CNBC Takes a Beating

Cruz: “The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don’t trust the media,” Cruz said. “This is not a cage match.” From there, he listed the questions candidate were asked and said, “How about talking about the substantive issues people care about?”

Rubio: “The Democrats have the ultimate super-PAC; it's called the mainstream media."

Christie: "John, do you want me to answer or do you want to answer? Even in New Jersey, what you’re doing is rude.”
Yeah the GOP candidates had no real answers for reality. Maybe InfoWars can host the next debate. Those lunatics will look a lot better then.
I think John Kasich made one of the few intelligent comments in the whole debate when he said, "I've watched to see people say that we should dismantle Medicare and Medicaid and leave our senior citizens out, out in the cold. I've heard them talk about deporting 10 or 11 (million) people here from this country out of this country, splitting families. I've heard about tax schemes that don't add up that put our kids in a deeper hole than they are today" Shouldn't there be just a tiny bit of reality in the proposals these candidates are presenting.

Look at Carson's statement when pined down on his tax proposal. "Let me just say, if you’re talking about an $18 trillion economy, you’re talking about a 15 percent tax on your gross domestic product. You’re talking about $2.7 trillion. Does the man not understand that over 20% of the Gross National Product is government and you don't tax government.

Just as unrealistic is Carly Fiorina's proposal to reduce the 73,000 page tax code to 3 pages. Now that may sound perfectly reasonable to Joe the Plumber but it is virtually impossible.

Jeb Bush should have been talking about fantasy politics, not fantasy football.

And yet nobody will talk to Hillary how taxing the rich would be the salvation to our financial problems even though if you took every last dollar from the 1%, it wouldn't make a dent in our debt.

only in the self-deluding world of left-wing losers are Republicans held responsible for not answering questions in a debate pathetically moderated by left-wing nutjobs that clearly got their talking points from the DNC

Cruz is my new hero. He stood out from other republicans who are used to being insulted by the mainstream media. Even the audience booed the questions before they were answered. Members of the mainstream media used to promote a slim if dishonest facade of impartiality in the past but last night they showed themselves to be fools and hate filled idiots who had no intention of holding a legitimate debate. They should be ashamed.

She's accomplished a helluva lot more in her life, than you ever will..

True...I've never left Americans behind, let them die, and then lied to their grieving families...

and dont forget that sniper fire she dodged in bosnia!!!

And remember Hillary has conversations with dead people. This was even acknowledged by her husband Bill. And some are going to vote to have her finger on the red button?

It is kinda strange that the media makes the Rep debates about the he said she said bullshit, then they exclude any third party... But when Dems get on stage it's pretty much "How great are you???"

The best way to do things would be ask a question on policy and let the candidates "debate" it out if they disagree.
I agree,that is the best format but it just won't work when you have a half dozen or more candidates. Of course these little getogethers aren't debates. They are just accusation and name calling contests punctuated by little how good am I speeches. In a real debate, there are rules for debaters and they must actually answer questions without changing the subject and they are judged on how well they actually answered.

The good thing about this debate is that the best candidates still stood out, imo, because they actually discussed policy despite the poor performance from the moderators. I think Rubio had a great night, and Christie also did very well, although I really don't think Christie has any chance of gaining traction here. Carly is toast, Rand is toast, Kasich is in trouble, and Jeb is dead, and Huckabee never was a threat to contend. Cruz probably increased his support some, so I am not going to call him out of it yet. That leaves Trump and Carson. If nothing else, we should be at least beginning to understand that Ben Carson has no clue about much of what he speaks. His tax plan is a nightmare and joke that is completely unworkable. Should he become the nominee, he would be crushed in the general election. Trump we can't tell what will happen because all he does is tell us all how great he is and how great he will make the country again. In the end, one thing has become crystal clear to me; Rubio is going to be the nominee and he will give Republicans a shot at winning next year. He is the only one who actually is capable of talking policy, and he is young and likable. While I do not agree with him on most of the issues, at least he knows the issues and he doesn't scare the crap out of me as a potential president. He is the one who could actually pull more independent voters than Hillary. I'm just not sure if he can do it in all the states he will need to.

You forgot the Hispanic vote which he's likely to clean up on. That's what will scare the hell out of the Democrats. In fact, if it looks like Rubio is the likely nominee, look for much tougher border controls to our south. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
WOW I'm shocked there's a righty on here that isn't a Trump nuthugger, and realizes that Rubio is a much tougher stronger younger. candidate, and who is smart enough to realize you can't win the WH without the Hispanic vote..

Rubio and Kasich were the only Ones on that stage last night that are remotely likeable, the rest are Garbage...

It is kinda strange that the media makes the Rep debates about the he said she said bullshit, then they exclude any third party... But when Dems get on stage it's pretty much "How great are you???"

The best way to do things would be ask a question on policy and let the candidates "debate" it out if they disagree.
I agree,that is the best format but it just won't work when you have a half dozen or more candidates. Of course these little getogethers aren't debates. They are just accusation and name calling contests punctuated by little how good am I speeches. In a real debate, there are rules for debaters and they must actually answer questions without changing the subject and they are judged on how well they actually answered.

The good thing about this debate is that the best candidates still stood out, imo, because they actually discussed policy despite the poor performance from the moderators. I think Rubio had a great night, and Christie also did very well, although I really don't think Christie has any chance of gaining traction here. Carly is toast, Rand is toast, Kasich is in trouble, and Jeb is dead, and Huckabee never was a threat to contend. Cruz probably increased his support some, so I am not going to call him out of it yet. That leaves Trump and Carson. If nothing else, we should be at least beginning to understand that Ben Carson has no clue about much of what he speaks. His tax plan is a nightmare and joke that is completely unworkable. Should he become the nominee, he would be crushed in the general election. Trump we can't tell what will happen because all he does is tell us all how great he is and how great he will make the country again. In the end, one thing has become crystal clear to me; Rubio is going to be the nominee and he will give Republicans a shot at winning next year. He is the only one who actually is capable of talking policy, and he is young and likable. While I do not agree with him on most of the issues, at least he knows the issues and he doesn't scare the crap out of me as a potential president. He is the one who could actually pull more independent voters than Hillary. I'm just not sure if he can do it in all the states he will need to.

You forgot the Hispanic vote which he's likely to clean up on. That's what will scare the hell out of the Democrats. In fact, if it looks like Rubio is the likely nominee, look for much tougher border controls to our south. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
WOW I'm shocked there's a righty on here that isn't a Trump nuthugger, and realizes that Rubio is a much tougher stronger younger. candidate, and who is smart enough to realize you can't win the WH without the Hispanic vote..

Rubio and Kasich were the only Ones on that stage last night that are remotely likeable, the rest are Garbage...

No, you can win without the Hispanic vote, but it's definitely a plus.

Kasich is an embarrassment to our state. He couldn't answer one question. No matter what was asked, he kept repeating what he did here in Ohio and some of what he did in Congress. We learned nothing. Anybody with an internet connection can see what somebody did in their past, it's the future we wanted to hear about and Kasich had nothing to offer.

Rubio has improved greatly when it comes to debates.

Kasich is an embarrassment to our state. He couldn't answer one question. No matter what was asked, he kept repeating what he did here in Ohio and some of what he did in Congress. We learned nothing. Anybody with an internet connection can see what somebody did in their past, it's the future we wanted to hear about and Kasich had nothing to offer.

Interesting considering Kasich kept bragging last night about how he in so many words brought Ohio back from the dead, but he did repeat himself a lot, and kept rambling on when the time ran out, not exactly a stand out performance..

He's polling so low, he will either run out of money or quit by December , or January..

CNBC was exposed as 'Pooh-flinging monkeys'...

...declared by one journalist, "CNBC could have saved themselves and the candidates a lot of money if they had just brought in ACTUAL 'pooh-flinging monkeys' to moderate..."

:piss2: :lmao:
They had "pooh flinging monkeys" on stage, the republican candidates.

Cruz: “The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don’t trust the media,” Cruz said. “This is not a cage match.” From there, he listed the questions candidate were asked and said, “How about talking about the substantive issues people care about?”

Rubio: “The Democrats have the ultimate super-PAC; it's called the mainstream media."

Christie: "John, do you want me to answer or do you want to answer? Even in New Jersey, what you’re doing is rude.”
Yes indeedy... Cruz owned the feckless attempts by the cult to undermine the sanctity of debate.

Absolutely brilliant.

Interesting considering Kasich kept bragging last night about how he in so many words brought Ohio back from the dead, but he did repeat himself a lot, and kept rambling on when the time ran out, not exactly a stand out performance..

He's polling so low, he will either run out of money or quit by December , or January..

That's true unless he fires his debate coach and just talks on his own. These debate coaches F-up every single debate--especially between the Republican and Democrat nominees.

Katich did a pretty good job here in Ohio. In fact here in Cleveland, one of our main bridges going into downtown was deteriorating. Of course we didn't see any of that stimulus money for roads and bridges, and the state was just getting out of debt. But he found a way to rebuild those bridges using bonds somehow; I don't really understand the finances of it all.

The bridges are now over half way built and we can now drive trucks over the new one; they detoured trucks from going on the old bridge because it wasn't safe enough. We do have a surplus but cities all over the state are struggling and in financial distress since he stopped giving cities money. I know my suburb is over a million in debt right now that the state used to provide. Our city has cut everything to the bone including recycling and leaf pickup.

In a word CNBC's production was shameful. After Cruz spoke up the panel lost any sense of control and nobody seemed to be in charge. My gosh, if the debate hadn't been cut back from 3 hours I think CNBC would have had to make changes on the fly and pull the idiots they had sitting there asking the questions.

Yeah the GOP candidates had no real answers for reality. Maybe InfoWars can host the next debate. Those lunatics will look a lot better then.

Yes, asking Trump if he's a comic-book villain is "reality", and the problem is that the "lunatics" just didn't have answers for hard, probing questions like that.

Whatever meds you're on, have your doctor change them immediately.

Yes, asking Trump if he's a comic-book villain is "reality", and the problem is that the "lunatics" just didn't have answers for hard, probing questions like that.

Nobody said villain, dupe. Carson's additive company, inability to do math, etc etc- all true. The GOP doesn't care about facts.

Infowars hosting a debate instead of CNBC? Yeah, they would probably do a better job and be more entertaining.

What I would like to see is a moderator from each network, maybe hosted at c-span studies. There you go.

I still want to see what I suggested a while back: a debate challenged by one candidate to another, arranged by the campaigns and generously allowed to be taped and broadcast by the media, if they behave themselves. Completely done with these interrogations by "journalists" desperately trying to become the news, rather than report it.

Whoa there little filly, pull that stick out of your ass and try again.

Excuse me, needle dick, but whom do you think you're directing that misogynistic condescension to? The fact that I have a vagina doesn't affect the fact that I also have 40 IQ points on you, at a minimum.

The point stands, if you can wade through your fog of testosterone poisoning long enough to engage your brain and notice it: The problem isn't the candidates not having answers; the problem is them not being given real questions.

k
Oh, Mr. tough talk on the internet. You make me laugh.

Hillary isn't worried about them right now....she's running from Bernie.

In Hillary's case...it's tough when an honest man like Sanders stands up and your lying ass looks so pathetic next to him.
Clinton schooled the old fart in the debate, and is killing Sanders in Iowa by 20 points:rofl:, the one who will look pathetic will be the old guy who will be gone by March..

Don't worry i'll get back to you when he gets smoked :deal:

Don't worry she' will offer the old fart a job as his Limo driver when she wins the WH, as long as he can pass the eye exam, and dosen't pass too much gas..

And that proves what ?

Sounds hot.

1. That Hillary has honed her lying skills to an incredible level.
2. There are morons like you who will stay with Hillary no matter what.

It's interesting you laud all the things Sanders touts and really believes in.

Then make fun of him because you somehow are stupid enough to think Hillary really cares about your sorry ass.
What President has never lied??

Dumb shits like you, please go ahead and vote for Sanders i don't give a fuck he's still gonna get his ass kicked by her:fu:

And if you Mr Fanboy really think Sanders gives 2 shits about your sorry ass, i have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you for a song and a dance..
Are you from NY? If so, did you vote for Hillary? If so, what did she accomplish?
I can hold, this will take awhile...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm from NYC didn't, and wouldn't vote for that bitch! The only thing she did when here was have sex with Warren Willhelm, and his nasty switch hitter wife, Chirlane McCray

deblasio-and-wife.jpg

The liberal media is playing their usual games. They make every attempt to turn the Repub candidates on each other and they consider rumors to be legitimate comments to throw at them.

Hillary gets asked questions like, "Do you think you're over qualified for the job?" They treat Dems with the utmost respect and treat the Repubs like suspects. Obama was treated with kid gloves from the start and they are still afraid to ask him any tough questions. Hillary continues to act like she's above everyone else and expects different standards to be applied to her. Of course, the lib media will oblige, but thankfully not everyone has given up on transparency.

I do recall some of the lib media being called into a meeting, that they weren't allow to report on, and probably told to cool it after a few actually started acting like reporters. I think there is hell to pay for those who think they can do more than merely repeat what they are told. A few lib news reporters were fired after trying to dig into things too much. Media outlets these day are just acting as agents to politicians who are more worried about damage control than getting to the truth. Real reporting is becoming a thing of the past and the networks are more interested in ratings and pleasing their party.

Judging from the polls, I don't think it's working as well as it has in previous years. Of course, there are still some idiots who buy into it. I see the most idiotic posts on Facebook from a few lib friends and they are amazingly ignorant. A few actually believe that gun control will somehow stop all the gangs and thugs from killing. Others think that Bernie Sanders is a cute little old man who wants to bring socialism to fix everything and they think we should let him.

Forum List

Back