CNBC Takes a Beating

Cruz: “The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don’t trust the media,” Cruz said. “This is not a cage match.” From there, he listed the questions candidate were asked and said, “How about talking about the substantive issues people care about?”

Rubio: “The Democrats have the ultimate super-PAC; it's called the mainstream media."

Christie: "John, do you want me to answer or do you want to answer? Even in New Jersey, what you’re doing is rude.”
someone should do a spinoff on this debate using all 14/13 year olds.

Cruz: “The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don’t trust the media,” Cruz said. “This is not a cage match.” From there, he listed the questions candidate were asked and said, “How about talking about the substantive issues people care about?”

Rubio: “The Democrats have the ultimate super-PAC; it's called the mainstream media."

Christie: "John, do you want me to answer or do you want to answer? Even in New Jersey, what you’re doing is rude.”
Yeah the GOP candidates had no real answers for reality. Maybe InfoWars can host the next debate. Those lunatics will look a lot better then.
I think John Kasich made one of the few intelligent comments in the whole debate when he said, "I've watched to see people say that we should dismantle Medicare and Medicaid and leave our senior citizens out, out in the cold. I've heard them talk about deporting 10 or 11 (million) people here from this country out of this country, splitting families. I've heard about tax schemes that don't add up that put our kids in a deeper hole than they are today" Shouldn't there be just a tiny bit of reality in the proposals these candidates are presenting.

Look at Carson's statement when pined down on his tax proposal. "Let me just say, if you’re talking about an $18 trillion economy, you’re talking about a 15 percent tax on your gross domestic product. You’re talking about $2.7 trillion. Does the man not understand that over 20% of the Gross National Product is government and you don't tax government.

Just as unrealistic is Carly Fiorina's proposal to reduce the 73,000 page tax code to 3 pages. Now that may sound perfectly reasonable to Joe the Plumber but it is virtually impossible.

Jeb Bush should have been talking about fantasy politics, not fantasy football.

And yet nobody will talk to Hillary how taxing the rich would be the salvation to our financial problems even though if you took every last dollar from the 1%, it wouldn't make a dent in our debt.
Well one of them will get a chance at Hillary but they may well be surprised to find she is a far more formidable candidate than any one they have faced.

Yeah the GOP candidates had no real answers for reality. Maybe InfoWars can host the next debate. Those lunatics will look a lot better then.
I think John Kasich made one of the few intelligent comments in the whole debate when he said, "I've watched to see people say that we should dismantle Medicare and Medicaid and leave our senior citizens out, out in the cold. I've heard them talk about deporting 10 or 11 (million) people here from this country out of this country, splitting families. I've heard about tax schemes that don't add up that put our kids in a deeper hole than they are today" Shouldn't there be just a tiny bit of reality in the proposals these candidates are presenting.

Look at Carson's statement when pined down on his tax proposal. "Let me just say, if you’re talking about an $18 trillion economy, you’re talking about a 15 percent tax on your gross domestic product. You’re talking about $2.7 trillion. Does the man not understand that over 20% of the Gross National Product is government and you don't tax government.

Just as unrealistic is Carly Fiorina's proposal to reduce the 73,000 page tax code to 3 pages. Now that may sound perfectly reasonable to Joe the Plumber but it is virtually impossible.

The reason you like Kasich is the same reason he's going to get the boot: He's a Democrat in sheep's clothing.

And yet nobody will talk to Hillary how taxing the rich would be the salvation to our financial problems even though if you took every last dollar from the 1%, it wouldn't make a dent in our debt.
Well one of them will get a chance at Hillary but they may well be surprised to find she is a far more formidable candidate than any one they have faced.

Yeah, she's formidable with the entire lib media covering for her and lying for her.

The country as a whole does not trust her and think she's a born liar. Yes, the Democrats feel differently when polled, but Democrats are not the entire country.

If it does come down to Hillary and whoever, I don't think the debates will have as much of an impact on the country as they have in the past. She has way too much baggage for her to be able to change anybody's mind with anything she might say during a debate.

There will be hundreds of millions of dollars spent on ads. Candidates have a much harder time trying to defend themselves from ads than they do in a debate. Right now, the Democrat candidate is hoping to stay out of jail yet alone get nominated. That's a pretty bad start right from the beginning.

Everyone's missing the point. The debates were a huge success for CNBC!

Good Lord. They got 14 million viewers! Since when have they had more than a few thousand for any one show?

Hillary is probably laughing her ass off tonight with a bottle of wine, and a recliner watching all of these clowns, Repugs, and Tea Maggots , obsess over her, Hillary this Hillary that, blah, blah , blah, they all have Hillary derangement syndrome, and it just shows she in their heads:clap:

They hated Fox, Kelly, and they hated CNBC, those ***** are a bunch of bitches scared of tough hard questions, and they wanna be President:cuckoo::hellno:

If you can't take the heat or take tough questions, GET OUT OF THE RACE, you fucking pussy..
They didn't ask tough questions. They attacked them.
:crybaby:waaaaaa, i can't take tough questions, waaaaaaa, i wanna go home to mammy:cry:, help...

:piss2:Repugs, tea maggots..
Please spare me. If libs ever got asked a tough question they would pee themselves.

The country as a whole does not trust her and think she's a born liar. Yes, the Democrats feel differently when polled, but Democrats are not the entire country.

If it does come down to Hillary and whoever, I don't think the debates will have as much of an impact on the country as they have in the past. She has way too much baggage for her to be able to change anybody's mind with anything she might say during a debate.

There will be hundreds of millions of dollars spent on ads. Candidates have a much harder time trying to defend themselves from ads than they do in a debate. Right now, the Democrat candidate is hoping to stay out of jail yet alone get nominated. That's a pretty bad start right from the beginning.

Democrats think she's a untrustworthy liar, too. That's why they like her.

ABQhVTV.jpg

It takes two to make a race. Right now her only real opponent is Sanders. Once it becomes clear who the Republican nominee is, then the polls are going to look a lot different. Voters do not make a decision as whether a candidate should be president but which of two candidates is best qualified to hold the office. Neither Trump nor Carson would stand a chance. Trump is far too arrogant and Carson is far timid and neither have any real qualification.

It takes two to make a race. Right now her only real opponent is Sanders. Once it becomes clear who the Republican nominee is, then the polls are going to look a lot different. Voters do not make a decision as whether a candidate should be president but which of two candidates is best qualified to hold the office. Neither Trump nor Carson would stand a chance. Trump is far too arrogant and Carson is far timid and neither have any real qualification.

ROFL! You're deluded about who doesn't stand a chance. If it wasn't for the entire media being in her corner, Hillary wouldn't even get the nomination. She's a proven liar and had the personality of a fingernail dragging across a blackboard. Trump is already beating her in the polls.

Last edited:
Everyone's missing the point. The debates were a huge success for CNBC!

Good Lord. They got 14 million viewers! Since when have they had more than a few thousand for any one show?

They screwed the pooch for themselves and their parent company. They'll never get another debate.

ROFL! You're deluded about who doesn't stand a chance. If it wasn't for the entire media being in her corner, Hillary wouldn't even get the nomination. She's a proven liar and had the personality of a fingernail dragging across a blackboard. Trump is already beating her in the polls.
CNN/ORC Clinton by 2.5
NBC/Wall St. Journal Clinton by 10
Quinnipiac Clinton by 2
ABC/Washington Post Clinton by 3

Only Fox News has Trump beating Clinton.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Trump Leads GOP, Carson Stays Strong, Rubio 3rd: Poll (IBD/TIPP: Trump 28%)
INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY ^ | Oct., 30th, 04:17 PM ET | JOHN MERLINE
After taking a battering in last month's poll, Donald Trump has re-emerged at the top of the Republican field in the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Support for Trump among registered Republicans and those leaning Republican is 28%; support for Carson is 23%. Last month's poll had Carson up by 7 points over Trump. Marco Rubio comes in third at 11%, the same as last month. No other GOP candidate reached double digits. Support for Jeb Bush dropped two points to 6%; Carly Fiorina collapsed to 3% from last month's 9%. Ted Cruz held at 6%. "Trump's support in the last poll...

Donald Trump Leads Marco Rubio, Hillary Clinton Blowing Out Democrats in New Florida Poll

Sunshine State ^ | October 29, 2015 - 11:45am | Kevin Derby
Former U.S. Sec. of State Hillary Clinton is out front with Florida Democrats while businessman Donald Trump and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., are ahead on the Republican side, a new poll shows. St. Leo University released a poll on Wednesday showing Clinton with a commanding lead in the Sunshine State. A majority of Florida Democrats--51 percent--support Clinton. The poll was started before Vice President Joe Biden closed the door on running for the Democratic nomination and he places a distant second with 15 percent. U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., garners 13 percent. Trump leads on the Republican side with...

Americans trust Donald Trump the most as a ‘job creator’ says new Harris Poll

The Washington Times ^ | Friday, October 30, 2015 | Jennifer Harper
The nation trusts Republican frontrunner Donald Trump as the White House hopeful who could successfully remedy the current employment situation. We're talking all Americans here, not just Republicans. "When asked in open-ended questioning which presidential candidate they think would best improve the U.S. job market, Donald Trump is the top response (26 percent), followed by Hillary Clinton (20 percent) and more distantly by Bernie Sanders (12 percent)," reports Larry Shannon-Missal, managing editor of the Harris Poll.

Trump still on top in first post-debate poll (Trump 26 Carson 21 Rubio 10)

washingtonexaminer.com ^
Donald Trump remains atop the Republican presidential field despite what most agreed was a more subdued performance in Wednesday's GOP debate, according to a new poll. The celebrity candidate lost his spotlight to Florida Sen. Marco Rubio in the third debate, causing him to drop to second place in the Washington Examiner's post-debate power rankings. Still, a Rasmussen Reports survey of GOP voters taken after the third debate shows Trump continuing to lead his Republican rivals. Trump earns 26 percent support among GOP voters, followed closely by retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 21 percent. Rubio is in a distant third...

Pennsylvania Primary Poll: Trump 23 Carson 22 Rubio 13 Cruz 4 Bush 3

Franklin & Marshall ^ | 10/29/2015 | Franklin & Marshall / Center for Opinion Research
Donald Trump 23% Ben Carson 22% Marco Rubio 13% John Kasich 6% Ted Cruz 4% Jeb Bush 3% Chris Christie 3% Carly Fiorina 3% Mike Huckabee 1% Bobby Jindal 1% Rand Paul 1% Rick Santorum 1% Lindsey Graham -- George Pataki -- Don’t know 20%

OAN: Post-Debate Poll Shows Trump, Rubio, And Cruz Are The Top Three Debate Winners

OAN ^ | 10/29/2015
Registered Republican Voters Pick Trump as the Winner and Bush as the Loser of Wednesday Night’s Debate One America News Network, “OAN”, a credible source for 24/7 national and international news, announces its post-debate poll results taken immediately after Wednesday night’s GOP Debate in Boulder, Colorado. New York real estate mogul Donald Trump remains in first place with 32.7 percent. Dr. Ben Carson trails Trump by just over 10 points, landing in second with 22.6 percent. Rounding out the top three is Senator Marco Rubio at 14.5 percent. As for the winners and losers in Wednesday night’s debate, over 1,500...

Merger-600-LA.jpg

The disconnect between these networks and the electorate really is remarkable.

These people have somehow gotten it into their heads that viewers want gotcha questions, off the wall questions, silly questions, insulting questions, and questions that have never been asked of a candidate in the history of mankind.

Who convinced them of this?

• MSNBC, NBC Reportedly Ordered Not to ‘Pile On’ CNBC After Debate
    Mediaite ^ | 10-30-2015 | Alex Griswold
    How bad was the backlash against CNBC after Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate? Bad enough that producers at its sister networks were reportedly told to tone down their coverage of the controversy. As CNN’s Brian Stetler reports, CNBC itself originally covered the debate normally, but later abandoned coverage entirely. “As the day went on, there was less and less talk about the debate on CNBC. According to one of the employees, producers were given internal guidance to move on.” Apparently, similar instructions were given to CNBC’s sister networks. “At CNBC’s sister news outlets MSNBC and NBC News, producers were advised not...

The disconnect between these networks and the electorate really is remarkable.

These people have somehow gotten it into their heads that viewers want gotcha questions, off the wall questions, silly questions, insulting questions, and questions that have never been asked of a candidate in the history of mankind.

Who convinced them of this?

Ratings.

They understand that people are looking for controversy. It's kind of like watching racing. Some are serious spectators and are interested in the moves, the timing and who wins the race. Most are watching NASCAR to see the accidents.

Give CNBC some credit. They did create the controversy, it's just that they didn't expect it to be about them.

Forum List

Back