Colin Kaepernick 49er QB refuses to stand for the National Anthem

Idealism rarely motivated people to fight, especially in large numbers for a long time.

American nationalism is what won the above examples.

It wasn't idealism. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Are you saying there was no motivation for revenge after Pearl Harbor, that it was nationalism? Is that what you are saying? Really?

The reason that people from the midwest, or the american south, or the north eastern states, cared about people in Hawaii, being bombed was because of NATIONALISM.

They were seen as fellow national citizens, thus the desire for revenge for something that happened to other people far away.

And yes, that is what I am saying. Save your rhetorical drama for someone that cares.

It was the desire of empires for more land that made Europe the powder keg that that spark set off.

Your are against Nationalism today, because American nationalism is a problem for the lefty agenda.

No, it was Serbian nationalism.

Um,no. I've never been a great fan of nationalism. Even within my own country. It's not even a US issue. It's an issue, period.

Yeah, you said, that.

And I pointed out that a spark is not a danger unless there is a powder keg for it to set off.

And then you just repeated your initial assertion without addressing my point at all.

That is the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion and your point is invalid.

My stands.

The attention-whore, has-been of a quarterback millionaire who grew up in "white privilege" to whatever extent such a thing exists knows his football career is running out like the last few squares of a roll of TP, so he's trying to set himself up as a big mouth something else.

Is someone who grew up in "white privilege" allowed to object to the treatment of blacks or only allowed to spout "all lives matter"?

He has the right to talk, he just personally has not walked.

The attention-whore, has-been of a quarterback millionaire who grew up in "white privilege" to whatever extent such a thing exists knows his football career is running out like the last few squares of a roll of TP, so he's trying to set himself up as a big mouth something else.

Is someone who grew up in "white privilege" allowed to object to the treatment of blacks or only allowed to spout "all lives matter"?

He's "allowed" to say whatever he wants. He is also "allowed" to be ridiculed for the washed-up, hypocrite loser that he is.

Jason Whitlock: Think Kaepernick Is Quitting Football

For the past year-and-a-half, he’s really struggled. I think this is his way out of football. He doesn’t want to deal with the pressure and burden of being a football player anymore. As his career has fallen apart, he’s become more bitter, and now I think he’s in some ways blaming race and racism for his failure and he’s fallen into this hole of Twitter information, which is very shallow.

Jason Whitlock: Think Kaepernick Is Quitting Football

It was the desire of empires for more land that made Europe the powder keg that that spark set off.

Your are against Nationalism today, because American nationalism is a problem for the lefty agenda.

Um,no. I've never been a great fan of nationalism. Even within my own country. It's not even a US issue. It's an issue, period.

Yeah, you said, that.

And I pointed out that a spark is not a danger unless there is a powder keg for it to set off.

And then you just repeated your initial assertion without addressing my point at all.

My stands.

KI said what? That WW1 Was due to Serbian nationalism? Yeah I did. And? The powder keg was Serbs wanting their own independence - ie Nationalism.

Of course I addressed your point. I said I am against Nationalism period. Not just American.

The reason that people from the midwest, or the american south, or the north eastern states, cared about people in Hawaii, being bombed was because of NATIONALISM.

They were seen as fellow national citizens, thus the desire for revenge for something that happened to other people far away.
And yes, that is what I am saying. Save your rhetorical drama for someone that cares.

BS. Hawaii wasn't even a state then. They fought because they were attacked. Nationalism might have been in the mix somewhere but it wasn't the main reason at all. Revenge was the main emotion of the day

Your claim that nationalism is equivalent to fascism is disproved by the actual definitions of the words. DId you know that the Nazis used government programs? And gun control? And Central planning? And Diplomacy?
YOur implication that nationalism or patriotism is illegitimate because "they were used by two dictators" is dishonest and misleading, because you ignore the vast number of OTHER tools that they used.

You are against nationalism today, because AMERICAN NATIONALISM is a problem for your agenda.

Nationalism can lead to fascism. I wouldn't put them on the same footing. And yes, there were other elements, too. I never denied them. You seem to think that when you are discussing one subject (in this case Nationalism) that all other subjects are off the table. They're not, and I've never said otherwise.

And where have I said they were illigitimate? I havent

No, I reiterate, Nationalism in general is a problem. NOT just American. You're not that special.

Last edited:

He's "allowed" to say whatever he wants. He is also "allowed" to be ridiculed for the washed-up, hypocrite loser that he is.

Chip Kelly saying he doesn't have a right to tell Kaepernick what to do because of free speech is incorrect. Someone's right to free speech isn't one that allows them to do things at a place of employment because they have that right. The 1st amendment right is one which protects people from the government fining, jailing, etc. when you do.

Yeah, you said, that.

My stands.

KI said what? That WW1 Was due to Serbian nationalism? Yeah I did. And? The powder keg was Serbs wanting their own independence - ie Nationalism.

Of course I addressed your point. I said I am against Nationalism period. Not just American.

Serbian nationalism was the spark.

The powder was a continent of empires wanting more land.

WWI was far more about imperialism than nationalism.

BS. Hawaii wasn't even a state then. They fought because they were attacked. Nationalism might have been in the mix somewhere but it wasn't the main reason at all. Revenge was the main emotion of the day

THe only reason that the rest of America cared about the people killed in Hawaii was because they were fellow Americans.

If not for that, Imperial Japan would have ruled China for decades. Imagine the horror.

YOu have American Nationalism to thank for that being avoided.

Your claim that nationalism is equivalent to fascism is disproved by the actual definitions of the words. DId you know that the Nazis used government programs? And gun control? And Central planning? And Diplomacy?
YOur implication that nationalism or patriotism is illegitimate because "they were used by two dictators" is dishonest and misleading, because you ignore the vast number of OTHER tools that they used.

You are against nationalism today, because AMERICAN NATIONALISM is a problem for your agenda.

Nationalism can lead to fascism. I wouldn't put them on the same footing. And yes, there were other elements, too. I never denied them. You seem to think that when you are discussing one subject (in this case Nationalism) that all other subjects are off the table. They're not, and I've never said otherwise.

And where have I said they were illigitimate? I havent

No, I reiterate, Nationalism in general is a problem. NOT just American. You're not that special.

When you attack Nationalism while never mentioning the other elements you are the one implying that there is "one subject".

American Nationalism is in no danger of leading to fascism.

It has caused problems for your lefty agenda in the past, and that is why you hate it.

Colin Kaepernick Castro T-shirt is ignorant of facts, insulting

Colin Kaepernick has some homework to do on the road to becoming a Social Warrior.

Go to Google and type in the words “Fidel Castro” “dictator” and “human rights.”

Our good friends at Wikipedia tells us that “human rights in Cuba are under the scrutiny of Human Rights Watch, who accuse the Cuban government of systematic human rights abuses, including arbitrary imprisonment, unfair trials, and extrajudicial execution.”

So maybe Kaepernick may want to reconsider wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt to a press conference explaining why he refused to stand for the National Anthem before a game, protest injustice in this country.
Colin Kaepernick Castro T-shirt is ignorant of facts, insulting

THe only reason that the rest of America cared about the people killed in Hawaii was because they were fellow Americans.

If not for that, Imperial Japan would have ruled China for decades. Imagine the horror.

No, you have Japan bombing Pearl Harbor to 'thank' for the US being involved in WWII.

When you attack Nationalism while never mentioning the other elements you are the one implying that there is "one subject".

American Nationalism is in no danger of leading to fascism.

It has caused problems for your lefty agenda in the past, and that is why you hate it.

I never said American nationalism was going to lead to fascism. You made that jump. I was talking nationalism in general.

I don't think it is has caused any problems for any political agenda. I'm not even relating nationalism to ANY political ideal. You are.
BTW, I'm about a much a 'leftie' as you are a communist.

Yeah, you said, that.

My stands.

Serbian nationalism was the spark.

The powder was a continent of empires wanting more land.

WWI was far more about imperialism than nationalism.

No, not really.

No, you have Japan bombing Pearl Harbor to 'thank' for the US being involved in WWII.

fdr was going to get us into that war one way or another.

Forum List

Back