CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy?

Regulation by his assholes is one thing. The EPA shutdown Shell's big oil drilling project in Alaska after they invested millions.

The constant threats of raising the corporate tax rate, the constant threats of cap & trade, etc.

You are an idiot to not see how constant threats and real actions of picking and choosing which companies/industries are his buddies harms the economic growth in this country.

Companies have been harmed by his regulations and others are doing nothing to prevent getting targeted too....so they don't grow their companies with new investment.

Oh, let's not forget the Obamacare bullshit putting more long term costs on companies. Idiots like you didn't think that would harm the economy, forcing companies to pay for their employees healthcare...uh, they will hire less people.

He made it worse.

Many of the economic problems can be traced back to Democrat passed laws (CRA) and policies/regulation when Democrats owned Congress under Bush.

So idiots that started this mess made it worse when they controlled both the White House and Congress.

Obama is Carter x 10 when it comes to stupidity and liberal extremism.

Got anything specific?

So, you are one of those who believes there should be no EPA, and no oversight of big oil as they drill and dig? Look at what BP did in the gulf WITH apparent oversight in place?

No it doesnt. HIRING IS THE LAGGING INDICATOR IT IS OVER. However it has gotten worse without slipping into the double dip. Why is it this time? Policy..............

The avatar is just a guy at a pistol range. For some reason the annimation portion doesnt work here.

:confused: A guy at a pistol range? It's clearly a cartoon and not a real 'guy...' But I digress...

Are you suggesting that hiring plays into the definition that prompted you to say " the recession officially ended in June 2009?" If so, why has UE continued to rise since that time?
Do you understand the difference in reading avy and signature?

Then clarify your question....................

Yes, the avy, the little picture to the left of your name - The one that looks like Wolfenstein - Is not a cartoon? It fer sure does not look like a real live action shot to me.

so is it possible this is part of the "W-shaped" recovery that many spoke of a couple years ago? as opposed to a new recession?

I like to think of it as a "George W-shaped recovery."

Why? The only thing he was good at was sending our troops off to die in a snype hunt for WMD?

See what I mean?

All you need to do is mention George W and libs begin to whine like dogs on chains.:lol:

:confused: A guy at a pistol range? It's clearly a cartoon and not a real 'guy...' But I digress...

Are you suggesting that hiring plays into the definition that prompted you to say " the recession officially ended in June 2009?" If so, why has UE continued to rise since that time?

Yes, the avy, the little picture to the left of your name - The one that looks like Wolfenstein - Is not a cartoon? It fer sure does not look like a real live action shot to me.

It looks like Doom to me. Kinda fits Obamas fix's for our economy.

Dont know what wolfistein is. The avy is just an annimation of a rapid fire pistol shoot.

It looks like Doom to me. Kinda fits Obamas fix's for our economy.

That's the other thing I thought, Doom. Too dark for Wolfenstein.
doom1.jpg

Definately, look how similar the hand and gun are.

Last edited:
Idiot...

Obama goes on TV all the time threatening companies with more taxes and regulation, and the economy keeps getting worse. He then whines that they are not investing the money they have in the bank.

You should not be breathing if this is too tough for you.

Let's see, if your mother threatened to kick your ass if you opened the fridge to get some cookies...odds are you wouldn't open that fridge, but then again you are an idiot.

Regulation by his assholes is one thing. The EPA shutdown Shell's big oil drilling project in Alaska after they invested millions.

The constant threats of raising the corporate tax rate, the constant threats of cap & trade, etc.

You are an idiot to not see how constant threats and real actions of picking and choosing which companies/industries are his buddies harms the economic growth in this country.

Companies have been harmed by his regulations and others are doing nothing to prevent getting targeted too....so they don't grow their companies with new investment.

Oh, let's not forget the Obamacare bullshit putting more long term costs on companies. Idiots like you didn't think that would harm the economy, forcing companies to pay for their employees healthcare...uh, they will hire less people.

Got anything specific?

The best thing Republicans have in their favor is "imagination". They don't bother with facts, data or statistics because they have "threats" and "what if" and "imagination".

They imagined that Saddam was a threat. They imagined what Iraq would be like if they destroyed the Iraqi people's government. How'd that work out?

They imagine all the new jobs if corporations or rich people didn't pay taxes. How'd that work out?

They imagine what banks could do if deregulated. How'd that work out?

Republican Imagination, their most powerful weapon, scares the shit out of me. It always leads to disaster.

Dont know what wolfistein is. The avy is just an annimation of a rapid fire pistol shoot.

But you do realize it's animated, and not a picture of a real person, right?

So, Obama did WHAT, specifically? Doesn't Congress pass laws?

He appointed Progressive ideologues to head up the EPA and the Department of the Interior who then enforce new regulations without ever consulting Congress.

And these new regulations are unnecessary?

Well, let's examine what they did in response to the Deepwater Horizon spill.

Even though the well that caused the crisis was a deep water well, Ken Salazar at the Department of the Interior immediately enforced a moratorium on ALL new drilling in the Gulf Coast including shallow water platforms that have had a perfect safety record over the past twenty years. Then despite pleas from both Democratic and Republican politicians from the Gulf Coast, Salazar kept that moratorium in place for over six months, costing drilling companies millions of dollars and forcing the lay offs of tens of thousands of people in the Gulf Coast area. Only after oil prices spiked with people starting to pay over $4 a gallon for gas and with the Obama White House taking heat over the issue was the moratorium reluctantly lifted, at which point Salazar purposely slowed down the approval process so that getting approval to resume drilling dragged on and on while they ironed out the "process".

It's a 90's video game animation

He appointed Progressive ideologues to head up the EPA and the Department of the Interior who then enforce new regulations without ever consulting Congress.

And these new regulations are unnecessary?

Well, let's examine what they did in response to the Deepwater Horizon spill.

Even though the well that caused the crisis was a deep water well, Ken Salazar at the Department of the Interior immediately enforced a moratorium on ALL new drilling in the Gulf Coast including shallow water platforms that have had a perfect safety record over the past twenty years. Then despite pleas from both Democratic and Republican politicians from the Gulf Coast, Salazar kept that moratorium in place for over six months, costing drilling companies millions of dollars and forcing the lay offs of tens of thousands of people in the Gulf Coast area. Only after oil prices spiked with people starting to pay over $4 a gallon for gas and with the Obama White House taking heat over the issue was the moratorium reluctantly lifted, at which point Salazar purposely slowed down the approval process so that getting approval to resume drilling dragged on and on while they ironed out the "process".

But the report found no large increases in unemployment claims, thanks in part to a big hiring push for cleanup crews and massive spending by BP on the recovery effort.

Drilling Moratorium Hasn't Cost Any Jobs In The Gulf, Feds Say

I wholeheartedly agree that our economy hasn't even begun to turn around under Obama. However, I simply wanted to get the "Obama destroyed our economy meme" off the table, as the new link supports.

The car is heading to a cliff, Obama floors the gas pedal, compounding the problem. Fail.

More generalizations and debate zingers. Is your name Mitt, by any chance?

Multi tasking right now. Bottom line, Your Pick was Incompetent and unprepared out of the gate. Your Party out in La La Land for Nominating such an Imbecile in the first place. No offense. Catch you later, when I have more time, to talk you down. Until then stick with the Vitamin B-12. Ignore all of the Pixies except for the one named Stix. ;)

But you do realize it's animated, and not a picture of a real person, right?

Do I realize its animated after stating twice its an animation?

Why dont you fill in the blanks............................

Wolfenstein was one of the first, first-person video games. Since everyone can agree that Nazis are deplorable, they were the first human targets that kids got to shoot at on screen. (There's more to the plot than that, but yes the avatar DOES look a lot like Wolfenstein.) Duke Nuke 'Em went the other way....over the top kill everyone and make no excuses.

On the original topic...of course libs "Blame Booosh" too much and conservatives "Blame Boooosh" too little. That's the way of the world. Neither should ever delude themselves into thinking they can "win" this argument.

The tie does go to the runner though...to say that you can blame Obama for the majority of history is just stupid.

Last edited:
As well, my garage and work trailer aren't going to clean themselves Damnit. I have to go get the boy started on the lawn too. Catch yall later. Good thread

Forum List

Back