Coca-cola and salted peanuts?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This story popped up in my feed today...never heard of this "Southern Snack" before, but now I can't wait to try it.

It is traditional to add salt to an ice cold longneck in Missouri, but this is a new one on me.

Anyone else heard of it or tried it?

This story popped up in my feed today...never heard of this "Southern Snack" before, but now I can't wait to try it.

It is traditional to add salt to an ice cold longneck in Missouri, but this is a new one on me.

Try it. You will not be disappointed

Yes! Grew up in NW FL and it was a normal thing for people to add salted peanuts to coke. I was the black sheep - didn't care for it.

Yeah, it happens a lot in Georgia.

Barbara Mandrell sang a song about it.....

It is gross. I lived in the south for a long time and I never understood why anyone likes soggy peanuts.

I just tried it. Did nothing for me. I like my peanuts dry and my coke ice cold. I should add I am not supposed to drink coke. (phosphorus),

Yes, salted peanuts in Coke is a thing. So is RC Cola and a Moon Pie.

Peanuts in Coke is better.

After I tried it and did not like wet peanuts, I took some dry peanuts, chewed those and took a swig of coke but not a lot happened that I would repeat it. I will keep it the way it was :)

Used to be ordinary practice in South Carolina.

Forum List

Back