Climatologists Trade Tips on Destroying Evidence, Evangelizing Warming

"What the hell?" isn't a question that needs answering.

We all know you're the smartest person here because you are so familiar with the Scripps Research Institute - and in fact you know everything - but its interesting you would expect a astrophysicist to be familiar with a biomedical research group. The two fields are miles and miles apart.

Yeah right:lol::lol::lol: astrophysicist:lol::lol: Sure buddy sure.....:lol::lol::lmao::lmao: I'm surprised you could spell it, did you need help with that one?:lol::lol:

My dissertation work was on the stability of mass transfer in interacting double white dwarf binaries whose accretion rates exceed the critical Eddington rate, and numerical techniques to model such binaries on massively parallel computers.

Hmmmm, I just did a search using Academic Search Premier and there is a very similar paper from the University of Utrecht back in 2003.

Houston....we have a problem.

Who supports scientific misconduct?

You do. In this thread.
No I don't.
So, why did I have to explain to someone who claims to be a scientist what scientific integrity is?

Then, when padded data, rejection of conflicting data, etc. is shown to you, you don't see any scientific misconduct?

Is political gain on some messageboard worth selling out scientific integrity to you?

And, based on your other dodges, I doubt you will answer any of these questions, either.

And, here I am trying to discuss something with a demonstrated troll (or moron). :(

Pressure does work shit for brains.

Pressure may be used to do work but pressure is not work in and of itself.

I didn't say pressure is work. I said it does work. dW = p dV. Basic thermo.

Absorption and emission do not constitute work. If they did, then a perfect refrigerator would be possible.

Photons do work on the atoms or molecules they strike. Their momentum is transfered to the particle that they strike. Its basic physics. Sorry.

Yeah right:lol::lol::lol: astrophysicist:lol::lol: Sure buddy sure.....:lol::lol::lmao::lmao: I'm surprised you could spell it, did you need help with that one?:lol::lol:

My dissertation work was on the stability of mass transfer in interacting double white dwarf binaries whose accretion rates exceed the critical Eddington rate, and numerical techniques to model such binaries on massively parallel computers.

Hmmmm, I just did a search using Academic Search Premier and there is a very similar paper from the University of Utrecht back in 2003.

Who are the authors?

Pressure does work shit for brains.

Absorption and emission do not constitute work. If they did, then a perfect refrigerator would be possible.

Photons do work on the atoms or molecules they strike. Their momentum is transfered to the particle that they strike. Its basic physics. Sorry.
And, do tell, how significant is that momentum on a particle about 3.25 angstroms in size in the atmospheric medium considering the IR wavelength range?

:eusa_whistle:

And, do tell, how significant is that momentum on a particle about 3.25 angstroms in size in the atmospheric medium considering the IR wavelength range?

Depends on the mass of the particle and the momentum of the photon, obviously.

As I said, considering the IR range and the size of a CO2 molecule AND considering the medium of the atmosphere. I suspect you can figure out the mass of a CO2 molecule, right? Think two 16s and a 12.

And, don't forget the atmosphere medium.

I'm betting that momentum is not significant at all. And you? What's your bet?

Last edited:

As I said, considering the IR range and the size of a CO2 molecule AND considering the medium of the atmosphere. I suspect you can figure out the mass of a CO2 molecule, right? Think two 12s and a 16.
It doesn't depend on the size.

You're betting that infrared radiation can't heat something? Are you fucking stupid?

As I said, considering the IR range and the size of a CO2 molecule AND considering the medium of the atmosphere. I suspect you can figure out the mass of a CO2 molecule, right? Think two 16s and a 12.

Uh huh. I wonder why you can't figure out the mass of a CO2 molecule?

Hmmmm.

You're betting that infrared radiation can't heat something? Are you fucking stupid?
Who said that? Oh, yeah, it was you.

Does the word significant have too many syllables for you?

Thanks, Dodge. You've given me quite a bit of information. ;)

Last edited:

Hmmmm.

How the hell can infrared radiation heat something without transferring its momentum and energy to the object its heating?

Hmmmm.

How the hell can infrared radiation heat something without transferring its momentum and energy to the object its heating?
Gee, I wonder if it's the energy of the absorbed radiation converted into molecular vibrations?

Now, about the significance of that radiation pressure on a molecule of CO2 in the atmosphere?

Hmmmm.

Gee, I wonder if it's the energy of the absorbed radiation converted into molecular vibrations?

Now, about the significance of that radiation pressure on a molecule of CO2 in the atmosphere?

ROTFLMAO! So now molecules can vibrate without momentum!

ROTFLMAO! So now molecules can vibrate without momentum!
Wow, you don't even understand IR spectroscopy.

Wow, and and astrophysicist, too.

rotflmao! So now molecules can vibrate without momentum!
wow, you don't even understand ir spectroscopy.

Wow, and and astrophysicist, too.

lol!!!
Well, you clearly don't.

Now, about the significance of that radiation pressure you tried to discuss? You do know that only a specific amount of the IR range is absorbed by CO2, right?

And, as I defer to the experts, and physics is not my expertise, how about enlightening us on the significance of the rest of the radiation pressure on CO2 molecules in the atmosphere in IR range that is not absorbed?

I mean, they way you were going on about it, it must be quite significant, no?

Who are the authors?

Look it up yourself. I gave you the search engine, the year and the uni. It should take you all of 5 seconds.

As I said, considering the IR range and the size of a CO2 molecule AND considering the medium of the atmosphere. I suspect you can figure out the mass of a CO2 molecule, right? Think two 12s and a 16.

yeah........... but the stupids are not losing and the k00ks........ well.......umm...........they are.

sweets..........you have the political IQ of a small soap dish

Last edited:

Who are the authors?

Look it up yourself. I gave you the search engine, the year and the uni. It should take you all of 5 seconds.

I have Academic Search Complete - they don't have a search by university option. So all I can search by is year, and then - without the author names - I still couldn't know for sure that's the paper your talking about.

I'm guessing its Verbunt - is it this paper;

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2003ASPC..296..245V

???

If so - what of it? - If not, what paper are you referring to? I can't read you mind!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back