Cigarette Tax’s Unintended Consequences That EVERYBODY Saw Coming – Except Libs

Holy shit.... 99th post on a thread about cigarette's being bad? Are there really that many people still defending the cigarette industry in 2015?
Who cares, just living is bad for you. Progressives are just a bunch a control freaks that have no shame...
Wow and the 100th post is the dumbest of them all
All of this stuff is none of the governments business, they just fail at everything they get involved in...

The reason that cigarette taxes are so high is that it discourages smoking, especially among children making minimum wage at McDonalds. It has nothing to do with raising government revenue. And, it works. few kids take up smoking today, whereas when I was a kid, 48% of people 16 and over smoked. As a retired health insurance professional, I guarantee you that the taxes are saving tens of thousands, and probably hundreds of thousands of people from premature death. It is also keeping medical costs down. A lung transplant costs over half a million dollars.

Holy shit.... 99th post on a thread about cigarette's being bad? Are there really that many people still defending the cigarette industry in 2015?
Who cares, just living is bad for you. Progressives are just a bunch a control freaks that have no shame...
All of this stuff is none of the governments business, they just fail at everything they get involved in...
Oh so they should legalize it and gtfo? Great idea :thup:

Libertarians, proudly marching backwards for over 100 years....

What country does not have the time or money for all this type of thing, they neither have ethics, morals and credibility.

The reason that cigarette taxes are so high is that it discourages smoking, especially among children making minimum wage at McDonalds. It has nothing to do with raising government revenue. And, it works. few kids take up smoking today, whereas when I was a kid, 48% of people 16 and over smoked. As a retired health insurance professional, I guarantee you that the taxes are saving tens of thousands, and probably hundreds of thousands of people from premature death. It is also keeping medical costs down. A lung transplant costs over half a million dollars.

So you think it's okay that government controls people via taxation? Think our founders would approve of this if they were still alive today?

What if conservatives gained a super major leadership in this country and decided to tax abortions? After all, abortions are the act of killing people. Let's tax abortions at $500.00 a pop. If it worked like cigarettes, we could greatly reduce the number of abortions we have every year.

What country does not have the time or money for all this type of thing, they neither have ethics, morals and credibility.
Or grammar apparently.

Libertarians, proudly marching backwards for over 100 years....
Well, this country has turned to shit and piss and we want to try the same failed shit over and over again.
What do they call that??

The country does not have the time or money for all this type of thing, they neither have ethics, morals and credibility.
Or grammar apparently.

Grammar and spelling police = control freak

The country does not have the time or money for all this type of thing, they neither have ethics, morals and credibility.
Or grammar apparently.

Go smoke a cigarette. It'll help you calm down.

Or grammar apparently.

I don't smoke, drink hell I don't even drink coffee, but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone else what to do when it comes to personal liberties.

Smoking is BAD! Go have a drink or three and find more taxes and bans for it while you get another bottle then climb behind the wheel of your car to get another case.

Federal government needs to burn, then rebuild so can be something useful.

Or grammar apparently.

I don't smoke, drink hell I don't even drink coffee, but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone else what to do when it comes to personal liberties.
Your buddies can grow their own tobacco and circumvent everything. Tell those addict cancer-mongers to get off their lazy asses and get to it.

Or grammar apparently.

Your buddies can grow their own tobacco and circumvent everything. Tell those addict cancer-mongers to get off their lazy asses and get to it.
Buy more guns and ammo... Cures what ails ya

Forum List

Back