CNN: Stop saying "radical Islam"

It is a legitimate semantic point, and a puzzle to which no one has presented an acceptable solution.

Just as the media were reluctant to label the dead at Jonestown "Christians" (which they emphatically claimed to be), they are now faced with scores of groups of people around the world who claim to represent the forces of Islam, and claim to be carrying out the wishes of The Prophet, while the vast majority of Muslims do not share their beliefs or support their actions.

If someone blows himself up, killing a hundred innocent bystanders, while screaming Allahu Akhbar!, how can you ignore the Muslim aspect of the act? And yet you don't want to associate all Muslims with the conduct that most Muslims abhor.

Without insulting the intelligence of the audience or ignoring reality, what do you call these criminals?

Terrorists.

Should we call it 'radical Islam'? - CNN.com

Ah. More liberals preaching to us. CNN says we can't say "radical Islam" anymore.

Their guy says saying "radical Islam" is like saying I want a "juicy steak". He says even though you add "juicy" the focus is on "steak" and doesn't differentiate between a juicy or dry steak so only steak is the focus.

Yeah....that's literally what he argued.

He says using harsh language towards ISIS is childish and likens it to boys being boys fueled by testosterone (yeah....evil stuff there in libland).

Insanity. Liberalism is pure insanity.

Something need to be labeled and distinguished from the rest of the crowd.
Islam can be all muslims. Radical, corrupt, misguided, gangs, thugs, insane violent islam means not the rest of the muslim world.
Streets gangs, beside being classified as gangs each have their own colors and labels. Why should the gang mentality of ISIS and other sunni jihadi type groups get no such distinction? If they are the enemy they need to be labeled as such. If muslims believe that to take a life is the same as killing all life, then these groups are not true muslims and need to be distinguished as separate. There are a hundred smaller groups but most fall under he blanket of al-qaida or ISIS. Eventually they will fight each other but for now they seek to find the great demon of the US and the west. It is a prestige thing that even he great dragon cannot defeat them so they are stronger and more righteous in their cause, they must be blessed by allah. It's propaganda crap, but it works for them. The west can flatten the land like Germany at during WWII but they can't kill the "Islamic cause" according to these groups or flush them all out of there hiding spots. Even killing a dozen leaders will not wipe them all out. If one group is eliminated another will emerge like a phoenix from the ashes. They don't care if we all bankrupt our countries, they believe they will prevail even if it takes a few centuries. In the end they will win and we will loose.

These are the types of people we are fighting against. Fanatics, zealots, fundamentalist radicals that are believers they are doing allah's will and will be rewarded in death.

We can fight them over there or suffer when they chose to fight us over here.

I read the article linked by the O. P. and I wonder how anyone could be so fucked up as to swallow this horseshit.

Here's an example for those of you who had sense enough to skip it:

"We must resist benighted overgeneralization -- which is hardwired into our cognition"

And he really did compare saying "Radical Muslim" to ordering a "Juicy Steak". Fuck him.

it's an opinion of someone on CNN....

Is it not PC for people to have differing opinions now?

Or is it only your opinion, that has freedom?

You are free to hold any opinion you want, and express it.

Others are free to hold any opinion they want, and express it.

See how this works?

Oh..no no no. See...i declared a safe space in my thread. So...only my opinion and those who agree with it are allowed mmmkay?

"Endeavor to persevere."

it's an opinion of someone on CNN....

Is it not PC for people to have differing opinions now?

Or is it only your opinion, that has freedom?

You are free to hold any opinion you want, and express it.

Others are free to hold any opinion they want, and express it.

See how this works?

Oh..no no no. See...i declared a safe space in my thread. So...only my opinion and those who agree with it are allowed mmmkay?

"Endeavor to persevere."

Bingo! :laugh2:

Forum List

Back