Colin Kaepernick 49er QB refuses to stand for the National Anthem

The reason that people from the midwest, or the american south, or the north eastern states, cared about people in Hawaii, being bombed was because of NATIONALISM.

They were seen as fellow national citizens, thus the desire for revenge for something that happened to other people far away.
And yes, that is what I am saying. Save your rhetorical drama for someone that cares.

BS. Hawaii wasn't even a state then. They fought because they were attacked. Nationalism might have been in the mix somewhere but it wasn't the main reason at all. Revenge was the main emotion of the day

THe only reason that the rest of America cared about the people killed in Hawaii was because they were fellow Americans.

If not for that, Imperial Japan would have ruled China for decades. Imagine the horror.

YOu have American Nationalism to thank for that being avoided.

Things between the US and Japan were likely to come to a head sooner or later. Sooner just fit fdr's interests.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-30-at-10.30.04-PM.png

ESPN has reported CK's momma is pissed and has called him out for not standing.

You KNOW you done wrong when yo momma calls you out in front of the whole world.

:p

THe only reason that the rest of America cared about the people killed in Hawaii was because they were fellow Americans.

If not for that, Imperial Japan would have ruled China for decades. Imagine the horror.

No, you have Japan bombing Pearl Harbor to 'thank' for the US being involved in WWII.

YOu have American Nationalism to thank for that being avoided

The reason that people from the midwest, or the american south, or the north eastern states, cared about people in Hawaii, being bombed was because of NATIONALISM.

They were seen as fellow national citizens, thus the desire for revenge for something that happened to other people far away.
And yes, that is what I am saying. Save your rhetorical drama for someone that cares.

BS. Hawaii wasn't even a state then. They fought because they were attacked. Nationalism might have been in the mix somewhere but it wasn't the main reason at all. Revenge was the main emotion of the day

Things between the US and Japan were likely to come to a head sooner or later. Sooner just fit fdr's interests.

True.

But American nationalism was a big part of what enabled him to do so, AND to continue the fight despite horrible losses.

That American nationalism is under attack today, the nation intentionally divided.

No, you have Japan bombing Pearl Harbor to 'thank' for the US being involved in WWII.

ESPN has reported CK's momma is pissed and has called him out for not standing.

You KNOW you done wrong when yo momma calls you out in front of the whole world.

:p
UH oh. Momma done got the case of the ass!

He only reason that the rest of America cared about the people killed in Hawaii was because they were fellow Americans.

You can oppress me as long as you'd like for paying me $20M a year to play a game.

Hours after Pro Football Talk took note of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sitting during the national anthem before Friday’s preseason game against the Green Bay Packers, the QB spoke out and explained it was a protest.

Here’s what he told NFL.com’s Steve Wyche:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

The Niners also issued a statement on Kaepernick’s decision — it’s also worth noting this wasn’t the first time this preseason that he’s sat:

“The National Anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem.”

Keep reading…
His reasoning is what I question. You will never convince me that the majority of bodies in the streets are from law abiding citizens or unarmed thugs. There are more white people killed by cops than other races. The difference is you don't see white people protesting and burning their own neighborhoods. If you are a criminal, you deserve punishment. If you threaten a cop, you will die. There are bad cops, they need to be held accountable. Too many protesters are spreading a broad brush by blaming all cops for the few bad ones. Kaepernick was raised by white people, he certainly isn't oppressed with his millions of dollars.

If you are a criminal, you deserve punishment. If you threaten a cop, you will die. There are bad cops, they need to be held accountable. Too many protesters are spreading a broad brush by blaming all cops for the few bad ones. Kaepernick was raised by white people, he certainly isn't oppressed with his millions of dollars.
I AGREE with your statements i clipped above.
However, Colin is not concerned about himself; he's disturbed about the problems of the much less fortunate and the unfair treatment they often get.
He wants what Trump wants, i.e., "Let's make America great again" ... but for everyone, not just the rich & powerful.

Forum List

Back