Colin Kaepernick 49er QB refuses to stand for the National Anthem

Seems like the bigger you are, the bigger your assholes are.

In Canada we never burn our flag. We stand, respectfully, when it is being played. Hell we even try to sing it without stylized screeching and modulations. You know, just from the heart.

I am offended when an American defies American traditions, just as I would be offended if a Canadian defied Canadian traditions.

Has to do with common decency.

I don't agree with flag burning either. I just think nationalism is over rated. No good ever comes from it.

Nationalism was an honored sentiment in 1945. In 1960. In 2001. And sometimes before and after that little incident in the Ford theater. And let us not forget the Boston Tea Party.

Over rated? Really? No good ever comes from it?

If my country is, in fact better than your country, and if I say that my country is better than your country, and if you call that fascist, then feel free and call me a fascist.

I have been called worse than that by better people than you. Words, whatever they are, only "hurt" idiots, who are too stupid to think for themselves.

No. I said it is 'akin to and leads to'. Not is. And you prove my point. I can't think of one good reason why you would need to tell me that other than to feel good about yourself. And if your skin is that thin, then I feel sorry for you.

Words only hurt idiots? Right. So you're quite happy to go up to any soldier who's lost a friend in combat and tell him his fallen friend deserved it. See how much of an idiot that guy turns out to be.

What you see is poor black people, perhaps criminals. What you think you see is often what you've decided to tell yourself with your own interpretation.

What you can't see is what has been keeping black people down ever since they arrived in the US.

What I HEAR is people more interested in paying for pot and cracked rather than keeping their utilities on. People AMAZED that they are expected to pay their bills and who can't understand why a $7,000 bill would be cause for shutoff. "Wut? Don't welfare pay dat sheet? I gots to pay dat?"

If they don't like this country go back to Africa or the Caribbean.

There are people like that. There are people not like that. There are white people, Hispanic people, black people, males, females, old, young who are like that, and also not like that.

What you're saying is something else.
Yes. This happens just as often in Scandinavian countries without a 13% black population.

No, no it doesn't.

Yes it does. You think Scandinavia is just a happy clappy place?

However the difference between Scandinavia and other European countries is that the people vote in politicians to work for the people, and the politicians work for the people.

There are people like that. There are people not like that. There are white people, Hispanic people, black people, males, females, old, young who are like that, and also not like that.

We get to see the location (town) and customer first names on these calls. They're almost always from highly minority communities, with names like Dequan, Shanequa, and DeAndre. Very few John Smiths from suburban or rural areas.

How the hell do you rack up $7-12,000 in a gas or electric bill? That's not a 2 month issue.

Nationalism was an honored sentiment in 1945. In 1960. In 2001. And sometimes before and after that little incident in the Ford theater. And let us not forget the Boston Tea Party.

It also led to WW1 and WW2...

What you see is poor black people, perhaps criminals. What you think you see is often what you've decided to tell yourself with your own interpretation.

What you can't see is what has been keeping black people down ever since they arrived in the US.

What I HEAR is people more interested in paying for pot and cracked rather than keeping their utilities on. People AMAZED that they are expected to pay their bills and who can't understand why a $7,000 bill would be cause for shutoff. "Wut? Don't welfare pay dat sheet? I gots to pay dat?"

Yes. This happens just as often in Scandinavian countries without a 13% black population.

No, no it doesn't.

However the difference between Scandinavia and other European countries is that the people vote in politicians to work for the people, and the politicians work for the people.
Yes, they have a purer version of democracy.

And fewer black people.

Seems like the bigger you are, the bigger your assholes are.

In Canada we never burn our flag. We stand, respectfully, when it is being played. Hell we even try to sing it without stylized screeching and modulations. You know, just from the heart.

I am offended when an American defies American traditions, just as I would be offended if a Canadian defied Canadian traditions.

Has to do with common decency.

I don't agree with flag burning either. I just think nationalism is over rated. No good ever comes from it.

There can be good, and there can be lots of bad. It helps cover the cracks in governments and their policies, it makes them more likely to go to war and things like that. Mostly bad.

Yeah yeah yeah, you tell us. Why shouldn't we feel good about ourselves? Don't you like feeling good about yourself? If not what is wrong with you? America is so fucking shitty millions are breaking in. Why?

People don't like braggards. One reason Trump is so unpopular.
Just the way it is. Of course I like feeling good about myself. I just don't feel the need to shove it down everybody else's throat.

Lots of people breaking into Europe, and Australia...and Canada...

Yeah yeah yeah, you tell us. Why shouldn't we feel good about ourselves? Don't you like feeling good about yourself? If not what is wrong with you? America is so fucking shitty millions are breaking in. Why?

Just the way it is. Of course I like feeling good about myself. I just don't feel the need to shove it down everybody else's throat.

Yeah yeah yeah, you just like telling us you are better than us. We get it.

Sounds like someone wants to be traded from the 49ers.
Asshole.

Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

NFL QB Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

Maybe someday he can proclaim, as Michelle did, that for the first time in his life he's proud of his country...or maybe not. It's funny that he thinks people would really give a fuck about his opinion, and his desperate attempt to garner some attention.

No, it's not.

Yeah it is. You neocon-type Yanks love to feel good about yourselves. You need to be the loudest in the room. In the world. You love to be noticed. You are forever dying to tell everybody how great you are. All that does is lead to resentment. The word's 'quiet achiever' are not in the neocon Yank lexicon. Trump being a classic example.
Brazil was fun. Have a nice day!
image.jpeg

Yeah yeah yeah, you just like telling us you are better than us. We get it.

BTW, where have I said the US is shitty? No, I don't think we are any better or worse than you. We have bad and good stuff, too.

image.jpeg
This dude dosen't make millions. He stands to honor this country. But for him old dumb ass Colin would not have his first amendment rights. This is what it's all about.

No, no it doesn't.

Yes, they have a purer version of democracy.

And fewer black people.

And so you decide that it's the black people that causes all the problems, and not the political thinking. Why is that?

If my country is, in fact better than your country, and if I say that my country is better than your country, and if you call that fascist, then feel free and call me a fascist.

I have been called worse than that by better people than you. Words, whatever they are, only "hurt" idiots, who are too stupid to think for themselves.

No. I said it is 'akin to and leads to'. Not is. And you prove my point. I can't think of one good reason why you would need to tell me that other than to feel good about yourself. And if your skin is that thin, then I feel sorry for you.

Words only hurt idiots? Right. So you're quite happy to go up to any soldier who's lost a friend in combat and tell him his fallen friend deserved it. See how much of an idiot that guy turns out to be.

It also led to WW1 and WW2...

The years I mentioned signaled the END of the conflicts you refer to. I would have mentioned the year the WWI ended but I was not sure which year it was. I am not that old.

Nationalism is pride in your country.

For the record, I am proud of myself, but I am pretty humble about it.

Forum List

Back