Cold Antarctic Bottom Water is warming up

You asked "Why are you here?"...so yes you did. Or what kind of answer were you expecting ?
I had to go back four pages to find the post you were talking about. The "why are you here" comment to post JGalt was in response to his statement that he would only respond if my posts were in the Conspiracy forum. That is, the "here" was this forum, not the world or life itself.

I had to go back four pages to find the post you were talking about. The "why are you here" comment to post JGalt was in response to his statement that he would only respond if my posts were in the Conspiracy forum. That is, the "here" was this forum, not the world or life itself.

I got that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Another piece of evidence that manmade global warming is slowing the ocean's overturning currents.
Actually it's another piece of evidence that the planet is in an interglacial period because this is what happens in an interglacial period. The planet warms up.

More and more consequences
You act like gulf stream switch off has never happened but the reality is that this has been posited as a trigger for triggering glacial periods of which there have been over 30 in the last 3 million years. In other words, it has nothing whatsoever to do with atmospheric CO2 and everything to do with the natural climate variations that have been occurring for the past 3 million years.

Another piece of evidence that manmade global warming is slowing the ocean's overturning currents. These currents are responsible for providing nutrients to the world's equatorial waters and buffering temperature extremes. Their collapse would be catastrophic for life on this planet.

Just read a research article on how microplastics are changing the heat indices of the ocean shore sands. As you know at low tide the massive exposure of sand is a major heat sink in the sunlight. When the tide rises over this hot sand it passes the heat energy to the ocean water. Significant increases in heat absorbed by this sand has been detected due to the presence of microplastics.

Jo

You act like gulf stream switch off has never happened but the reality is that this has been posited as a trigger for triggering glacial periods of which there have been over 30 in the last 3 million years. In other words, it has nothing whatsoever to do with atmospheric CO2 and everything to do with the natural climate variations that have been occurring for the past 3 million years.
So what you're saying is that instead of burning up we might just freeze.

I wonder why that ice might be melting and what effects it might have on, say, deep ocean overturning circulation
volcano activity on the ocean floor?

Just read a research article on how microplastics are changing the heat indices of the ocean shore sands. As you know at low tide the massive exposure of sand is a major heat sink in the sunlight. When the tide rises over this hot sand it passes the heat energy to the ocean water. Significant increases in heat absorbed by this sand has been detected due to the presence of microplastics.

Jo
Fucking ouch.

Forum List

Back