Cincinatti Gets Screwed in CFP

I think Georgia will lose BIG vs Cincinnati.
I think Cinci will get a taste of what it's like playing against SEC bodies and speed.
Possibly but Georgia got CRUSHED by Florida and Alabama and I just don't think they are that great of a team and I like UGA, living in Georgia all my life they are my 2nd favorite team and I root for them.

I think Cinci will get a taste of what it's like playing against SEC bodies and speed.
Possibly but Georgia got CRUSHED by Florida and Alabama and I just don't think they are that great of a team and I like UGA, living in Georgia all my life they are my 2nd favorite team and I root for them.

I don't think Cincinnati could beat Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or Notre Dame.

What sucks is I think A&M could beat Ohio State and Notre Dame...of course only to get ass raped by Alabama or Clemson, so....
:dunno:

Alabama and Clemson no way, Ohio St I dunno, Notre Dame absolutely. I believe Cincinnati is a faster team and ND is just SLOW from what I saw against Clemson, it was embarrassing.

They didn't get blown out (like ND), either. And what is the justification for putting in a six game winner (Ohio State) while ignoring a 10-0 team?

I prefer playing your way into the CFP instead of getting voted in. The pressure for an 8 team playoff keeps growing.

Ohio state had a much tougher schedule (10th) than Cincinnati (65th) they beat then 8th ranked Indiana (who made a furious rally in the last quarter to make it seem close) who was undefeated at the time. Beat 14th ranked Northwestern yesterday.

They barely beat Tulsa at home yesterday, their only impressive win was back in October against then impressive SMU who was 5-0 at the time.

You need to take a good look at the link I gave you, it makes clear Cincinnati is a good team, but doesn't belong in the elite class at all.
Some of these SOS computer rankings are garbage. The Sun Belt was 3-0 vs. the Big 12 this year. How is Louisiana, who beat ISU @ISU by double digits and 9-1 ranked below them. The committee probably got the 4 best teams in but Cincy should have been #5. Who knows how good OSU is they played 6 games and the Big Ten was a disaster this year and OSU beat 2 teams with a winning record, and not convincingly.

The elite class are the best of the best in a season, Cincinnati isn't an élite team yet, but they have been getting better in recent years, maybe when they increase their schedule difficulty they will be taken more seriously when they still win, become an élite team.
I think the CFP is covering its ass, first by avoiding a ND-Clemson rematch and second by making sure that they wouldn't be embarrassed by the possibility of Cincinnati beating A&M (not a criticism of A&M).
I wouldn't mind if we (Aggies) played Cincinnati. I think we would pound the ball right down their fucking throats and they wouldn't be able to stop it all day long.

It's obvious that the committee was not too impressed with A&M so I guess we will try again next year I guess.

I would love to see that matchup. But I think the bowl game of Oklahoma v. Texas A&M will be a better game.

Georgia will handle Cincinnati.
I think the bold will be a good game. The top part of the SEC is better than other conferences though.

They didn't get blown out (like ND), either. And what is the justification for putting in a six game winner (Ohio State) while ignoring a 10-0 team?

I prefer playing your way into the CFP instead of getting voted in. The pressure for an 8 team playoff keeps growing.
A school who wants to be considered top tier must play top tiered schools.
This is pretty much straight forward.

My long shot hope would be that Ohio State beats Clemson. With Dabo disrespecting them, that is still a long shot. But that would means Alabama would win the National Championship by beating Notre Dame and then Ohio State.

My long shot hope would be that Ohio State beats Clemson. With Dabo disrespecting them, that is still a long shot. But that would means Alabama would win the National Championship by beating Notre Dame and then Ohio State.
OSU does not look the same this year as last. Statistically they had the best year in their history, scoring offense and defense, last year when then lost to Clemson in the playoff. Anticipating a Clemson W. Overall the Big Ten looked like garbage this year, maybe the late start covid stuff.

OSU does not look the same this year as last. Statistically they had the best year in their history, scoring offense and defense, last year when then lost to Clemson in the playoff. Anticipating a Clemson W. Overall the Big Ten looked like garbage this year, maybe the late start covid stuff.

Yeah, I think the final game will be Bama vs Clemson. And Clemson always scares me. They have the talent and Venables is one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

Yeah, I think the final game will be Bama vs Clemson. And Clemson always scares me. They have the talent and Venables is one of the best defensive coaches in the game.
Yep, if you are a Bama fan you don't want to see Clemson. BTW I think any trio of Georgia/Florida/A&M would have won the Big Ten, PAC 12, and Big 12 this year. And Cincy or BYU the same for winning the PAC 12 or Big 12.

I feel ya on that lol. Im hoping ND whipes yalls azzz

It will be a good game. But Bama will be ready for them.

I dont figure they will. I would just rather play them lol

I dont figure they will. I would just rather play them lol

I bet!

Today we find out whether Cincie got screwed or spared the humiliation on a bigger stage.

Ohio state had a much tougher schedule (10th) than Cincinnati (65th) they beat then 8th ranked Indiana (who made a furious rally in the last quarter to make it seem close) who was undefeated at the time. Beat 14th ranked Northwestern yesterday.

They barely beat Tulsa at home yesterday, their only impressive win was back in October against then impressive SMU who was 5-0 at the time.

You need to take a good look at the link I gave you, it makes clear Cincinnati is a good team, but doesn't belong in the elite class at all.
Some of these SOS computer rankings are garbage. The Sun Belt was 3-0 vs. the Big 12 this year. How is Louisiana, who beat ISU @ISU by double digits and 9-1 ranked below them. The committee probably got the 4 best teams in but Cincy should have been #5. Who knows how good OSU is they played 6 games and the Big Ten was a disaster this year and OSU beat 2 teams with a winning record, and not convincingly.
I guess we will see. Crazy freaking year who the heck knows what happens. After the crazy I have seen this year I have been keeping my money in my pocket. I have gambled less this year than any year in my life. The Buckeyes offense is good if we are not missing a bunch of players out due to covid protocols. Defense has very little experience. They will give up points. Clemson is the team to beat. The four toughest teams are in the playoffs.

Forum List

Back