Climate Change Deniers Are Lying

I wonder why deniers have to lie about everything all the time?
Climate-Change Deniers Must Stop Distorting the Evidence IPCC Report

Couldn't stop laughing for a full 10 minutes at this..

On the other hand, serial climate disinformer Judith Curry, in a commentary for the same outlet five days later, announced, "Consensus distorts the climate picture."

And that's where I stopped your "link".. Let's see. Who is Judith Curry?

JUDITH A. CURRY School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology
[email protected] Judith Curry s Home Page

GENERAL INFORMATION Education 1982 Ph.D. The University of Chicago, Geophysical Sciences 1974 B.S. cum laude Northern Illinois University, Geography Professional Experience 2002- Professor, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology 2002-2014 Chair, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology 1992-2002 Professor, University of Colorado-Boulder Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Environmental Studies Program 1989-1992 Associate Professor, Department of Meteorology, Penn State 1986-1989 Assistant Professor, Dept of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Purdue University 1982-1986 Assistant Scientist, Dept of Meteorology,

University of Wisconsin-Madison Awards/Honors 2011 Graetzinger Moving School Forward Award, Georgia Tech 2007 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science 2006 Best Faculty Paper Award, Georgia Tech Sigma Xi 2004 Fellow, American Geophysical Union 2002 NASA Group Achievement Award for CAMEX-4 2002 Green Faculty Award, University of Colorado 1997 Elected Councilor, American Meteorological Society 1995 Fellow, American Meteorological Society 1992 Henry G. Houghton Award, the American Meteorological Society 1988 Presidential Young Investigator Award, the National Science Foundation

Recent Professional Activities ---- World Meteorological Organization / International Council of Scientific Unions / International Ocean Commission / World Climate Research Programme • Global Energy and Water Experiment (GEWEX) Radiation Panel (1994-2004) • GEWEX Cloud System Studies (GCSS) Science Steering Group (1998-2004) • Chair, GCSS Working Group on Polar Clouds (1998-2004) • Chair, GEWEX Radiation Panel SEAFLUX Project (1999-2004)

So this whole thread is to smear people like that as LIARS? And post trash that labels folks like Judith Curry "a serial climate disinformer"???

Now you are officially outed as a troll who has ADMITTED having no interest in the science or the details. This entire thread is an exercersize in baiting..

/UNSUBSCRIBE

Did you happen to notice the Title of this thread?

No, we're not kidding. The people screaming "catastrophe!" are almost always deniers. You ought to either justify that constant hysteria, or stop using that tactic.

As a whole, what do you hope to accomplish with the Hansen Derangement Syndrome? We get that it's standard cult policy to rally the faithful against some convenient demon-figure. Is there any other purpose to it?

I would also like to see some major names in mainstream science predicting catastrophe. CAGW was an invention of he fossil fuel disinformation campaign (FFDC).

Alarmists and communists own the disinformation campaign. So you are well versed in it. Projecting your own failures on others is really below the belt.. But you keep your pin up of James Hansen the liar any way...

Main stream climate science deniers like James Hansen and Michale Mann are nothing more than well paid liars.

Are you suggesting (since you don't seem man enough to actually answer the question outright) that Mann and Hansen have predicted catastrophic AGW? Can you provide a link to such predictions?

The question I replied to (from Crick -- not you) was exactly --

I would also like to see some major names in mainstream science predicting catastrophe.

I did just that. If you can't Google "james hansen" boil ocean,
No, you didn't do just that. You gave one name without his predictions nor a link to it.

Then you bloviated on with some politicians or whoever. But I understand why you have difficulty answering the question.

Sorry man... I'm not your Siri... I gave you the Goggle search so you could READ what you want to.. Rather than what I might choose to retrieve..

If you have NO CLUE as to who Dr. James Hansen is -- or his role in the AGW hierarchy, you've got some learning to do BEFORE you shoot off about the deniers that you think are lying..

On the other hand, serial climate disinformer Judith Curry, in a commentary for the same outlet five days later, announced, "Consensus distorts the climate picture."

JUDITH A. CURRY School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology

GENERAL INFORMATION Education 1982 Ph.D. The University of Chicago, Geophysical Sciences 1974 B.S. cum laude Northern Illinois University, Geography Professional Experience 2002- Professor, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology 2002-2014 Chair, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Georgia Institute of Technology 1992-2002 Professor, University of Colorado-Boulder Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Environmental Studies Program 1989-1992 Associate Professor, Department of Meteorology, Penn State 1986-1989 Assistant Professor, Dept of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Purdue University 1982-1986 Assistant Scientist, Dept of Meteorology,

University of Wisconsin-Madison Awards/Honors 2011 Graetzinger Moving School Forward Award, Georgia Tech 2007 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science 2006 Best Faculty Paper Award, Georgia Tech Sigma Xi 2004 Fellow, American Geophysical Union 2002 NASA Group Achievement Award for CAMEX-4 2002 Green Faculty Award, University of Colorado 1997 Elected Councilor, American Meteorological Society 1995 Fellow, American Meteorological Society 1992 Henry G. Houghton Award, the American Meteorological Society 1988 Presidential Young Investigator Award, the National Science Foundation

Recent Professional Activities ---- World Meteorological Organization / International Council of Scientific Unions / International Ocean Commission / World Climate Research Programme • Global Energy and Water Experiment (GEWEX) Radiation Panel (1994-2004) • GEWEX Cloud System Studies (GCSS) Science Steering Group (1998-2004) • Chair, GCSS Working Group on Polar Clouds (1998-2004) • Chair, GEWEX Radiation Panel SEAFLUX Project (1999-2004)

So this whole thread is to smear people like that as LIARS? And post trash that labels folks like Judith Curry "a serial climate disinformer"???

Now you are officially outed as a troll who has ADMITTED having no interest in the science or the details. This entire thread is an exercersize in baiting..

/UNSUBSCRIBE

Yes I did.. It's a baiting and trolling title isn't it? But Liminal managed to find one pajama blogger that would attempt to make that case..

Oooops.. Forgot I unsubscribed... :badgrin:

I would also like to see some major names in mainstream science predicting catastrophe.

No, you didn't do just that. You gave one name without his predictions nor a link to it.

Then you bloviated on with some politicians or whoever. But I understand why you have difficulty answering the question.

n his book Storms of my Grandchildren, noted climate scientist James Hansen issued the following warning: "f we burn all reserves of oil, gas, and coal, there is a substantial chance we will initiate the runaway greenhouse. If we also burn the tar sands and tar shale, I believe the Venus syndrome is a dead certainty.

Will Earth s Ocean Boil Away

That about nails Crick's ignorance of the term Catastrophic Global Warming right? But being the denier that he is.. He will claim next week again that he's completely unaware of any scary exaggerated statements from ANY Climate Scientists. He can't remember shit if it hurts his head to ponder it... He's been shown this same stuff for damn near 6 yrs now. Maybe my new footer will add the Hansen quote above just to remind him..

No, we're not kidding. The people screaming "catastrophe!" are almost always deniers. You ought to either justify that constant hysteria, or stop using that tactic.

As a whole, what do you hope to accomplish with the Hansen Derangement Syndrome? We get that it's standard cult policy to rally the faithful against some convenient demon-figure. Is there any other purpose to it?

I would also like to see some major names in mainstream science predicting catastrophe. CAGW was an invention of he fossil fuel disinformation campaign (FFDC).

Alarmists and communists own the disinformation campaign. So you are well versed in it. Projecting your own failures on others is really below the belt.. But you keep your pin up of James Hansen the liar any way...

Main stream climate science deniers like James Hansen and Michale Mann are nothing more than well paid liars.

Are you suggesting (since you don't seem man enough to actually answer the question outright) that Mann and Hansen have predicted catastrophic AGW? Can you provide a link to such predictions?

And -- he obviously has a hard time reading thru threads... :clap2::clap2::clap2:

In other words, Flac couldn't show any actual such predictions, and is frantically trying some bluster to deflect away from his phony claim.

Flac, there's a way to avoid being humiliated like this in the future. Stop fabricating kook claims.

I also suggest you don't deliberately dig deeper into the dishonest hole by pretending a hypothetical supposition of an impossible situation (that every bit of fossil fuel on earth be burned, a physical and economic impossibility) was a prediction of catastrophe. While that type of attempted deception will certainly pass muster with your fellow cultists, it won't fly with honest people.

So, back to the point. Only the deniers here make endless predictions of catastrophe, and they constantly project their own hysteria on to rational people. That's why nobody listens to anything they say. Their hysteria is just boring.

Sorry man... I'm not your Siri... I gave you the Goggle search so you could READ what you want to.. Rather than what I might choose to retrieve..

If you have NO CLUE as to who Dr. James Hansen is -- or his role in the AGW hierarchy, you've got some learning to do BEFORE you shoot off about the deniers that you think are lying..

His complaint is a reasonable one. But let's have a look. Let's try that Google search.

How about this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/opinion/game-over-for-the-climate.html?_r=0

Is that apocolyptic enough for you? Do you think Hansen's predictions here are so out of line that they invalidate AGW? Do you believe they ARE out of line? What do you think of his statements in this article?

n his book Storms of my Grandchildren, noted climate scientist James Hansen issued the following warning: "f we burn all reserves of oil, gas, and coal, there is a substantial chance we will initiate the runaway greenhouse. If we also burn the tar sands and tar shale, I believe the Venus syndrome is a dead certainty.
So is that what is meant by climate scientists promoting CAGW?

Saying there's a 'substantial chance' a tipping point will be reached when certain difficult conditions are achieved?

Oh well, if that's the definition of CAGW, I'll agree some climate scientists are guilty. So what?

His complaint is a reasonable one. But let's have a look. Let's try that Google search.

How about this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/opin

How about this one:

ion/game-over-for-the-climate.html?_r=0

Is that apocolyptic enough for you? Do you think Hansen's predictions here are so out of line that they invalidate AGW? Do you believe they ARE out of line? What do you think of his statements in this article?

That NYTimes hysteria validates everything I've said about the principle Global Warming scientists "giving cover" for politicians and media to abuse and FURTHER misinterpret the science. Could's and Might's turn into Will's.

And although the hairball Mooth doesn't think that Hansen's comments are harmful --- The NY TIMES IN THAT FUCKING ARTICLE LEAPS to conclusion that if CANADA develops THEIR tar sands. ...

"If Canada proceeds, and we do nothing, it will be game over for the climate."

Their you have it in a nutshell. Schematic for CATASTROPHIC GW hysteria and the ANATOMY of how global warming "authorities" ALLOW themselves to be abused for the cause..

LIES, FEAR, and more LIES --- that's what the movement is built on.. Now Crick -- forget you ever saw Dr Hansen feeding lies to the media and letting them stand uncorrected.. He KNEW when he said those things -- EXACTLY what would happen.

That about nails Crick's ignorance of the term Catastrophic Global Warming right? But being the denier that he is.. He will claim next week again that he's completely unaware of any scary exaggerated statements from ANY Climate Scientists.
But where is the scary exaggerated statement from a climate scientist?

That NYTimes hysteria validates everything I've said about the principle Global Warming scientists "giving cover" for politicians and media to abuse and FURTHER misinterpret the science.
But you have trouble giving climate scientists who are 'catastrophic warmers' and their claims so you revert to media. Well, why lie otherwise?

From crick's link.

Canada’s tar sands, deposits of sand saturated with bitumen, contain twice the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by global oil use in our entire history.

If we were to fully exploit this new oil source, and continue to burn our conventional oil, gas and coal supplies, concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere eventually would reach levels higher than in the Pliocene era, more than 2.5 million years ago, when sea level was at least 50 feet higher than it is now.

That level of heat-trapping gases would assure that the disintegration of the ice sheets would accelerate out of control. Sea levels would rise and destroy coastal cities. Global temperatures would become intolerable. Twenty to 50 percent of the planet’s species would be driven to extinction. Civilization would be at risk.

So is that your definition of a 'catastrophic warmer'? Do you disagree with his comments? Are you saying he's lying?

Last edited:
Wrong moron. I'll bet you think you understand science and believe in it.
Well I did do a bit of work as a lab technician measuring pollution. I believe in evidence, something in very short supply around here.

You probably think 'consensus' is a population survey.

"Consensus" is the way they did science in the dark ages. Now we use things called "logic" and "facts" and "experiments," none of which the AGW cult has on it's side.

/UNSUBSCRIBE

Yes I did.. It's a baiting and trolling title isn't it? But Liminal managed to find one pajama blogger that would attempt to make that case..

Oooops.. Forgot I unsubscribed... :badgrin:
Good thing we can count on people like you to provide a good example for the others.

Will Earth s Ocean Boil Away

That about nails Crick's ignorance of the term Catastrophic Global Warming right? But being the denier that he is.. He will claim next week again that he's completely unaware of any scary exaggerated statements from ANY Climate Scientists. He can't remember shit if it hurts his head to ponder it... He's been shown this same stuff for damn near 6 yrs now. Maybe my new footer will add the Hansen quote above just to remind him..
Rather childish, the way you like to personalize your alleged arguments. People often resort to that when they lack any actual argument.

The fact that these people have to personalize is a good indication that they don't have much confidence in their arguments, which apparently don't stand on their own merits.

The fact that these people have to personalize is a good indication that they don't have much confidence in their arguments, which apparently don't stand on their own merits.

What is it when you call people insulting names like "denier?"

Rather childish, the way you like to personalize your alleged arguments. People often resort to that when they lack any actual argument.

You know what's REALLY childish?

You post a link from some pajama blogger that slimes one of America's most accomplished climate scientists as a "serial climate misinformer". I post her credentials and bio to give you a clue as to what an unlimited ass you really are -- and you REPLY to that post with her bio in it with attacks on me..

You got NOTHING but childish.. We're done.

And you wonder why your treatment of Mann and Hansen makes us less than giddy.

Forum List

Back