CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy?

And the dems controlled congress for 2 of Obamas 3 years.

What's your point?

IF you will agree that Obama inherited this mess from the previous occupant of the WH. And you will agree that Congress creates laws that impact businesses, and the GOP controlled Congress right up until the supposed tanking of our economy, you tell me?

The economy did not tank until after dems won control of the legislature.

Glad we could clear up your confusion.

OK, what laws did the Democratically controlled Congress pass that destroyed the economy? Specifically....

Fair enough. The GOP controlled Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office. Yes?

What's your point?

IF you will agree that Obama inherited this mess from the previous occupant of the WH. And you will agree that Congress creates laws that impact businesses, and the GOP controlled Congress right up until the supposed tanking of our economy, you tell me?

I agree with most of that but your leaving out 2 important parts.

Executive orders and regulations.

Things are not any better than they were. Many people and businesses are failing. When will you become reasonable and admit that obamas policies aren't working for the benefit of our economy? When is he responsible for our current situation? No one is blaming him for the crisis, but rather the lack of fixing the crisis as he promised he could in 3 years.

Thank you. Nuff said.

Yabut ...

... He was elected to find solutions to the problems, and he is doing a poor job.

might be because he gets blocked at every turn.
Hell they wont even let him fill the government postions

He had massive majorities in both chambers of Congress. His first two years were a reason why he didn't have massive majorities after 2010. The Tea Party exists because of Obama and the Democrats.

Besides, Clinton also faced a hostile Congress. Contrast how both Obama with Clinton performed, and its no wonder there are murmurings of discontent in the Democrat party.

What's your point?

Things are not any better than they were. Many people and businesses are failing. When will you become reasonable and admit that obamas policies aren't working for the benefit of our economy? When is he responsible for our current situation? No one is blaming him for the crisis, but rather the lack of fixing the crisis as he promised he could in 3 years.

I wholeheartedly agree that our economy hasn't even begun to turn around under Obama. However, I simply wanted to get the "Obama destroyed our economy meme" off the table, as the new link supports.

Can you elaborate?

Yes,

The only way he can get anything done is with the support of one party: Democrats.

Without a Dem. supermajority in congress, he is totally ineffective.

Let's be honest, shall we? Even WITH a supermajority, he was totally ineffective on Healthcare Reform....

He brought the bill back from the brink with one speech, that's not "totally inneffective".

Or are you bashing the bill that got passed itself...?

Stop with this bullshit.

By your very explanation Bush then bare's no blame either.

Just stop

Fair enough. The GOP controlled Congress for 6 of his 8 years in office. Yes?

What's your point?

Yeah, there are National Security Issues, Trade Issues, Economic Issues, always on the table. Environmental Issues need to be addressed, surely, but we don't slit our wrists on the World stage, in addressing them.

There are many things being done that will establish a better quality of life, all around. There is priority, Degree, to consider. There are World Powers content on passing us by, powers with an agenda much less friendly to Environmental Concerns. Totalitarian Lip Service is meaningless.

Yes,

The only way he can get anything done is with the support of one party: Democrats.

Let's be honest, shall we? Even WITH a supermajority, he was totally ineffective on Healthcare Reform....

He brought the bill back from the brink with one speech, that's not "totally inneffective".

I am bashing what he "promised" versus he "delivered". I am also bashinig the backroom deals he cut (which he promised not to do), in order to get a watered down version of what this country really needed.

I wholeheartedly agree that our economy hasn't even begun to turn around under Obama. However, I simply wanted to get the "Obama destroyed our economy meme" off the table, as the new link supports.
I don't think there is anyone with a brain blaming Obama for the crisis so isn't it pointless to argue about it?

Yes,

You act like the Bill is the solution. It is not. It puts Big Government, Big Pharmaceuticals, Big Insurance, Big Medical, Big Litigation, all in line at the same Buffet. It does nothing to address out of control cost of services. You are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The Buffet everyone is in line to get a piece of is Us.

So, Obama did WHAT, specifically? Doesn't Congress pass laws?

He signed Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)

Yeah? So?

You asked what he has done to harm the economy: Enacting Legislation that increases the costs of running a business during an economic disaster is more than stupid, it is irresponsible, and indicative of Obama's slavish devotion to party politics over national interests.

Sorry if you still don't get it, but I draw the line at drawing pictures for what I perceive to be semi-adults.

He made it worse.

Many of the economic problems can be traced back to Democrat passed laws (CRA) and policies/regulation when Democrats owned Congress under Bush.

So idiots that started this mess made it worse when they controlled both the White House and Congress.

Obama is Carter x 10 when it comes to stupidity and liberal extremism.

Yeah? So?

You asked what he has done to harm the economy: Enacting Legislation that increases the costs of running a business during an economic disaster is more than stupid, it is irresponsible, and indicative of Obama's slavish devotion to party politics over national interests.

Sorry if you still don't get it, but I draw the line at drawing pictures for what I perceive to be semi-adults.

I'm still waiting for the hard and fast numbers showing how much businesses have been hurt (P&L) by this legislation. I am not saying they do not exist, merely that I have not seen them.

The car is heading to a cliff, Obama floors the gas pedal, compounding the problem. Fail.

He made it worse.

Many of the economic problems can be traced back to Democrat passed laws (CRA) and policies/regulation when Democrats owned Congress under Bush.

So idiots that started this mess made it worse when they controlled both the White House and Congress.

Obama is Carter x 10 when it comes to stupidity and liberal extremism.

Got anything specific?

The car is heading to a cliff, Obama floors the gas pedal, compounding the problem. Fail.

More generalizations and debate zingers. Is your name Mitt, by any chance?

Deregulation of banks allowed for the destruction of the economy.

Only halfway true.

The firms responsible for the bulk of the problem were never regulated to begin with.

You could more aptly say "Failure to regulate quasi-banks allowed for the destruction of the economy."

Yeah? So?

I'm still waiting for the hard and fast numbers showing how much businesses have been hurt (P&L) by this legislation. I am not saying they do not exist, merely that I have not seen them.

What numbers would you like to see?

Frankly, you don't need to have a Harvard PhD in Economics and a 10 year CBO study to know that if businesses face increased costs based on their employee numbers, and sales are down, then they're not going to hire MORE employees.

The verdict:

False. The Obama administration's much-criticized efforts to revive the economy may not have lived up to their billing, but statistics show the bulk of the damage was done before he was sworn in.

Say it with me now...."Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh"

CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy? - CNN.com

The bureau found the recession officially ended in June 2009, five months after Obama took office.

And before a single stimulus dollar went out.

Meaning democrats suck big time. It was over and you guys still did nothing but waste money,.

If you define recession by the traditional definition, yes you're correct.

End of recession as traditionally defined doesn't equal restoration of the economy or end of suffering.

And for the last time - Your avy - Is that Wolfenstein?

Deregulation of banks allowed for the destruction of the economy.

Only halfway true.

The firms responsible for the bulk of the problem were never regulated to begin with.

You could more aptly say "Failure to regulate quasi-banks allowed for the destruction of the economy."

Wrong; Barney Frank was watching Fannie and Freddy like they were a tranny couple in Bangkok.

Yeah? So?

How much were the increases on business to keep their employees covered before this legislation was passed?

Have you already forgotten WHY we had to do something?

Forum List

Back