CNN not again!!!!!!!

If it is now publicly known that AG Sessions had no illicit contact with Russians and was truthful to all parties concerned, why does his recusal remain in effect?

At this point, Sessions has NO conflict either real or imagined, while Rosenstein and Mueller are up to their eyeballs in conflicts of interest. Why are the inmates still running the asylum?
We shall see when the investigation is complete, dingbat.

Another Day, Another CNN 'Bombshell' Is Proven To Be A Nothing-Burger

does CNN ever have real facts? I mean public access shows give more accurate information. At this point you have to think its on purpose.

CNN uninstall!!!!
So don't watch them! For heaven's sake shut up about CNN. It's as if you're forced to watch it.

What you're missing in this narrative is the word "corrected." They even made a Big Deal about it, gave it a banner, etc. They got wrong info from a CNN legal analyst and they corrected it when they found out they were wrong and Jeff Sessions was innocent of that charge.

I'm kinda glad, because I've always thought Jeff Sessions was being pretty earnest about not doing anything wrong in that regard.

You might want to tell your regressive friends to stop accusing Sessions of lying about Russian contacts, how many stories have to be corrected before you realize the MSM has an agenda and it's not what's in the best interest of the country.

I've been telling them all along I thought he was telling the truth.

There's a butt load that aren't listening. They would prefer to speculate and accuse rather than admit the facts.

Jeff Sessions may well know a lot of stuff that happened during the campaign and the transition, but accusing him of lying about those meetings as a Senator was preposterous. The reason Trump was pissed that he recused himself wasn't because it made him look guilty--it's because he wanted Sessions in there directing the investigation away from the President.
Sessions said screw that. A good reason to salute him.

Your "proof" seems to be evaporating, but hey, no reason to allow that to stop your propaganda, right?

He lied. You know it. You saw it and heard it.
Obama lied regularly and you loved it. Why do now dislike lying?
ah, the ol "whatabout" diversion... Gipper, you just lost the argument.
Obama lied. Trump lies. Lefties love Obama, but hate Trump.

Do you see the hypocrisy yet?
Obama didn't lie and Trump never stops. You're Obama lies are very few and always turn out to be predictions that were blocked years later.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

The SOB knew those were lies form the beginning and repeated them over and over. You contention otherwise, well, just makes you a liar.

does CNN ever have real facts? I mean public access shows give more accurate information. At this point you have to think its on purpose.

CNN uninstall!!!!
So don't watch them! For heaven's sake shut up about CNN. It's as if you're forced to watch it.

What you're missing in this narrative is the word "corrected." They even made a Big Deal about it, gave it a banner, etc. They got wrong info from a CNN legal analyst and they corrected it when they found out they were wrong and Jeff Sessions was innocent of that charge.

I'm kinda glad, because I've always thought Jeff Sessions was being pretty earnest about not doing anything wrong in that regard.

trumptards need to delegitimize the real news because they say things about the orange sociopath that they don't like.

The trumpettes don't need to do anything, the news agency's have repeatedly been proven to have lied. No one believes them anymore except for those who wish to believe.

no, the news agencies do not "lie". they occasionally get things wrong and correct things.

unlike the paid prevaricators at fauxnews, breitbart and infowars.... which forms the triumvirate of sources for trumpsters.

Your "proof" seems to be evaporating, but hey, no reason to allow that to stop your propaganda, right?

Obama didn't lie and Trump never stops. You're Obama lies are very few and always turn out to be predictions that were blocked years later.
That is really unbelievable. LWNJs really don't know that Obama lied often and regularly. LMFAO!

This is proof the DNC MSM really has too much power over the minds of the feeble.

CNN uninstall!!!!

trumptards need to delegitimize the real news because they say things about the orange sociopath that they don't like.

The trumpettes don't need to do anything, the news agency's have repeatedly been proven to have lied. No one believes them anymore except for those who wish to believe.

Nope. Errors? Yes. Mistakes? Yep. Lies and made up news? Nope.

Irresponsible to make that claim. Asshole.

CNN uninstall!!!!

no, the news agencies do not "lie". they occasionally get things wrong and correct things.

unlike the paid prevaricators at fauxnews, breitbart and infowars.... which forms the triumvirate of sources for trumpsters.
Pretty puny rear-guard action. Petulant in fact.

You might want to tell your regressive friends to stop accusing Sessions of lying about Russian contacts, how many stories have to be corrected before you realize the MSM has an agenda and it's not what's in the best interest of the country.

He did lie. Under oath. He is still lying.

All humans lie. Politicians spin and avoid. They cherry pick data. They overtstate and understate.

Obama is a standard politician in that regard.

Trump is a special level of liar and his entire administration follows his lead.

Fuck off.

CNN uninstall!!!!

There's a butt load that aren't listening. They would prefer to speculate and accuse rather than admit the facts.

Jeff Sessions may well know a lot of stuff that happened during the campaign and the transition, but accusing him of lying about those meetings as a Senator was preposterous. The reason Trump was pissed that he recused himself wasn't because it made him look guilty--it's because he wanted Sessions in there directing the investigation away from the President.

Comey told Trump from the get go he was not a target of the investigation. The only reason for Sessions to recuse himself was an appearance of a conflict of interest, not an actual conflict.

CNN uninstall!!!!

Nope. Errors? Yes. Mistakes? Yep. Lies and made up news? Nope.

Irresponsible to make that claim. Asshole.
This is the problem with LWNJs. They can only see lies by R pols.

It is a mental illness or maybe just plain stupidity.

All humans lie. Politicians spin and avoid. They cherry pick data. They overtstate and understate.

Obama is a standard politician in that regard.

Trump is a special level of liar and his entire administration follows his lead.

Fuck off.
Obama lied and lied and lied, yet LWNJs don't know this because their media failed to tell them.

CNN uninstall!!!!

What just a second there Silly Jilly.

Fox News fucking lies ALL the FUCKING time...

right?

CNN uninstall!!!!

What about in front of the senate he had a memory block? Couldn't answer many questions

Yeah, I can say the same thing about the other side. I don't see the point... I don't think many people love being lied to. People support certain candidates who they think best progress the agendas that they believe in. That doesn't mean they love everything about that person. Free thinking people should call out lies, manipulation and dishonesty no matter who is doing it. It makes no sense to try and justify Trumps lies by pointing to Obamas. It does nothing to progress the conversation.

Obama had a few shady moments but I agree with your statement for the most part. There is no comparison when looking at Obama's honest vs. Trumps. The golden "lie" that opponents always point to is the "keep your doctor, keep your plan" statement. It always makes me laugh how they try to spin that as a LIE. The comparison game never goes anywhere though...

Yeah, I can say the same thing about the other side. I don't see the point... I don't think many people love being lied to. People support certain candidates who they think best progress the agendas that they believe in. That doesn't mean they love everything about that person. Free thinking people should call out lies, manipulation and dishonesty no matter who is doing it. It makes no sense to try and justify Trumps lies by pointing to Obamas. It does nothing to progress the conversation.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions' defense for apparently misleading Congress about his knowledge of campaign contacts with Russians is that he has a bad memory. No, honestly. The man who now oversees the entire Justice Department might have heard about contacts with Russia, but no alarms went off, nothing was seared into memory and no action was taken. Even if you believe Sessions, his testimony is damning.

The Post reports:

"When asked previously about whether he believed surrogates from the Trump campaign had communications with the Russians, Sessions said, speaking before the House Judiciary Committee. "I did not, and I'm not aware of anyone else that did, and I don't believe it happened."

Now, Sessions said he recalled a March 2016 meeting with Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos. Papadopoulos, in pleading guilty to lying to FBI agents, has admitted he told Trump and a group of other campaign officials, including Sessions, that he had contacts who could help arrange a meeting between Trump and Putin.

"I do now recall the March 2016 meeting at Trump Hotel that Mr. Papadopoulos attended, but I have no clear recollection of the details of what he said at that meeting," Sessions said. "After reading his account, and to the best of my recollection, I believe that I wanted to make clear to him that he was not authorized to represent the campaign with the Russian government, or any other foreign government, for that matter. But I did not recall this event, which occurred 18 months before my testimony of a few weeks ago, and I would gladly have reported it had I remembered it because I pushed back against his suggestion that I thought may have been improper."

He doesn't remember, but if he does remember, he said to shut down contacts with Russians, but he didn't remember learning about contacts with Russians when previously testifying under oath. Got it? His routine - to take offense at being called a liar - is wearing thin.

Then there is the matter of a possible investigation of President Donald Trump's political opponent, Hillary Clinton. Trump has repeatedly said she should be investigated. Now Sessions, who told members of Congress in writing he was having Justice Department figures look into the possibility of a special counsel to investigate the Clinton Foundation and the Uranium One deal, rejects the notion that his boss influenced the decision. Moreover, he refuses to say whether he would recuse himself because that would denote there is an investigation. But didn't he already say in writing he had tasked Justice Department officials with looking into this? This seems to run afoul of his promise to recuse himself from matters concerning Clinton and the campaign. Former Office of Government Ethics chief Walter Shaub says it is "patently false" that Sessions cannot answer the recusal question.

The investigation into whether Sesssions should appoint a special counsel itself poses a glaring conflict of interest.

Sessions subsequently said, "I would say 'looks like' is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel." That suggests he is, in fact, trying to contain the president. It nevertheless does not solve the question as to how he could be involved.

It may be that Sessions is struggling to deflect pressure for him to investigate Clinton. However, that would simply be evidence of the president's total lawlessness and would suggest that Sessions is not being candid when he denies pressure to investigate Clinton. The proper response to outside pressure to use the Justice Department as a political weapon against political opponents should be: Forget it. If that pressure continues, a responsible attorney general would either quit or force the president to fire him (as acting attorney general Sally Yates did when she refused to litigate the travel ban).

Finally, if Sessions' memory is so poor, one wonders how he can reliably answer questions that the special counsel will no doubt ask about the firing of former FBI director James B. Comey and Russian collusion. An attorney general who remembers nothing might escape implicating the president or others - but it also suggests he should never have been given the job.

Jennifer Rubin writes the Right Turn blog for The Post, offering reported opinion from a conservative perspective.

The SOB knew those were lies form the beginning and repeated them over and over. You contention otherwise, well, just makes you a liar.

haha, i knew you were going to say that. Such a sad attempt to spin up a lie. That is a broken promise. A goal that he was not able to achieve through legislation. Very different than a blatant lie. But nice try

There is a movie running on cable called "Truth" starring a rapidly aging Robert Redford as Dan Rather. The plot involves the borderline treasonous attempt by CBS to use forged documents to influence a presidential election. The movie admits the deception but the kicker is that it claims that Rather and producer Mapes were justified because George Bush was such a bastard. No doubt the MSM today and especially CNN justifies their fake news because they think their cause is just.
It's also a fact that everything in those put up fake papers was true... There should be a real big investigation of who produced those papers in the first place. That is the true disgrace. The few mistakes that CNN makes they retract the story and apologize and suspend the reporters. That has never happened with Fox Rush Limbaugh etc etc who are actually Non-Stop innuendo b*******and ridiculous character assassination.

cnn, did you see the retraction, it was a joke, its like saying franken apologized during his retirement speech

what major story hasnt rush limbaugh apologized about?

haha, i knew you were going to say that. Such a sad attempt to spin up a lie. That is a broken promise. A goal that he was not able to achieve through legislation. Very different than a blatant lie. But nice try

no you're full of shit, he said it as fact, show me where he said it was a goal or any conditional language

Forum List

Back