Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

A Dept. of Children and Families spokesperson told Fox News they could not confirm or deny an investigation or raid had taken place due to government regulations.

“The department has a child abuse hotline for the state of New Jersey and anybody can make a call to that hotline,” spokesperson Kristen Brown said. “We are required to follow up on every single allegation that comes into the central registry.”

The story was first reported by The Blaze.
Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

follow the trail................................

Did this photograph spark a police action that tried to enter a New Jersey home without a warrant? That’s the story being told on a website dedicated to “Open Carry” in the state of Delaware. The title of the story, “The fight has officially been brought to my front door.” Delaware Open Carry ? Delaware Open Carry
Dad: This Picture of My Son Holding a Gun Triggered a Visit from NJ Police, Family Services | TheBlaze.com

Technically no home was raided. The man stood his ground and had legal people on phone. No rights were violated, but looks like authorities tried to pressure a man to be reasonable. He chose to challenge the authorities. Why? Because he sounds like a paranoid freak

The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

Delaware Open Carry ? Delaware Open Carry
People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.
And most people would have opened their safes and been okay if they had nothing to hide in their gun safe.

Police were overreacting. But in this day and age? Better safe than sorry

A Dept. of Children and Families spokesperson told Fox News they could not confirm or deny an investigation or raid had taken place due to government regulations.

“The department has a child abuse hotline for the state of New Jersey and anybody can make a call to that hotline,” spokesperson Kristen Brown said. “We are required to follow up on every single allegation that comes into the central registry.”

The story was first reported by The Blaze.
Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

follow the trail................................

Did this photograph spark a police action that tried to enter a New Jersey home without a warrant? That’s the story being told on a website dedicated to “Open Carry” in the state of Delaware. The title of the story, “The fight has officially been brought to my front door.” Delaware Open Carry ? Delaware Open Carry
Dad: This Picture of My Son Holding a Gun Triggered a Visit from NJ Police, Family Services | TheBlaze.com

Technically no home was raided. The man stood his ground and had legal people on phone. No rights were violated, but looks like authorities tried to pressure a man to be reasonable. He chose to challenge the authorities. Why? Because he sounds like a paranoid freak

The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

Delaware Open Carry ? Delaware Open Carry
People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.
And most people would have opened their safes and been okay if they had nothing to hide in their gun safe.

Police were overreacting. But in this day and age? Better safe than sorry

not only the police

but the social services

of which they would not give their names out

to the family

the next time they will come with masks on

Forum List

Back