CNN: "Roe leak may impact how Supreme Court decides gun rights, climate and immigration cases this spring" (silent part added within)

Really the only way they could keep it from happening again is to have all their clerk's write opinions going both ways on everything and nobody know what they are deciding until they sit in a room together.

After the current shit-show of threats and doxxing I expect the right-leaning justices to live by the feud on the dems.....If they don't they damn well should.

The majority opinion could, and should, be summed-up in five words....."Because fuck you, that's why". ;)
I have something similar I like to sing to anyone trying to tell me what to do. It's a simple tune with easy to remember lyrics.
It's set to America the Beautiful & the only words are "Go and fuck yourself"
It's wildly unpopular with the lefties

The SC justices have a lifetime appointment, so they don't have to give a damn about what anybody thinks. I would be very disappointed if any of them allowed themselves to be bullied into altering their opinions about any case before them. And we'd probably never know if that was the case anyway.
Thus, each opinion should close with....

Finally, we hold....because fuck you.

Thus, each opinion should close with....

Finally, we hold....because fuck you.
FNS6KiSXwAYlcyM.jpg

The SC justices have a lifetime appointment, so they don't have to give a damn about what anybody thinks. I would be very disappointed if any of them allowed themselves to be bullied into altering their opinions about any case before them. And we'd probably never know if that was the case anyway.
No, we couldn't "KNOW" but it will certainly lead to a belief that if they change their vote now, they are reacting to the intimidation efforts of the Left. If that happens, a huge number of Americans will begin to see that court as hyper-politicized and having lost its credibility. Ultimately, states may simply follow Cali, NY, IL, Or and others in simply ignoring the laws they disagree with. I can GUARANTEE that any ruling that weakens 2A substantially will be ignored in the South and Midwest and probably others. Sanctuary states will spring up everywhere.

No, we couldn't "KNOW" but it will certainly lead to a belief that if they change their vote now, they are reacting to the intimidation efforts of the Left. If that happens, a huge number of Americans will begin to see that court as hyper-politicized and having lost its credibility. Ultimately, states may simply follow Cali, NY, IL, Or and others in simply ignoring the laws they disagree with. I can GUARANTEE that any ruling that weakens 2A substantially will be ignored in the South and Midwest and probably others. Sanctuary states will spring up everywhere.

FWIW, here in San Antonio TX the DA said he would not prosecute an abortion case if the state passes an abortion ban.

It's simple. Decide this case the way we tell you or we will hurt your family.

Comment:

Excluded Silent Part:
...so you better vote for Democrats.
There will certainly be some procedural and security changes but I don't see this at all affecting how they come down on those cases.

The conservatives will come down on the side of The Constitution, the rest will come down on the side of political activism.

After the current shit-show of threats and doxxing I expect the right-leaning justices to live by the feud on the dems.....If they don't they damn well should.

The majority opinion could, and should, be summed-up in five words....."Because fuck you, that's why". ;)
No, unless it's shown that the leaker was a member of the court they need to do as always and treat each other with respect and hear/decide the case on the merits and in line with the original meaning and intent of the applicable parts of The Constitution.

so they don't have to give a damn about what anybody thinks.
Well we certainly know that not to be true, we were flat told so in Bush v Gore and other cases through the years where one or more justices worried about their decision eroding faith in the court because people will think the rulings were made ideologically rather than based on the merits of the cases, the law, and The Constitution.

Numerous times we've heard them say they had a duty to act in a way that best protected the courts image of political neutrality as well.

Or they'll see it as the court simply being compromised because of fear of such retaliation against themselves and their families.

In the lower courts such threats would lead to judges having to call for a mistrial and recusing themselves if the case was refiled.

No, unless it's shown that the leaker was a member of the court they need to do as always and treat each other with respect and hear/decide the case on the merits and in line with the original meaning and intent of the applicable parts of The Constitution.
Well I'm not some pussy that cares more about decorum than principle so I tend to take a much harsher view.

Forum List

Back