Citizen Review Board in action.

"
Police departments nationwide are having a difficult time finding recruits to join their forces due to low morale among officers following a year of racial justice demonstrations against law enforcement, Axios reported on Wednesday.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police warns that the nationwide problem in attracting new recruits to departments across the U.S. adds strain to existing forces and could boost costs due to both overtime and employee burnout.

The trend is particularly worrisome for some activists, who say there could be another summer of unrest in many cities over the issue of police brutality."

If they're afraid of being held accountable, they're bad cops.

If they're afraid of being held accountable, they're bad cops.
What an absolutely stupid statement....I expect better from you Jaraxle for as long as we've known each other...

I don't believe accountability is the problem here, it's this push that we have to drive police out of our lives, demonize them for doing their jobs, then when WE need them we expect that they jump through their asses to get to us...

Crime is up all over the nation, and now it is documented that recruiting is in a crisis, and idiots keep pushing....So, I can only surmise that the end goal is to so damage the profession that we revert to the wild west....But then, the only people you guys want to have guns are the criminals...Yeah, that seems rational....

So, you want citizens, who are basically ignorant of the law, to judge police actions, but think it’s ok to tell your 5 year old granddaughter what an erection is.

They can be given the department regulations and then determine if they were followed. It is not hard. The US Military has civilian oversight, why not the police?

I do not have any grand children, but nobody should be talking about an erection to a 5 year old

What an absolutely stupid statement....I expect better from you Jaraxle for as long as we've known each other...

I don't believe accountability is the problem here, it's this push that we have to drive police out of our lives, demonize them for doing their jobs, then when WE need them we expect that they jump through their asses to get to us...

Crime is up all over the nation, and now it is documented that recruiting is in a crisis, and idiots keep pushing....So, I can only surmise that the end goal is to so damage the profession that we revert to the wild west....But then, the only people you guys want to have guns are the criminals...Yeah, that seems rational....

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

"
Police departments nationwide are having a difficult time finding recruits to join their forces due to low morale among officers following a year of racial justice demonstrations against law enforcement, Axios reported on Wednesday.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police warns that the nationwide problem in attracting new recruits to departments across the U.S. adds strain to existing forces and could boost costs due to both overtime and employee burnout.

The trend is particularly worrisome for some activists, who say there could be another summer of unrest in many cities over the issue of police brutality."

If being held accountable makes you to not want to be a police officer, all the better, you shouldn't be one.

Aw bullshit....As long as she complied with the lawful direction of the officers at the time, nothing would happen to her...She is just another POS, woke, leftist looking to cash in with a law suit....
This is a lie.

Detainees have complied and were yet injured or killed by law enforcement.

That conservatives defend the criminality of sworn officers comes as no surprise.

They can be given the department regulations and then determine if they were followed. It is not hard. The US Military has civilian oversight, why not the police?

What? I'll bet you that if you asked the Mod's in here about the discussions they are in when someone has violated the rules, they'd tell of some doozies in disagreement, and those are rules that really don't effect anyone's life in reality...But you want a group of local citizenry to have say over police actions?

Sorry, I think that is stupid and just a continuation of the erosion of morale...

I do not have any grand children, but nobody should be talking about an erection to a 5 year old

How about a 10 year old?

What? I'll bet you that if you asked the Mod's in here about the discussions they are in when someone has violated the rules, they'd tell of some doozies in disagreement, and those are rules that really don't effect anyone's life in reality...But you want a group of local citizenry to have say over police actions?

Sorry, I think that is stupid and just a continuation of the erosion of morale...

Yes, I want local citizenry to have say over police actions, since they are supposed to be the servants of those citizens. The police work for the local citizenry, not the other way around.

They should invite such oversight as it removes the impression that the police covered things up to protect their own, which is something they have been caught doing in the past.

You seem very concerned with the attacks on the police and their morale, but you could not give a flying fuck about the attacks on teachers and our education system and their morale.

Why is that?

How about a 10 year old?

Nobody outside of a parent.

Are you for the current war on police Gator?
Another lie.

There is no ‘war’ on police – the notion is a dishonest rightwing contrivance.

To hold sworn officers accountable for their criminal acts is not a ‘war’ on police.

To hold sworn officers accountable for their racism, stupidity, or reckless, irresponsible acts that result in the injury or death of citizens is not a ‘war’ on police.

And to subject the actions of sworn officers to citizen review is not a ‘war’ on police.

Yes, I want local citizenry to have say over police actions, since they are supposed to be the servants of those citizens. The police work for the local citizenry, not the other way around.

They should invite such oversight as it removes the impression that the police covered things up to protect their own, which is something they have been caught doing in the past.

You seem very concerned with the attacks on the police and their morale, but you could not give a flying fuck about the attacks on teachers and our education system and their morale.

Why is that?

Nobody outside of a parent.
I think teachers who choose to indoctrinate rather than focus on what they should be teaching are a cancer to the profession.

As far as police oversight, what you’re saying sounds rational, in any other time. Right now, the culture is toxic. And you seem to want enough control so as to render them ineffective to do the job.

Another lie.

There is no ‘war’ on police – the notion is a dishonest rightwing contrivance.

To hold sworn officers accountable for their criminal acts is not a ‘war’ on police.

To hold sworn officers accountable for their racism, stupidity, or reckless, irresponsible acts that result in the injury or death of citizens is not a ‘war’ on police.

And to subject the actions of sworn officers to citizen review is not a ‘war’ on police.
“What do we want?” “Dead Cops!”

”When do we want them?” “Now!”

I think teachers who choose to indoctrinate rather than focus on what they should be teaching are a cancer to the profession.

And I think that police that choose to break the law are a cancer to the profession.

And I think that police that choose to break the law are a cancer to the profession.
Ok, So, when you say "choose" to break the law, are we talking about the cop who defends himself against an attacker trying to take his gun, and shoots him?

Or

Are we talking about a cop on the take from some organized crime thug?

I think you need to define what is breaking the law for an officer in the course of his duties..

Ok, So, when you say "choose" to break the law, are we talking about the cop who defends himself against an attacker trying to take his gun, and shoots him?

Or

I think you need to define what is breaking the law for an officer in the course of his duties..

The latter.

Also the cop that puts his knee on the neck of a man in handcuffs till the man is dead.

Or

sadly this is now true

demafascist have made martyrs out of folks that have done the first thing and used that as justification to go to war on police, riot, loot, assault etc the general public

Forum List

Back