Cold Antarctic Bottom Water is warming up

Yes. Weather is driven by the thermal energy in the air and the oceans. As temperatures increase, the severity of weather will increase. There will be regional trends of differing sorts. Lots of rain in one region and droughts in another. I think one of the clearer signals is the speed with which hurricanes and typhoons can accelerate. Several over the past 2 or 3 years have gone from Cat 1 to Cat 4 in less than 24 hours. The National Hurricane Center is modifying their storm predictions for this season due to the insane sea surface temperatures appearing in the Atlantic. I would prepare to see some really scary storms. Hopefully, the El Nino will keep them off the Florida coast, but further up the seaboard and Nova Scotia could have a really rough season this year and the next.
I thought so. I live in the Northeast and we've had entire towns under water from floods. I've never seen anything like this before. This shit ain't normal.

The climate is changed, were all gonna die. Raise taxes! Damn the torpedos! Flank speed!
I hope you didn't think that was going to change things.

Just a thought off the top of my head, but the drawdown of the world's overturning currents may well be part and parcel of the astounding warming the planet's oceans are currently experiencing. Those currents push cold, nutrient-rich polar waters up into the equatorial flows in both oceans. A 30% slowdown in that flow is certainly going to have some effects on water temperature.

I hope you didn't think that was going to change things.

Just a thought off the top of my head, but the drawdown of the world's overturning currents may well be part and parcel of the astounding warming the planet's oceans are currently experiencing. Those currents push cold, nutrient-rich polar waters up into the equatorial flows in both oceans. A 30% slowdown in that flow is certainly going to have some effects on water temperature.
Astounding...lol

the penguins haven't been prospering? The sea lions, the whales? hmmmmmmmmm you're amazing.
Penguins, sea lions and whales and thousands of other species will die of starvation if the overturning current collapses.

Let's go out in the middle of equatorial ocean, either one. The water is thousands of feet deep. Land is thousands of miles away. Yet there are fish present. What are they eating? Smaller fish, of course. And what are those smaller fish eating? Even smaller fish of course? And what are the smallest of fish eating? Zooplankton of course. And what are the zooplankton eating? Phytoplankton of course. And what are the phytoplankton eating? Mineral nutrients brought to the surface by the upwelling overturning currents.

Penguins, sea lions and whales and thousands of other species will die of starvation if the overturning current collapses.

Let's go out in the middle of equatorial ocean, either one. The water is thousands of feet deep. Land is thousands of miles away. Yet there are fish present. What are they eating? Smaller fish, of course. And what are those smaller fish eating? Even smaller fish of course? And what are the smallest of fish eating? Zooplankton of course. And what are the zooplankton eating? Phytoplankton of course. And what are the phytoplankton eating? Mineral nutrients brought to the surface by the upwelling overturning currents.
and nothing is happening to the eco system.

We know what they're Feeding you.

Just tell me you don’t know anything about it
I know enough to recognize valid science when I see it. I know enough to understand what slowing or stopping the overturning currents will do to life on this planet.

Forum List

Back