Collective bargaining "rights"??

Wasn't it the Right who was all for democracy until Hamas won the election?

Gaza did not have a functioning 2 party system with strong civic institutions, so Bush pushing for elections at that time before one was developed was a mistake.

But I see you're another fraudalent human rights supporter / progressive who's pretending to support democracy and civil rights for arab muslims - but really thinks they are subhumans undeserving of it. So the truth is that so-called progressives prefer to keep arab muslims down in dictatorships while still blaming the US for supporting bad leaders.

Hilarious how fucking stupid the left is - they attack the US for defending dictatorships - then do so again when the US tries to instill free and fair elections.

In 2011 it REALLY sucks for anyone trying to be liberal, you are literally surrounded by some of the fucking least intelligent, unsuccessful people around. :(

By saying you and they have the same right to unionize and collectively bargain?

Are facts important to you?

States would not have needed to pass bills granting public employees the right to form unions if such a fundamental "right" already existed in the US Cons, nor would it have been necessary during the Carter admin to pass a federal law in the 70s to do the same... :eusa_whistle:

Just about every headline I have read about the proposed budget changes in Wisconsin mentions Collective Bargaining "rights". I am NOT the sharpest tack in the box, and after extensive Google searches, can find no LAW that stipulates such rights. What am I missing?

Wisconsin passed a law in 1959 giving the public sector employees bargaining rights.

(I'm looking for the text of it)

And they want to change the law? So what?

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

freedom of assembly

You can not tell Americans they can not get together and talk.

When they get together and talk they can deside to join forces and stick together to acheive a collective goal.

How anyone can think a group of any Americans can be told who they are allowed to group with is beyond me.

That, believe it or not, has nothing to do with collective bargaining. Take away collective bargaining and they will still be able to associate.

Wasn't it the Right who was all for democracy until Hamas won the election?

Gaza did not have a functioning 2 party system with strong civic institutions, so Bush pushing for elections at that time before one was developed was a mistake.

Fuck a two-party system

America's two-party system is a big part of the reason we never see meaningful change.
But I see you're another fraudalent human rights supporter / progressive who's pretending to support democracy and civil rights for arab muslims - but really thinks they are subhumans undeserving of it.
What are you babbling about?
So the truth is that so-called progressives

When have I never described myself as a progressive?
Hilarious how fucking stupid the left is - they attack the US for defending dictatorships - then do so again when the US tries to instill free and fair elections.

It was the Right who decided they didn't like democracy anymore after Hamas won, you dolt

That's why the Right doesn't really want democracy in Egypt- they're afraid the Brotherhood might get votes

By saying you and they have the same right to unionize and collectively bargain?

States would not have needed to pass bills granting public employees the right to form unions if such a fundamental "right" already existed in the US Cons, nor would it have been necessary during the Carter admin to pass a federal law in the 70s to do the same... :eusa_whistle:

So nobody had rights before the Constitution was signed? COTUS and the people who wrote it disagree.

Don't be silly. There would have been no need for an emancipation proclamation if the fundamental right to be free were not in the constitution. But there it is.

Fuck a two-party system America's two-party system is a big part of the reason we never see meaningful change.

Uh, but the parliamentary systems like israel, italy, and other nations with lots of gridlock, via minority, one-issue parties holding everyone hostage is better? Fortunately our founding fathers in their wisdom beyond your understanding, recognized the potential issue of having multiple parties...

What are you babbling about?

Fake human rights-demanding twits like you screeching at the US for supporting dictators, then attacking the US for allowing islamic fascists the right to run in elections.

It was the Right who decided they didn't like democracy anymore after Hamas won, you dolt

And the leftist trash like you tries to pass the election results as a Bush admin failure - after these fucking hypocritical scumbags railed against him and the US gov't for sustaining undemocratic regimes in the ME. Leftist trash wants it both ways...

Last edited:
Republicans would rather go after teachers and other public employees than have us look at the pay of Wall Street traders, private-equity managers, and heads of hedge funds – many of whom wouldn’t have their jobs today were it not for the giant taxpayer-supported bailout, and most of whose lending and investing practices were the proximate cause of the Great Depression to begin with.

Last year, America’s top thirteen hedge-fund managers earned an average of $1 billion each. One of them took home $5 billion. Much of their income is taxed as capital gains – at 15 percent – due to a tax loophole that Republican members of Congress have steadfastly guarded.

Republicans would rather go after teachers and other public employees than have us look at the pay of Wall Street traders, private-equity managers, and heads of hedge funds – many of whom wouldn’t have their jobs today were it not for the giant taxpayer-supported bailout, and most of whose lending and investing practices were the proximate cause of the Great Depression to begin with.

Last year, America’s top thirteen hedge-fund managers earned an average of $1 billion each. One of them took home $5 billion. Much of their income is taxed as capital gains – at 15 percent – due to a tax loophole that Republican members of Congress have steadfastly guarded.

Umm.

Except for a few banks that the government bailed out, which I opposed, no tax money has ever gone to a Wall Street salary. That makes Wall Street pretty much none of my business, and the teachers pay entirely my business.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

freedom of assembly

You can not tell Americans they can not get together and talk.

When they get together and talk they can deside to join forces and stick together to acheive a collective goal.

How anyone can think a group of any Americans can be told who they are allowed to group with is beyond me.

Agreed. Americans have the right to protest, and protest as a collective group if they wish.

But their employers also have a right to fire them for insubordination and replace them with employees (not "workers") who will do the job for what is being offered as compensation.

I have a feeling a lot of WI teachers are gonna be fired because the union will get it's way. The collective greed sacrificing the entire career of a few to prevent them from having to give up just a little bit more each as a group. Liberalism at it's best.

I find it revealing of the source when someone believes they can decide what is 'a little bit' in someone else's livelihood... how many times are you going to continue to perpetrate the lie...the union is willing to negotiate, the governor never offered to negotiate. His only offer is to dictate his terms.

BTW, why not the term workers?

People will either get their right to bargain collectively, or driven into abject poverty with their backs to the walls they'll stop asking and start taking.

You tools think that unions are a threat to the cozy life the upper crust enjoys?

Wait till they're facing the torch and pitchfork mobs with no agenda other than revenge.

Last edited:
We stand in solidarity with the protesters and the brave 14 State Senators who are making a stand against Gov. Walker, his cronies, and the Koch brothers' blatant attack on workers' rights!
Please forward this petition to everyone you know who supports the 14 Democratic state senators who are fighting for workers rights!
thepetitionsite.com/158/support-the-wisconsin-14/

The Project for Social and Economic Equality supports their actions and will do everything in our power to get their message heard.
Daniel Lee,
Director, The Project for Social and Economic Equality

We stand in solidarity with the protesters and the brave 14 State Senators who are making a stand against Gov. Walker, his cronies, and the Koch brothers' blatant attack on workers' rights!
Please forward this petition to everyone you know who supports the 14 Democratic state senators who are fighting for workers rights!

The Project for Social and Economic Equality supports their actions and will do everything in our power to get their message heard.
Daniel Lee,

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HA! Sorry sonny, the reign of terror by the union maggots is over.

Daniel Lee,

Good for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid these 14 won't be able to hold out forever, and the forces of evil will win out on this one.

Democracy is only supported by deomcrats if it results in what democrats want I guess. Why did they even bother having elections in Wisconsin is my question?

Last edited:

Daniel Lee,

Bravely support the cowardly anti-democratic "legislators" who would rather run than fight and rather evade than vote, comrades!

What a bunch of fucking dishonest pussies.

Last edited:

Daniel Lee,

Good for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid these 14 won't be able to hold out forever, and the forces of evil will win out on this one.

so do i

Daniel Lee,
It's brave to run and hide when you lose an election instead of debate openly on the floor you were elected to do it on? Libs are funny.

Forum List

Back