Civil Rights Commission Against Religious Freedom

We told you guys that they would come for the 2nd Amendment first...but the 1st Amendment is next......every part of the first Amendment....religion, speech, political speech....the left does not regard individual liberty as a serious concept......the power of the state must control every aspect of life....and the 1st and 2nd amendment prevent the accumulation of power in the central government....

NOt really. Neither amendment has ever been an absolute.

It's why you can't own that machine gun you've had your eye on

Who says you can't own a machine gun?

The right to own a "machine gun" is (correctly) infringed by licensing, fees/taxation and background checks. Thus Scalia/Heller was and is correct, the 2nd A. is not an absolute prohibition of gun control; infringements exist!

Eh, if people have private property then that private property is subject to the rules set forth by the owner.

Really?
  • Open a fish market
  • Open a bordello
  • Open a slaughter house
  • Grow opium poppies
  • Grow MJ
  • Burn garbage
  • Own 24 cats
  • 10 dogs
  • 1 elephant

My remarks need no explaining to anyone. If a person has doubts, go back and read them. If you have trouble with the Commission, compost, I don't care.
JakeStarkey said, "If what the Commissioner is true (and we have plenty of posters who here do just this with code words), then "discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance" must be combatted.

Compost, sassy, onyx, etc., are walking examples of the truth of this."

Explain the highlighted portions. What code words have been used, and their definition, along with quotes that contain those words from something I, sassy and onyx have said. If you can't provide this, than you are a common slanderer.
Nope, you don't get the call. Anyone can read your code words. Your denial is code that you do use code words.

no problem, as long as you understand, mistakes have consequences.

Actually there is a problem.

Through the established law, mistakes are not allowed. Natural consequences I can get behind.

within reason. actually, I don't think they go far enough.

What level of enforced equality is desirable?

Understanding that the government is founded on inequality needs to be considered in that plan as well.

Grizz and Billly yammer on. Grizz you have learned to be on OP with me, and that's good. Billy, you are right in that every one who wants to buy a gun, whether a 22 or a machine gun, should be required to purchase and keep updated a federal firearms license. Make it mandatory for any and every purchase.

I have never expressed such a ridiculous notion.

"Congress shall make no law" applies to all amendments. It is a restricting document. It does not grant power.

We told you guys that they would come for the 2nd Amendment first...but the 1st Amendment is next......every part of the first Amendment....religion, speech, political speech....the left does not regard individual liberty as a serious concept......the power of the state must control every aspect of life....and the 1st and 2nd amendment prevent the accumulation of power in the central government....

The right to own a "machine gun" is (correctly) infringed by licensing, fees/taxation and background checks. Thus Scalia/Heller was and is correct, the 2nd A. is not an absolute prohibition of gun control; infringements exist!

See #86

Grizz and Billly yammer on. Grizz you have learned to be on OP with me, and that's good. Billy, you are right in that every one who wants to buy a gun, whether a 22 or a machine gun, should be required to purchase and keep updated a federal firearms license. Make it mandatory for any and every purchase.

I have never expressed such a ridiculous notion.

"Congress shall make no law" applies to all amendments. It is a restricting document. It does not grant power.
See, you are entitled to your opinion.

See #86

See two hundred + years of Jurisprudence in America, esp. since Marbury v. Madison (1803) & most recently Heller. Understand the first issue discussed in ConLaw are First A. Issues.

In fact, there is no ‘right’ to own a machine gun at all, as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit determined last June:

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/15/15-10803-CV0.pdf

Eh, if people have private property then that private property is subject to the rules set forth by the owner.

Really?
  • Open a fish market
  • Open a bordello
  • Open a slaughter house
  • Grow opium poppies
  • Grow MJ
  • Burn garbage
  • Own 24 cats
  • 10 dogs
  • 1 elephant
Within reason.
Subject to necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause, such as public accommodations laws.

no problem, as long as you understand, mistakes have consequences.

Actually there is a problem.

Through the established law, mistakes are not allowed. Natural consequences I can get behind.

within reason. actually, I don't think they go far enough.

Understanding that the government is founded on inequality needs to be considered in that plan as well.
There is no such thing as ‘enforced equality,’ the notion is ridiculous, ignorant nonsense.

Establishment Clause jurisprudence concerns solely government, private persons and organizations are at liberty to discriminate based on religion.

Likewise, 14th Amendment jurisprudence applies solely to government, where churches may discriminate against gay Americans if they so desire by denying them membership.

And Commerce Clause jurisprudence concerns regulation of the markets – both local markets and all other interrelated markets, where state and local governments correctly understand that to allow businesses to discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation would be disruptive to the markets.

The Constitution prohibits government from seeking to disadvantage classes of persons predicated solely on who those persons are – while private citizens and organizations are subject to no such prohibition.

The Constitution also authorizes government to enact necessary and proper regulatory policy at the behest of the people, to safeguard commerce, the markets, and the health and well-being of workers and consumers.

My remarks need no explaining to anyone. If a person has doubts, go back and read them. If you have trouble with the Commission, compost, I don't care.
JakeStarkey said, "If what the Commissioner is true (and we have plenty of posters who here do just this with code words), then "discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance" must be combatted.

Explain the highlighted portions. What code words have been used, and their definition, along with quotes that contain those words from something I, sassy and onyx have said. If you can't provide this, than you are a common slanderer.
Nope, you don't get the call. Anyone can read your code words. Your denial is code that you do use code words.

Uh huh. Pretend there are code words. Refuse to identify them. Claim that when others deny the existence of your imaginary code words they are using code words.

Very sophisticated -if you are a seven year old.

"Code Words" :) What a fucking moron.

Now see this is some weird hypocritical crap here. We're all supposed to respect the belief of gay men that another guy's anus "isn't really an artificial vagina". And that a lesbian's dildo "doesn't really mean she has hetero leanings in her closet". And we're supposed to respect that it's OK for "gay marriage" to deprive children of either a mother or father for life.

Yup. We don't hold adults hostage to their children's whims. If we did, we'd outlaw every divorce because "the children".

And, we're supposed to respect their Church of LGBT's belief that girls in high school should be punished fiscally and have their education suffer if they don't agree to undress in their locker rooms with deranged boys.

again, you guys don't really have a better solution, so, um, no.

We all have to respect the Church of LGBT's outrageous and transparently-deranged dogma. So why must they not respect other religions?

Because other religions are based on Bronze Age superstitions.

You know, we used to b urn people for being witches, because the bible said that you shall not suffer a witch to live.

and then we realized, there were no witches....

I've know gay people who've lost their jobs because of homophobes, I've know gay people who've been beaten up because of homophobes.

"Waaah, I had to bake a cake after I offered to bake a cake and I got money for baking the cake and made a hefty profit" is NOT that much of a burden.

See #86

See two hundred + years of Jurisprudence in America, esp. since Marbury v. Madison (1803) & most recently Heller. Understand the first issue discussed in ConLaw are First A. Issues.

Neither case law nor precedent changes the Constitution. Marbury v. Madison was the first mistake that damaged the model set by the Founders.

I've know gay people who've lost their jobs because of homophobes, I've know gay people who've been beaten up because of homophobes.

"Waaah, I had to bake a cake after I offered to bake a cake and I got money for baking the cake and made a hefty profit" is NOT that much of a burden.

I agree. Smart businessmen never turn down cash.

However, they should be free to choose.

I agree. Smart businessmen never turn down cash.

However, they should be free to choose.

I quite agree. If their bigotry is greater than their business sense, they should be free to sell their businesses and find something to do for a living that doesn't offend their Imaginary Friend in the Sky.

Once they open a business, though, they are a public accommodation.

Forum List

Back