Climate change 'tipping points' imminent

Below are a few of the HUNDREDS of climate change tipping points that have come and gone....all with no disaster and God induced bolt from the blue.

Scientists identify 2047 as global climate change tipping point

2047 has come and gone? Jeez, I've overslept!

This is an excellent article concerning human response to distant threats. It makes no prediction of an imminent tipping point and certainly mentions no dates that have come and gone.

2020 has come and gone? Jeez, I've overslept!

This is a reader's contribution to the Op-Ed page, is well written, and simply discusses the physical process the allows/creates tipping points. It makes no specific predictions about anything.

This is an accurate and informative animated movie showing why we are at risk of crossing a tipping point or points and the only dates mentioned are the narrator suggesting "fifty or sixty years". The film concludes by stressing that "this hasn't happened yet" and "this is not unavoidable".

This is a CS Monitor (good source for almost anything) article about a study indicating that CO2 by ~2020 will have attained levels about which we will be unable to effectively act. They are suggesting working on reducing emissions of GHGs other than CO2 to give us some breathing room. Hardly an attempt to panic the public and nothing false, flawed or faulty in any of the information presented.

This is a repeat of material covered in the animated flick above: the peat bogs of Siberia, covering an area the size of France and Germany combined, are melting. They will release gigatonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere. The event is quite significant. No date is mentioned.

If, as you claim, hundreds of false tipping points, posited by stupid climate scientists, have come and gone without the world ending on a high note, I should think it would have been a great deal easier for you to have found some. Yet, in seven chances, you found not one. That draws me to a different set of conclusions:

We do face a number of potential tipping points

No one is falsely pushing information about such things to put us in a panic

You either do not know what you're talking about or willfully choose to post information you know to be false.

Last edited:
Climate charge can lead to tipping points that may cause extinction.
Chicken_Little.jpg

Below are a few of the HUNDREDS of climate change tipping points that have come and gone....all with no disaster and God induced bolt from the blue.

This is an excellent article concerning human response to distant threats. It makes no prediction of an imminent tipping point and certainly mentions no dates that have come and gone.

This is a reader's contribution to the Op-Ed page, is well written, and simply discusses the physical process the allows/creates tipping points. It makes no specific predictions about anything.

This is an accurate and informative animated movie showing why we are at risk of crossing a tipping point or points and the only dates mentioned are the narrator suggesting "fifty or sixty years". The film concludes by stressing that "this hasn't happened yet" and "this is not unavoidable".

This is a CS Monitor (good source for almost anything) article about a study indicating that CO2 by ~2020 will have attained levels about which we will be unable to effectively act. They are suggesting working on reducing emissions of GHGs other than CO2 to give us some breathing room. Hardly an attempt to panic the public and nothing false, flawed or faulty in any of the information presented.

This is a repeat of material covered in the animated flick above: the peat bogs of Siberia, covering an area the size of France and Germany combined, are melting. They will release gigatonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere. The event is quite significant. No date is mentioned.

If, as you claim, hundreds of false tipping points, posited by stupid climate scientists, have come and gone without the world ending on a high note, I should think it would have been a great deal easier for you to have found some. Yet, in seven chances, you found not one. That draws me to a different set of conclusions:

You either do not know what you're talking about or willfully choose to post information you know to be false.

You sheep have been bleating about tipping points for decades now and we have passed everyone of them with no ill effect noted. As I said, break out the sandwich boards because that's the level to which you've sunk. Only simple minded people like you listen to yourselves any longer.

Climate charge can lead to tipping points that may cause extinction.

No, it can't. The world has been far warmer for over 75% of its existence, and it has been far colder. Simple, verifiable facts prove that concern to be false.

No, scientific fact.

Most of the large animals of north America died out with the ending of the last ice age.

Yes, because man hunted them to extinction. Not because of warmth.

No, scientific fact.

Most of the large animals of north America died out with the ending of the last ice age.

My fault. My car got really crappy gas mileage back then.

Actually there was paper that was circulated and got peer reviewed that blamed the extinction of the saber tooth tiger and the wooly mammoth on (you guessed it) AGW over 10,000 years ago.

You sheep have been bleating about tipping points for decades now and we have passed everyone of them with no ill effect noted. As I said, break out the sandwich boards because that's the level to which you've sunk. Only simple minded people like you listen to yourselves any longer.

So you don't read. You ought to. You wouldn't look so stupid when you re-post several pages that show you to be either ignorant or dishonest and then make some disjointed inapropos repartee that only furthers the argument that you haven't got the brains god give a rubber duck.

No, scientific fact.

Actually there was paper that was circulated and got peer reviewed that blamed the extinction of the saber tooth tiger and the wooly mammoth on (you guessed it) AGW over 10,000 years ago.

Bullshit. Let's see the link.

Here's a paragraph about the study:

Sharing the Blame for the Mammoth's Extinction

"What they found makes sense," says mammalian paleoecologist Anthony Barnosky of the University of California, Berkeley. "It makes a clear case for there being an interaction. It shows what happens when two bad things happen at once." Barnosky and environmental scientist Barry Brook of the University of Adelaide in Australia have found such a human-climate synergy operating in megafaunal extinctions when severe climate change coincided with human arrivals. A similar synergy is happening today, they say, as global warming intensifies and the human population continues to grow.

How's that?

RE: This stupid OP...

"Our report focuses on abrupt change, that is, things that happen within a few years to decades: basically, over short enough time scales that young people living today would see the societal impacts brought on by faster-than-normal planetary changes," said Barnosky in an email. Barnosky is professor of integrative biology and a member of the Berkeley Initiative in Global Change Biology (BIGCB).

The report, "Abrupt Impacts of Climate Change: Anticipating Surprises," is available from the National Research Council, part of the National Academies.

Abrupt changes are already apparent, the authors noted: the number of serious wildfires has increased dramatically over the past decade, farmers are noticing hotter average temperatures that affect their crop yields, animals and plants are moving up mountainsides to reach cooler temperatures, and the Artic sea ice is melting back more and more each summer.

Reminds me of a cheap facsimile of a gangster movie..

"It would be shame ya know --- if someting was to suddenly happen to your pretty nursery Ms. Jones" We're just suggestin that you allow us to kinda watch it for ya and make sure no fires or explosions happen here".. "And we're only asking that you continue to donate to our work" Capiche??

There's no NEW information here.. Just another reading from the AGW "Book of Doom".. These jerks just want to exhort "protection money" to do a little "insurance" investigation into WHAT-IFS... Everyone wants a piece of the racket..

"Tipping points imminent" "within our lifetimes".... Ooooooooh.. From a 0.5degC change in temp during my lifetime??

Not unless an earthquake fault rips open the Siberian Arctic shelf -- Or Yellowstone blows out a supervolcano..

Supporting links are not necessary for claims in the environment threads.

Well, there are not many of them anyway. This is pretty much the Wild West so far.

Supporting links are not necessary for claims in the environment threads.

Well, there are not many of them anyway. This is pretty much the Wild West so far.

Actually one was provided.

Forum List

Back