Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Once again, Clinton acts, which will force the GOP to react.

This has been going on for quite a while, now.

Discuss. Is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.
why not start tomorrow?

Why can't everyday be Election Day ?
next thing u know, Hillary will demand that anyone who cant speak english be allowed to vote, so long as they vote for me.

80 ignored messages. The Osamabots have come out in full force to defend Hillary!

Sounds like 20 more days of graveyard votes (at best); or more like 20 more days of shuttling people from place to place recasting ballots (at worst and most likely).

80 ignored messages. The Osamabots have come out in full force to defend Hillary!

Sounds like 20 more days of graveyard votes (at best); or more like 20 more days of shuttling people from place to place recasting ballots (at worst and most likely).
617351077_Pinocchio_Hillary_xlarge.jpeg

i dont know why, but i already have a vision of when Hillary is Debating Rubio and throughout the debate we will see gerbils running out of her pant suits, right across the stage.

God forbid people have more opportunities to vote

Not like they would vote Republican

Must have hit a nerve. Imagine allowing more Americans to vote, sounds like communism.

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Once again, Clinton acts, which will force the GOP to react.

This has been going on for quite a while, now.

Discuss. Is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.
That republicans oppose this comes as no surprise, of course; it's telling that most on the right are hostile to making it easier for working Americans, low income Americans, and disabled Americans, among others, to vote.

Smart move. It forces the GOP to react than act.

React to what? I have no problem with early voting, but 20 days is unnecessary and that starts to get expensive as well. We have ten days of voting in Nevada. If you can't find time in ten days to make it to the polls then I don't want you voting.

The call by Hillary for expanded election fraud has already been posted in the "New Hillary Crimes" thread.
Republicans are willing to block 50 legitimate voters from voting just to stop one illegitimate voter

They are willing to block thousands of legitimate voters and claim there might have been the possibility of 1 possibly questionable voter.

Smart move. It forces the GOP to react than act.

React to what? I have no problem with early voting, but 20 days is unnecessary and that starts to get expensive as well. We have ten days of voting in Nevada. If you can't find time in ten days to make it to the polls then I don't want you voting.
If you are prepared to vote twenty days before the election...who cares if you vote early?

She's entitled to her opinion, but it's up to the States to run their elections.
Up to a point. In your state they try and keep people from voting, which is why the Feds are still keeping an eye on them.

No they don't 10 days early voting is fine, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes to vote.
You can say it all you like but it wouldn't be in the courts with the Feds watching if the GOP, who runs Texas, wanted everyone to vote, which they very much don't.

Only thing in the courts in on voter ID which has already been upheld in other States by the supremes and will be in TX. In fact it's already in place and has been since the last midterms.
I am aware of what is in the courts, and what it is designed to do, keep poor people from voting for Dems.

Why do you think so little of the abilities of the poor to follow the rules?

Forum List

Back