both are governors, a must this time around. No junior senators or senators. I think 8 years was enough of that. Governors know how to run complex social and political systems and are veterans of direct contact and oversight to troubles and toils day after day. That's the description of the Office of POTUS.

So...? Rubio is too young and impulsive. Our country can't take that. Bush is a Bush. 'Nuff said. That pretty much rubs out the top tier down to just these two. Well?

Discuss..

Kasich is a corporatist and Christie is a moron.
That dumbfuck cant even answer a question without mentioning Hillary.

Excellent ticket for the dems.
Or, maybe a ticket the dems are afraid of and told a blogger to say "Excellent ticket for the dems.."

Christie and Kasich both were warming up to pro choice..a typically dem platform..for instance. Kasich also placed a heavy tax on frackers in his state, urging them stronger than most republicans to be responsible oil extractors with the environment..

Dems loving them? Or scared to death of them... Look what Maddow tried to do to Christie on "Bridgegate". She wanted to kill him in the cradle. Didn't work. But the reason she did that wasn't because the dems aren't afraid of the idea of a Christie ticket...

That's what we need. A banker for President :clap2:
They all have flaws. That's Kasich's..but he dabbled from what I gather. I don't think he was directly responsible for the collapse of the economy like some of the schemers.

Say what you will about Kasich but the man has done a rather decent job as Governor of Ohio. He is also quite popular in his home state, a state the GOP must win if they wish to take the White House. If he doesn't win the nomination(I don't believe he will), you can bet the farm his name is on a shortlist for Vice-President.

Not only no but hell no. Christie I could maybe stomach, but not Kasich.

Christie and Kasich both have lots of applicable experience and have had success as executives.

No way the Republicans would nominate them.

Christie and Kasich both have lots of applicable experience and have had success as executives.

No way the Republicans would nominate them.
I would echo that it's unlikely they would nominate them because they both have a reputation for independent thinking from the hard right. Cheney's gang won't likely tolerate that.

What's your beef with Kasich? I honestly want to know. I've only researched him a bit..

Kasich is one of the worst sort IMO. He's a political creature who wouldn't know a principle if it bit him. I can't understand why he hasn't switched to the Democratic party.

Met him a long time ago, and took an instant dislike to him.

What's your beef with Kasich? I honestly want to know. I've only researched him a bit..

Kasich is one of the worst sort IMO. He's a political creature who wouldn't know a principle if it bit him. I can't understand why he hasn't switched to the Democratic party.

Forgive me for noticing, but the little number of posts you have to your name and your still-vague venom for Kasich makes me think you're a Trump-troll on payroll...?

"The worst sort" "wouldn't know a principle if it bit him" "quasi-democrat" "took an instant dislike to him". I've heard these types of comments before...vague, damning, but without specifics that could be fact-checked. They are the classic pre-emptive smearing of a pathological narcissist aiming to defame a target before s/he eviscerates them...so there won't be any backlash for the viciousness in public opinion of the perp.

Please explain how I'm wrong here?

He would be another Bush 41 (as would Jeb): A patsy for Democrat shenanigans.

Well it's sure hard to run a hard right conservative POTUS if you don't have enough votes for him because the hard right platform isn't selling to middle voters.

Kasich has a background of harshly opposing legal pot, and conservative values when it comes to spiritual issues. Are you angry because he raised taxes on frackers so that when they're done "cutting and running" that resource in Ohio, the environmental mess they leave can actually be paid for to be cleaned up (it never can of course, you can't clean up 1,000s of feet under the ground in formerly fresh water aquifers feeding the state's drinking water...)? It's that what you mean by "being a patsy for Democrat shenanigans?

Explain. Do you think a governor protecting his state's children's drinking water is "a democrat wimp and pasty"?...

"Early in his term, Bush faced the problem of what to do with leftover deficits spawned by the Reagan years. At $220 billion in 1990, the deficit had grown to three times its size since 1980. Bush was dedicated to curbing the deficit, believing that America could not continue to be a leader in the world without doing so. He began an effort to persuade the Democratic controlled Congress to act on the budget; with Republicans believing that the best way was to cut government spending, and Democrats convinced that the only way would be to raise taxes, Bush faced problems when it came to consensus building.[19]

In the wake of a struggle with Congress, Bush was forced by the Democratic majority to raise tax revenues; as a result, many Republicans felt betrayed because Bush had promised "no new taxes" in his 1988 campaign. Perceiving a means of revenge, Republican congressmen defeated Bush's proposal which would enact spending cuts and tax increases that would reduce the deficit by $500 billion over five years. Scrambling, Bush accepted the Democrats' demands for higher taxes and more spending, which alienated him from Republicans and gave way to a sharp decrease in popularity. Bush would later say that he wished he had never signed the bill.[19] Near the end of the 101st Congress, the president and congressional members reached a compromise on a budget package that increased the marginal tax rate and phased out exemptions for high-income taxpayers. Although he originally demanded a reduction in the capital gains tax, Bush relented on this issue as well. This agreement with the Democratic leadership in Congress proved to be a turning point in the Bush presidency; his popularity among Republicans never fully recovered." -Wiki

This is what I mean by being a "patsy" for the Democrats. No anger, just not wanting to repeat it.

Last edited:

Forgive me for noticing, but the little number of posts you have to your name and your still-vague venom for Kasich makes me think you're a Trump-troll on payroll...?

"The worst sort" "wouldn't know a principle if it bit him" "quasi-democrat" "took an instant dislike to him". I've heard these types of comments before...vague, damning, but without specifics that could be fact-checked. They are the classic pre-emptive smearing of a pathological narcissist aiming to defame a target before s/he eviscerates them...so there won't be any backlash for the viciousness in public opinion of the perp.

Please explain how I'm wrong here?

Well let's see, a huge post count = relevance? No, some of us haven't been here long.

Did you bother to check any of said posts as to whom I do favor? No

Do you give out personal information on the internet? If you do you're even dumber than I thought. I sure don't. That would be the only way to "fact-check" to see if someone was in a certain place at a certain time. I met the guy in DC, I instantly disliked him. One person I can tell you is never going to be match for me, or just about anyone else in a battle of wits is John Kasich. Have you ever looked at Kasich's history....you might want to.

You're wrong in that you assumed something apparently because of your bias against Donald Trump. You've got a problem there, you might want to seek some help.

Forum List

Back