Climate Change - on Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup it is called nature
Hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, and volcanoes are natural too but we go to great lengths to make them less deadly. Why would climate change be any different?

Hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, and volcanoes are natural too but we go to great lengths to make them less deadly.

--LOL we do

actually we dont have any control over the weather

to think so is absurd

Yes, but the point I'm making is that the consequences of something natural are the consequences of life on this planet. Life has adapted to the Earth and seems to be able to survive. If it can't, then it can't, that's life.
Cold comfort to the dinosaurs that the comet was natural. Some of us have children that we'd like to see thrive regardless of the cause of global warming.

So you're saying we shouldn't stop trashing our planet and trying to cause it to be uninhabitable because there's a chance we might be hit by a comet in the next 10 billion years?
On the contrary, I'm saying that we could bring man's carbon footprint to zero and the climate will still change. We need to stop trashing the planet. We need to mitigate any climate change effects (levees, sea walls, etc.). We need to be able to control the climate so it stays approximately where it is now. Any change, even a minor one, would be catastrophic.

But again, there's a difference between climate change and MAN MADE climate change.

The biggest problem is we CAN'T control the climate.

Yes, but the point I'm making is that the consequences of something natural are the consequences of life on this planet. Life has adapted to the Earth and seems to be able to survive. If it can't, then it can't, that's life.
Cold comfort to the dinosaurs that the comet was natural. Some of us have children that we'd like to see thrive regardless of the cause of global warming.

So you're saying we shouldn't stop trashing our planet and trying to cause it to be uninhabitable because there's a chance we might be hit by a comet in the next 10 billion years?
On the contrary, I'm saying that we could bring man's carbon footprint to zero and the climate will still change. We need to stop trashing the planet. We need to mitigate any climate change effects (levees, sea walls, etc.). We need to be able to control the climate so it stays approximately where it is now. Any change, even a minor one, would be catastrophic.

But again, there's a difference between climate change and MAN MADE climate change.

Yes we can.
It's called living in a cave.

Yes we can.

Living in a cave doesn't control the climate, sorry. You might be able to control the climate in the cave, but not the climate of the world.

Yes we can.

Living in a cave doesn't control the climate, sorry. You might be able to control the climate in the cave, but not the climate of the world.
Look, retard. Nobody can control the climate.

Fucking idiot!!

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!
Of course we can, in some ways. For instance, we can take fixed carbon out of the ground and add it to the climatic carbon cycle, increasing the greenhouse effect and acidifying the oceans.

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!
Of course we can, in some ways. For instance, we can take fixed carbon out of the ground and add it to the climatic carbon cycle, increasing the greenhouse effect and acidifying the oceans.
Knock yourself out.
Tell me how everything turned out.
Oh and let me know when you get to the point you can snap your fingers and it starts raining on cue.

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!
Knock yourself out.
Tell me how everything turned out.
Oh and let me know when you get to the point you can snap your fingers and it starts raining on cue.
What a very odd request....the example I gave is proven. So your response is to mention something nobody once claimed? What odd behavior.

And what does it say "we might screw things up worse", exactly.
The first large pyramid the Egyptians built collapsed. They learned and later they did better.

Yes, but the climate is so complex we can't even predict what it'll do. Let alone knowing that what action we take will have this consequence. We can send spacecraft to other planets and figure out what's going to happen to their trajectories, we can work out where comets will be in 10,000 years time, and we can't work out where a Hurricane is going to go.

And what does it say "we might screw things up worse", exactly.
The first large pyramid the Egyptians built collapsed. They learned and later they did better.

Yes, but the climate is so complex we can't even predict what it'll do. Let alone knowing that what action we take will have this consequence. We can send spacecraft to other planets and figure out what's going to happen to their trajectories, we can work out where comets will be in 10,000 years time, and we can't work out where a Hurricane is going to go.
"Yes, but the climate is so complex we can't even predict what it'll do. "

Sure we can, to a great extent! Now, if you want a prediction for average temps in one year, you're right, we can't do that. But we surely can predict longer term trends in the climate.

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!

Oh wow, insults.

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!

What MAN puts up yearly into the atmosphere is only 5% of what NATURE puts up there. And nature SINKS about 1/2 of that. And 1/2 of what's charged to MAN is just phony accounting anyways.

The yearly NATURAL VARIATION of carbon cycling is bigger than man's contribution.

So looking for say 2% of the SOURCE side of the carbon cycle is a pretty damn small number compared to our ability to measure the SINK side of the cycle. I'd say this experiment is "poorly documented"..

Yes we can.

Fucking idiot!!

What MAN puts up yearly into the atmosphere is only 5% of what NATURE puts up there. And nature SINKS about 1/2 of that. And 1/2 of what's charged to MAN is just phony accounting anyways.

The yearly NATURAL VARIATION of carbon cycling is bigger than man's contribution.

So looking for say 2% of the SOURCE side of the carbon cycle is a pretty damn small number compared to our ability to measure the SINK side of the cycle. I'd say this experiment is "poorly documented"..
"What MAN puts up yearly into the atmosphere is only 5% of what NATURE puts up there. "

So what? Terrible denier talking point, laughed at by scientists. What matters is what adding carbon to the carbon cycle does to the climate. And nature can't keep up (as in, "re-fix" it) with the speed at which we are adding it, meaning we will create a driver which warms the climate and acidifies the oceans. These are settled facts. Those numbers are only "small" if you don't know what you are talking about, and you certainly do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back