Colin Powell Exposed!

d. And, of course, but Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain were slandered with racist stereotypes. “"In the eyes of the liberal media, Herman Cain is just another uppity black American who has had the audacity to leave the liberal plantation. So they must destroy him, just as they tried destroying Clarence Thomas," wrote Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center.” Conservatives compare Cain to Clarence Thomas

Because Brent Bozell says so?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Maybe you can start quoting Phyllis Shafly next, so we can all laugh some more!

d. And, of course, but Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain were slandered with racist stereotypes. “"In the eyes of the liberal media, Herman Cain is just another uppity black American who has had the audacity to leave the liberal plantation. So they must destroy him, just as they tried destroying Clarence Thomas," wrote Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center.” Conservatives compare Cain to Clarence Thomas

!

Notice how in the above, Bozell manufactures the liberal media attack on Herman Cain,

and then he attacks his own creation.

Classic strawman.

!

Notice how in the above, Bozell manufactures the liberal media attack on Herman Cain,

and then he attacks his own creation.

Classic strawman.
...and PoliticalChic fell for it. Again.

That would require that you, and the rest of the clowns here, admit that Iraq had no WMD's.

Will you do that? Will they?

Actually I don't have to do anything. You do.

Colin Powell used whatever intel he had and presented it to the UN for the Bush Administration. He's doing the same thing now for Obama. He may be full of shit. He's already assumed to be full of shit when it comes to wmds. Why not now?

So you are accusing Powell about lying about something even though you believe he told the truth.

That's a bit demented, isn't it?

I'm not the one calling him a liar.

Powell is simply repeating his boss's claims. This time you chose to believe him. If he was a liar before why isn't he now?

I'm not the two-faced SFB here.

Why are conservatives so afraid of Colin Powell?

Most conservatives like myself love and respect the man. He is free to change parties, but we are upset with some of his recent dishonesty. He should be honest and say the reason he supports Obama is because of the color of his skin. He should not play the race card on false pretenses like he did.

That said, because of his service to my country, I give him a pass and still hold him up in high esteems. He is an American Hero!

Colin Powell used whatever intel he had and presented it to the UN for the Bush Administration. He's doing the same thing now for Obama. He may be full of shit. He's already assumed to be full of shit when it comes to wmds. Why not now?

So you are accusing Powell about lying about something even though you believe he told the truth.

Powell is simply repeating his boss's claims. This time you chose to believe him. If he was a liar before why isn't he now?

Sometimes people lie, sometimes they tell the truth.

I'm going to guess that at some time in your wretched life you have told a lie. Does that render you incapable of ever again telling the truth?

And while we're at it, when did I ever say I now have absolute faith that everything Colin Powell ever says again is the truth?

Don't you just love how the Republican's eat their own?

Once upon a time, Colin Powell was the poster child for the GOP. A war hero, Secretary of State and prospective GOP Presidential candidate.

Then...he dared to stray from the official party ideology, refused to tow the party's extremist line, and now suddenly he's the devil incarnate, ranking right behind Barack Obama as the epitome of pure evil.

Group think and mass hysteria will be the downfall of the GOP if you moron's don't suddenly develop some basic intelligence.

I don't think it's all that. Powell thinks he can get away with calling us racists. Well then screw him.

Btw, you're forgetting all of the shit you folks on the left threw at Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, and Herman Cain.

He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Yeah - we highlighted their comments and remarks to prove they were not qualified.

Sure you did.

The following quotes are taken from the November 1996 issue of EMERGE magazine. They were published in an article entitled “Supreme Insult” by George Curry and Trevor Coleman.

“EDITOR’S NOTE (by George Curry):

I apologize. Exactly three years ago, we ran a cover illustration of U. S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, resplendent with an Aunt Jemima-like handkerchief on his head. In retrospect, we were far too benevolent. Hence, this month’s cover with Clarence appropriately attired as a lawn jockey. Even our latest depiction is too compassionate for a person who has done so much to turn back the clock on civil rights...During slavery, the lawn jockeys on plantations were used to let other owners know when a slave had escaped. According to slave narrative, a lantern would be placed in the jockey’s hand and would remain there as long as the escaped slave remained free. Now you know why there’s a lantern in Clarence’s hand on our cover. That’s Clarence Thomas--he’ll leave a light on for you.

Colin Powell saw first hand the fuckups of the Bush administration in "post" war Iraq.
He wanted the Bush administration TO LISTEN TO THE ADVICE OF THE MILITARY.
They ignored him and his "you break it, you own it" advice which turned out to be correct.
Lt. General Jay Garner was dismissed and the dumb ass political hack Paul Bremer was put in charge of the Coalition Provisional Authority CPA.
And under Bremer the hiring requirements for the citizens to run the dozens of departments set up under it consisted of what potential applicants' views were on abortion and other such right wing nonsense.
And it went down from there when they left the entire Iraqi police force and Republican Guard on their own for reprisals from the Sunnis and all hell broke loose.
Just as Powell and all the US military commanders on the ground had predicted.
The next day the first American soldier was killed by an IED and over 100,000 heavily armed Republican Guard and former police officers were fighting against us.

I'm going to guess that at some time in your wretched life you have told a lie. Does that render you incapable of ever again telling the truth?

And while we're at it, when did I ever say I now have absolute faith that everything Colin Powell ever says again is the truth?
Myopic much?

Who is currently Powell's boss?

Sndra Fluke is an intelligent woman?

scared of her? LOL you fool

Yeah...more like terrified of her. She represents the future. There doesn't seem to be a place in that future for the current amalgamation of the GOP. That is sad...I don't mean that in terms of the state of the party...it's sad that independents don't have a choice of viable national parties.

Terrified of a mouthpiece that was used for nothing other than to spew lies?
What lie did she spew? I have to admit that I didn't follow her much after her congressional testimony so maybe I can learn something here.
Just wait until the day she actually wakes up and sees it. Will she have the guts to confront those using her or will she just slink into the sunset, head down, hoping no one notices?
I don't know what you're talking about and, chances are, neither do you.

In my context Sandra Fluke is a representative of what scares the GOP; women who evaluate the facts and think for themselves. The GOP has little to offer this growing and influential group.

That is why you're terrified and call her a slut.

If we were to be in court Powell would be called a tainted witness.
And fyi, my life isn't wretched. I like the way things are. You assholes are the ones trying to change it.

Yeah...more like terrified of her. She represents the future. There doesn't seem to be a place in that future for the current amalgamation of the GOP. That is sad...I don't mean that in terms of the state of the party...it's sad that independents don't have a choice of viable national parties.

Terrified of a mouthpiece that was used for nothing other than to spew lies?
What lie did she spew? I have to admit that I didn't follow her much after her congressional testimony so maybe I can learn something here.
Just wait until the day she actually wakes up and sees it. Will she have the guts to confront those using her or will she just slink into the sunset, head down, hoping no one notices?
I don't know what you're talking about and, chances are, neither do you.

In my context Sandra Fluke is a representative of what scares the GOP; women who evaluate the facts and think for themselves. The GOP has little to offer this growing and influential group.

TèrrThat is why you're terrified and call her a slut.

Terrified by a liar like Flucke?

Yeah right.

I like the way things are. You assholes are the ones trying to change it.

I bet that's exactly what Conservative, loyalist colonists said to our Liberal Founding Fathers!
thumbsup.gif
Unfortunately for your vapid theory, conservative George Washington fixed up their unity issue, and they all got religion after hearing his conservative, pro-troop sermon/speeches. :muahaha:

If we were to be in court Powell would be called a tainted witness.

It wasn't his fault he was born Black.

Get over it.

Forum List

Back