🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Churches Denounce Israel Violence Aganst Christians

A 10-year-old story vomited-up by a Muslim yellow-journalism rag?

Yeah... let's get the Christians and the Jews to start fighting...

Divide and conquer...

Not...

Q: How do you spell clumsy?

A: M-u-s-l-i-m P-r-o-p-a-g-a-n-d-i-s-t-s

They're not too bright, and they're funny as hell, but they're embarrassingly clumsy.

"Subtle" seems a bit beyond them... :lol:

I love it how truth brings out the hate in hate filled lyiny posters like you, it brings all that hate up into the light! The story occurred Easter 2013 and has been reported so far by three different sources.

Another report, this is the fourth report confirming the attacks. "The Palestinian Foreign Ministry issued a statement strongly denouncing the Israeli military and police attacks against Palestinian Christians, diplomats, priests and visitors, celebrating the eastern Holy Fire Saturday, before Easter this past Saturday.The Ministry said that Israeli soldiers and policemen verbally and physically attacked dozens of worshipers and families, and prevented them from participating in the holy procession.It said that Easter is a holy feast, also a national feast in Palestine, as the Palestinian Authority officially recognizes it, the same way it recognizes Christmas as a religious and a national feast.The Ministry added that the Palestinians and every person around the world have the right to celebrate and pray, and added that Israel is depriving the Palestinians, Muslims and Christians, from their basic right to the Freedom of Worship, staring by their right to reach their holy sites.It said that Israeli is ongoing with its illegitimate activities that are trying to change the demography of occupied Jerusalem, “by turning it into a sole Jewish city while depriving the native Muslims and Christians from their basic rights.”Furthermore, the Ministry said that the Israeli violations against Christian and Islamic Holy Sites are also accompanied by its ongoing violations against the residents, including home demolitions, home takeovers, revoking ID cards of Jerusalemite Palestinians, in addition to ongoing attacks carried out by extremist Israeli settlers against the Palestinians, their property and lands, and both Islamic and Christian holy sites.These attacks including defacing mosques and churches, and even escalated to setting some Churches and mosque on fire, by igniting fire in them or hurling Molotov Cocktails at them. The attacks also included racist graffiti describing both Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammad as pigs." http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/...n-worshipers-marking-eastern-orthodox-easter/

Last edited:
There really isn't enough info in the news story to make any conclusions or justify a charge of "violence" - seriously, a bit lean on details.

Reading the fourth article about violence against Christians, I ran across this story on Orthodox Christian website. "The Orthodox Churches in Syria celebrated Easter on Sunday – but the Chaldean Bishop Antoine Audo of Aleppo said: ” while they sang ‘Christ is risen’, and while repeating those words of joy and victory – all their prayers mingled with their tears. ”Not only is the Christian community suffering grave shortages of food and medical supplies, and violence of the civil war, but they are also desperately concerned about the safely of their priests and bishops who have been kidnapped. Two priests were kidnapped three months now, and two weeks have passed since another priest was shot and killed when Mar Gregorios Yohannna Ibrahim and Boulos al-Yazigi, the Syrian Orthodox and Greek Orthodox bishops of Aleppo were abducted.Mr Audo said: “Everyone is talking about them. Everyone is wondering what will become of the bishops and priests. The time that goes by is not a good sign.”The daily struggle for survival, the consequences of the Israeli air raids and the threat epidemic developing is making life very difficult, he said" http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2013/05/syria-orthodox-christians-celebrate-easter-in-tears/

Here is the 5th article addressing violence Israel used against Christisns over Easter by a Christian Priest who was there and personally witnessed Iit. Doesnt get better then eyewitness reports. "OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Father Atallah Hanna, Archbishop of the Palestinian Orthodox Church in occupied Jerusalem, strongly denounced the Israeli arbitrary measures that were taken last Saturday against the Christian worshipers as they were commemorating the Easter day and the Holy Saturday in the old city.In a press release on Monday, Father Hanna said that physically assaulting the clergy and the faithful and preventing them from marching to the Church of the Resurrection were aimed to thwart the Orthodox holidays in Jerusalem.He added that such Israeli actions target the Christian presence in the holy city and are part of the Jewish campaign against the Christian and Islamic religious events.“We have repeatedly condemned the Zionist measures against our holy places and holidays but to no avail, and the same incidents happen every year as if we are asked to stay silent and defenseless as we are beaten, humiliated and insulted,” the Archbishop emphasized.He said that Israel turned Jerusalem into a military base during the Easter holiday and made it hard for the Christians to visit the Church of the Resurrection, criticizing the human rights groups for their silence on Israel’s violations against the Christians and their religious holidays.“ http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress....ions-during-easter-and-holy-saturday-holiday/

Last edited:
Israeli Police brutally attack old coptic christian priest on a jerusalem street on Easter. Posted 5/7 and the attack occurred during Orthodox Easter weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a joke is sherri-----LONG LONG ago---more than 40 years ago--
I learned that Haitians---living in the USA would not dare to
utter a negative word about ----Jean Claude Duvalier----not
even privately----not at 2 am ---during a coffee break----with
no one else around PAPA DOC had a network----if a haitian
was ratted out as "he said....." --there would be haitians related
to that guy dead in the gutter. It's not all that unique----
syrians were under the same threat from PAPA ASSAD---and
then from ASSAD ----I have relatives born in islamic lands----
as long as there were jews still there----they would not utter
a negative word about those lands -----Thanks anyway, sherri

to quote a christian CLERGYMAN----a man charged with
protecting christians-----making negative remarks about
JOOOOOS is actually funny. Even popes kissed the
ass of adolf abu ali----- I know why. It took a coptic
christian quite awhile-----to gain enough trust in me to
tell me that the Egyptian government had assassinated
the "patriarch" of the egyptian coptic church-----

anyone interested in knowing what goes on in islamic lands
to minorities ------if the minorities still have a presence
there----do not depend on public statements. Keep in mind--
in shariah law----a negative remark by a dhimmi--about
an islamic government or islam or even a muslim is a
CAPTIAL CRIME------such "crimes" are used as libels
to justify pogroms

Divide and conquer...

Not...

They're not too bright, and they're funny as hell, but they're embarrassingly clumsy.

I love it how truth brings out the hate in hate filled lyiny posters like you, it brings all that hate up into the light! The story occurred Easter 2013 and has been reported so far by three different sources.
How nice of you to join in, Frau Sherri. Now tell us what you friends are doing to those who are non Muslims and even Muslims of different sects, and this seems to have happened since the inception of Islam. Wasn't that great about the Pope to make saints out of those who refused to convert to Islam? Imagine how many innocent people were killed when the Muslims left the Saudi Peninsula and started invading countries, forcing people to convert, and killing so many who refused.

Pope Francis canonizes first saints of his reign

Divide and conquer...

Not...

Wow... "hate filled lying posters like you"?

I'm honored.

I must be doing something right, to be so viciously assaulted by one of the board's better-established Muslim defenders and apologists and self-appointed amateur propagandists.

I saw no date-reference on the original article but I could simply have missed it.

I subsequently saw references here to this actually being a ten-year-old episode.

So I took my cue from them, in calling it a 10-year-old incident.

If I was incorrect in my (shared) perception that it was a 10-year-old article, then I have zero difficulty with the idea of acknowledging that.

The commentary pertaining to clumsy Muslim propagandists trying to drive a wedge between Christians and Jews, however, stands...

Nothing hate-filled nor lying about that...

Merely free expression of personal opinion with some considerable body of evidence of varying degrees of quality that would lead a reasonable person to reach such a conclusion...

Oh, and, for the record, and for the future... feel free to consider me a Philosophical Adversary and to treat me like an Enemy at your discretion...

I won't fire the first shot, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth, but I suspect I'll grow tired of it at some point before too long, and begin returning fire, so...

That's one... :razz:

Last edited:
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM: the heads of Jerusalem's Orthodox churches on Sunday spoke out against the "brutal treatment" meted out by Israeli police to both priests and pilgrims during an ancient Easter ritual in the Old City.

The incident occurred during the centuries-old sacred Holy Fire rite which takes place the day before Easter in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, with police allegedly hitting a priest and several Egyptian diplomats.

It sparked a diplomatic incident with Cairo which promptly summoned the Israeli ambassador to protest, with Israel's deputy foreign minister confirming he had apologised.

"We, the Heads of Churches in Jerusalem, watched with sorrowful hearts the horrific scenes of the brutal treatment of our clergy, people, and pilgrims in the Old City of Jerusalem during Holy Saturday," said a statement from the Orthodox patriarchs and church leaders.

"A day of joy and celebration was turned to great sorrow and pain for some of our faithful because they were ill-treated by some Israeli policemen who were present around the gates of the Old City and passages that lead to the Holy Sepulchre."

Footage posted on the Internet showed police manhandling a Coptic priest, with one officer locking the priest's head in his arm. Police said they had opened an investigation.

Although the church leaders acknowledged the need for police to keep order among the thousands of pilgrims and visitors who flock to the annual ceremony, they accused police of "indiscriminately and brutally" beating people.

"It is not acceptable that under pretext of security and order, our clergy and people are indiscriminately and brutally beaten, and prevented from entering their churches, monasteries and convents."....

Among the signatories were Greek Orthodox Patriarch Theophilos III and Latin Patriarch Fuad Twal, as well as the leaders of all the other Orthodox churches in Jerusalem

Read more: Jerusalem clerics slam 'brutal' police acts at Easter | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: Breaking News, Lebanon News, Middle East News & World News | THE DAILY STAR)

Jerusalem clerics slam 'brutal' police acts at Easter | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

Another article confirming Israel's violence against Christians in recent Easter celebrations in Occupied Jerusalem.

Last edited:
citation by sherri>>>

"We, the Heads of Churches in Jerusalem, watched
with sorrowful hearts the horrific scenes of the brutal treatment of our clergy, people, and pilgrims in the
Old City of Jerusalem during Holy Saturday," said
a statement from the Orthodox patriarchs and
church leaders.

sherri---do you have the body count that resulted
from this REIGN OF TERROR inflicted on christian
pilgrims by jews in jerusalem during the easter
season. I am in no mood for endless googling--
but a short little glance did reveal an EASTER body
count of christians at the hands of isa-respecters
of the meccaist variety in various countries---
egypt, nigeria <<< the short list

of course the syrian body count is not specific to easter---
this year.

got the jerusalem body count resulting from the
HORRIFIC BRUTALITY IN JERUSALEM?

So, do we know yet, WHY the Israeli police wrestled the Coptic Priest to the ground? Was it an unprovoked attack? Did they know him and not like him and decided to hassle him? Was he a known rabble-rouser who was there to make trouble? Did the police have the wrong guy? Did the priest try to evade a police barricade and they put a stop to it? What was the cause? We need more information before proceeding to judgment. This sort of thing doesn't just materialize out of thin air.

So, do we know yet, WHY the Israeli police wrestled the Coptic Priest to the ground? Was it an unprovoked attack? Did they know him and not like him and decided to hassle him? Was he a known rabble-rouser who was there to make trouble? Did the police have the wrong guy? Did the priest try to evade a police barricade and they put a stop to it? What was the cause? We need more information before proceeding to judgment. This sort of thing doesn't just materialize out of thin air.

Ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses against Palestinians has a 65 year history in Occupied Palestine.

Ya okay Sherri, whatever you say.

Hamas Islamists and Palestinians are nice to Christians, and its the Jews and Israelis we should be concerned with.

And if you believe that I have used car to sell you.

Ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses against Palestinians has a 65 year history in Occupied Palestine.

The jews of Israel/judea have been called 'palestinians' from
approximately 1900 years ago till 1948 (ie 65 years ago--thus for
approximately 1835 years) During that period of time (the 1835
years that all "palestinians" were jews ) isa respecting scum
were comitting genocidal atrocities against jews both in
"palestine" and in lands wherein both jews and isa-respecting
excrement lived. The filth was initiated by the ruler of
the FIRST REICH----constantine ----in a program that sputtered
along ---in an on and off again manner in the first, second
and third reich-------and then dwindled to almost nothing
----but it never ended once
it was adopted by the isa respecters of mecca about 1400
years ago Those isa- respecters expanded on it
enthusiastically incorporating it as a DIVINE REVELATION
in their creed as had the ever dwindling minority of the spawn
of constantine who founded the idea---1700 years ago
The meccan isa-respecters included an ever growing list
of victims of their filth----including some of their own---
seen as dissident "sects"----to the point that the numbers
they murdered ran into the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS --and
counting. They find eager allies among the very few
remaining isa-respecters who are not meccaists---but
are the spawn of constantine----that spawn which like
the meccaists----dance on the dead bodies of HUNDREDS
of millions and who brought their filth even to the americas.
HERNAN CORTEZ was a man of isa-respecting filth----as
was whore ISABELLA of spain and whore MAGDA of
the cyanide

Non sequitur.

The question was 'what triggered the episode'?

A recital of unconnected allegations does nothing to answer the question.

Non sequitur.

HATE, it has resulted in human rights abuses in Palestine for 65 years now. Why do we hate? That is a deep question. But what we do not is justify human rights abuses by defending the hate that motivates it.

Last edited:
Non sequitur.

HATE, it has resulted in human rights abuses in Palestine for 65 years now. Why do we hate? That is a deep question. But what we do not is justify human rights abuses by defending the hate that motivates it.

what "HATE" and what "HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES" ? sherri?
The video you cited certainly did not reveal any human right abuse.
I saw what appeared to be an eastern orthodox priest---resisting
the directive of a cop-----and the cop very gently trying to get him
to follow directions. Lots of other people standing around doing
nothing. I heard a few words ---which loosely translate to
"move here..." not even a single expletive
------what evidence do you have that anyone's human
rights were being "abused"? Have you ever witnessed a person
resisting a cop in the USA? did you find the body count that
resulted from the brutalization of christians during the easter
season in Jerusalem ? Did you start counting the easter deaths
in Nigeria and egypt yet?

Why don't you tell us how many hundreds of years it has been since your fellow Christians have been murdered in Muslim countries, or don't you consider these human rights abuses? I guess you don't since you seem not to be able to spare a few minutes of your time each week on a different forum condemning what is happening to your fellow Christians. It is much more important for you to bash Israel all over the Internet day and night than to talk about what is happening to Christians in many different locales. Thank goodness there are Christian organizations which are keeping an eye out for what is happening to their brethren and then reporting on it..

http://blogs.cfr.org/campbell/2013/05/09/religious-roots-of-boko-haram/

Why don't you tell us how many hundreds of years it has been since your fellow Christians have been murdered in Muslim countries, or don't you consider these human rights abuses? I guess you don't since you seem not to be able to spare a few minutes of your time each week on a different forum condemning what is happening to your fellow Christians. It is much more important for you to bash Israel all over the Internet
day and night than to talk about what is happening to Christians in many different locales. Thank goodness there are Christian organizations which are keeping an eye out for what is happening to their brethren and then reporting on it..

http://blogs.cfr.org/campbell/2013/05/09/religious-roots-of-boko-haram/

sherri is not a typical christian-----she is of the ISA-WORSHIPPERS----

Isa worshippers recognize each other as the world's
SOLE ARBITERS OF "TRUTH" they also recognize
who are the enemies of their truth. and are so effective
and brave and righteous that they have murdered the
ENEMEEEES of their truth thruout the world -----in the
HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS and counting. It is most important
to ISA-WORSHIPPERS that they annhilate those they
consider those who MOST DISPUTE THEIR TRUTH-----
generally -----peoples who have been literate for
thousands of years as opposed to themselves ----