🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CNN-Thomas Jefferson Memorial Should be Removed

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
makes you wonder why those that support the traitorous flag are trying to rewrite history so that the secession of southern states an the subsequent civil war was not about slavery.

Well the Jefferson Memorial is the headquarters of the police state:

It's a shame the statues can't move and speak, as Jefferson would be horrified at the US government's contempt for freedom of speech and expression.
“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”
Thomas Jefferson

So, a CNN commentator suggested it. Who gives a shit? I certainly wouldn't support it.
they didn't suggest it. the segment was akin to "so some apologists are trying to throw up the straw man that removing the flag would be like removing the jefferson memorial. please explain why that's batshit insane."

there was no suggestion.
So, the op is even more faux butthurt than I thought
yep. whomever was interviewed before had brought up, off the air, that jefferson owned slaves and yet nobody was calling for the removal of the jefferson memorial, and that therefore anyone calling for the removal of the flag was some sort of hypocrite.

then she asked don lemon if that was a false equivalency. there was no suggestion to remove the memorial.

you have to be a special kind of stupid to believe there was.

It's starting the conversation though, and logically speaking, since Jefferson did own slaves it's practically a guarantee the conversation will begin to take place more and more.
nope. see, that was the point. jefferson wasn't perfect, but he was about more than just slavery. he played a vital roll in the founding of our nation.

the confederate flag is about slavery, bigotry, and treason. that's it.

trying to equate the two is something only slime trying to protect the flag of traitors would do.

The flag represented slavery. Jefferson was an actual slave owner, you can't get more pro-slavery than that. He was even fucking his female slaves, likely forcibly.
The point is, if you're going to remove the symbols of slavery, how can you then turn around and honor an actual owner of slaves ?

I'm looking at the natural procession of change, and if you're for the dismantling of everything that honored the practice of slavery, then government memorials to those who owned slaves are a natural target.

Jefferson's own words sink him.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

As a slave owner, Jefferson obviously meant for persons of color to be excluded from these rights.

The drumbeat for the removal of his government memorial will eventually come about.

they didn't suggest it. the segment was akin to "so some apologists are trying to throw up the straw man that removing the flag would be like removing the jefferson memorial. please explain why that's batshit insane."

there was no suggestion.
yep. whomever was interviewed before had brought up, off the air, that jefferson owned slaves and yet nobody was calling for the removal of the jefferson memorial, and that therefore anyone calling for the removal of the flag was some sort of hypocrite.

then she asked don lemon if that was a false equivalency. there was no suggestion to remove the memorial.

It's starting the conversation though, and logically speaking, since Jefferson did own slaves it's practically a guarantee the conversation will begin to take place more and more.
nope. see, that was the point. jefferson wasn't perfect, but he was about more than just slavery. he played a vital roll in the founding of our nation.

trying to equate the two is something only slime trying to protect the flag of traitors would do.

The flag represented slavery. Jefferson was an actual slave owner, you can't get more pro-slavery than that. He was even fucking his female slaves, likely forcibly.
The point is, if you're going to remove the symbols of slavery, how can you then turn around and honor an actual owner of slaves ?

I'm looking at the natural procession of change, and if you're for the dismantling of everything that honored the practice of slavery, then government memorials to those who owned slaves are a natural target.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

As a slave owner, Jefferson obviously meant for persons of color to be excluded from these rights.

The drumbeat for the removal of his government memorial will eventually come about.
If I was to be cynical, then removing Jefferson's Memorial is the first step to removing any evidence to the fact that America was a republic.

Every episode of "Moving On Up" must be destroyed and the network that initially aired the sitcom should be sued for microagressions.

The lead character's name was George JEFFERSON.

Talk about in-your-face racism.

George-And-Weezy.jpg

George and Louisa may have been descendants

there was no suggestion.

No other choice, but to dig him up and hang him

If I was to be cynical, then removing Jefferson's Memorial is the first step to removing any evidence to the fact that America was a republic.
Then the American Isis Party can rewite history to suit itself.

i disagree that it will. we'll have to wait and see.

do you agree that the cnn personality did not call for the removal of the jefferson memorial?

I agree she did not call for it, but bringing it up to compare his memorial with the controversy of the flag tells me there will be future references to the memorials of founders who also owned slaves.
Before long IMO there will be calls for removal of the memorials AT LEAST from government property.

I think someone has to change their name mmmmkay? President Clinton must give up his middle name. He can keep Blythe. JEFFERSON has to go!

That's the goal. Of that there is no doubt. And it won't stop there. The progressives are going to change America symbol by symbol. Much like the Taliban and ISIS destroying any and all historical monuments that doesn't fit their religious views, so will progressives.

Thomas Jefferson wrote the declaration of Independence, which clearly makes it invalid.
I guess this means we go back to being part of the UK.
Well, if the UK can absorb our debt, what the Hell, why not? BTW, if we're going to take this to it's logical conclusion, all us white folk should just get up and walk away from everything we own and let random non-white folk take their pick of the leavings. :thup:
Forty acres and a mule, right? :thup:
56865901.jpg

Every episode of "Moving On Up" must be destroyed and the network that initially aired the sitcom should be sued for microagressions.

The lead character's name was George JEFFERSON.

Talk about in-your-face racism.

George-And-Weezy.jpg
Washington and Jefferson did a lot more than just own their slaves, they pwned their slaves. :thup:

do you agree that the cnn personality did not call for the removal of the jefferson memorial?

I agree she did not call for it, but bringing it up to compare his memorial with the controversy of the flag tells me there will be future references to the memorials of founders who also owned slaves.
Before long IMO there will be calls for removal of the memorials AT LEAST from government property.
but you realize she didn't bring it up - not really. the guest that was on previously defending the flag brought it up as a straw man. he just didn't get to do it on camera.

but you realize she didn't bring it up - not really. the guest that was on previously defending the flag brought it up as a straw man. he just didn't get to do it on camera.

I'll take your word for it, I didn't see the entire segment.

She wouldn't have repeated it if she didn't think it had credence. She's just another left wing shill.

She wouldn't have repeated it if she didn't think it had credence. She's just another left wing shill.
she repeated it because she knew it didn't. she lobbed that one in there for don lemon to just destroy.

you're grasping at straws.

Next we have to deal with the thousands of counties named after Jefferson/Jackson/Lee,, ect. seriously, now the left will demand that all of these states change names of towns and counties?

she repeated it because she knew it didn't. she lobbed that one in there for don lemon to just destroy.

you're grasping at straws.
Something that absurd doesn't deserve further discussion unless it's not considered to be that absurd. You are excusing more media bias and fascism.

Forum List

Back