Civil Rights Act 1964: Repeal?

Economic freedom as every bit as important as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of conscience, as long it enhances those freedoms and not restricts them.

The economy in the public sector will always be subordinate to the citizens through their legislatures.

What a bunch of gibberish that meant absolutely nothing LOL

Do you agree with the above poster that the FEDERAL government has the authority to regulate local commerce?

Pay attention. The federal government has the DUTY to make sure all its citizens are treated equally. Sheesh, you can be such a dumb ass! Nighty night, son, congratulate yourself for getting me into your name-calling jive. At least you have a win of sorts. Quit while you're ahead.

The Feds have that duty? I saw this woman turn me down for a date and then saw her accept a date with another man. She didn't treat me equally. Time to get the Feds on her ass, right?

Was she a working girl? Then you might have a case. This thread has been about the Civil Rights Act insuring that businesses treat everyone fairly.

Economic freedom as every bit as important as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of conscience, as long it enhances those freedoms and not restricts them.

The economy in the public sector will always be subordinate to the citizens through their legislatures.

Do you agree with the above poster that the FEDERAL government has the authority to regulate local commerce?

Pay attention. The federal government has the DUTY to make sure all its citizens are treated equally. Sheesh, you can be such a dumb ass! Nighty night, son, congratulaa te yourself for getting me into your name-calling jive. At least you have a win of sorts. Quit while you're ahead.

You didn't answer the question son. Does the federal government have the authority to regulate a local economy in your opinion?

By the way, the Army isn't really in the habit of promoting dumb asses to the rank of Lt Colonel so your lame attempts to insult my intelligence aren't going to hit a mark with me. I just consider the source and move on.

Pay attention. The federal government has the DUTY to make sure all its citizens are treated equally. Sheesh, you can be such a dumb ass! Nighty night, son, congratulate yourself for getting me into your name-calling jive. At least you have a win of sorts. Quit while you're ahead.

Where did you come up with that shit??

Simple, they are illiterate and don't understand that the COTUS does not guarantee that people will treat people equally. Only that the GOVERNMENT will treat people equally.

Long story short, they are illiterate.

That's what the Civil Rights Act is all about, right, treating everyone fairly? I really don't see what you're having so much trouble understanding.

Simple, they are illiterate and don't understand that the COTUS does not guarantee that people will treat people equally. Only that the GOVERNMENT will treat people equally.

One more time, this has been about BUSINESSES treating people fairly. It's rather ironic that you of all people should be talking about illiteracy, given that the point has been been repeated over and over again.

That's what the Civil Rights Act is all about, right, treating everyone fairly? I really don't see what you're having so much trouble understanding.

Well, it's this distinction, that you utterly refuse to recognize, between government and individuals. Our Constitution embraces the idea that everyone should be treated equally under the law; that we all should have the same rights and privileges in matters of law.

How in the FUCK have you idiots confused that with the idea that we should all be required to treat each other equally??? Does that seriously make any fucking sense to you? Do you really think we shouldn't be allowed to decide who we like and who we don't?? I'm sorry, but that point of view is sheer nonsense.

One more time, this has been about BUSINESSES treating people fairly. It's rather ironic that you of all people should be talking about illiteracy, given that the point has been been repeated over and over again.

I own by business, it is an extension of ME.

And we've already established that businesses have rights, correct?

If you were even a little honest you would admit that if businesses have rights, one of those rights via NAACP VS Alabama is the right to free association.

I own by business, it is an extension of ME.

And we've already established that businesses have rights, correct?

If you were even a little honest you would admit that if businesses have rights, one of those rights via NAACP VS Alabama is the right to free association.

Free association is a HUMAN RIGHT.

This isn't a free nation if people can't live with their own kind.

Racist shitbag.
Your response doesn't show him to be wrong. If someone wants to live in an all white neighborhood and is prohibited in doing so because the Feds withhold neutral funding to the town until low cost housing is put into that neighborhood to beef up it's diversity (happened in Westchester County IIRC) then no, that's not a free nation.

This isn't a free nation if people can't live with their own kind.

Racist shitbag.
Your response doesn't show him to be wrong. If someone wants to live in an all white neighborhood and is prohibited in doing so because the Feds withhold neutral funding to the town until low cost housing is put into that neighborhood to beef up it's diversity (happened in Westchester County IIRC) then no, that's not a free nation.

That is wrong, but not what this thread is about.

These dumb shits are trying to claim that the COTUS states that people and businesses must treat people equally.

Forum List

Back