College says 9/11 memorial posters offensive to Muslim students

Or refusing to allow pro.Nazi propaganda to be posted on campus because it is offensive to Jewish students. This stuff should be offensive to any decent person. It is using 911 for its own propaganda purposes and that is offensive.

I realize you are being intentionally dishonest, here, but in opposing Islamism, the students are opposing an Ideology akin to Nazism, not proffering one.

You are not a decent person, and as far as propaganda is concerned, your intentional inversion of the situation by treating those who reject Nazis as the Nazis is a form of agitprop called turnspeak, and is taken right out of the Nazi playbook.

Any truly decent person realizes that it is the ISLAMISTS who are totalitarian, supremacist and against western values, not those who oppose them.

That one goes to great lengths to defend Islam. Time and time again.

There is nothing wrong with that poster...except it reminds what a faction of Muslims did on 9/11....murdered 3,000 Americans.

If that bothers them too freaking bad.

Funny it all you want, Coyote but it's the truth. Every syllable of it

No one is saying forget who they are. They are extremist soldiers attacking innocent citizens wherever they can reach due to an agenda of intolerance. Don't fall into that trap.

Innocent citizens were attacked? Where?

The poster identifies Islamists and points to some of the things they do. Your characterizing ISIS and their ilk as "innocent" is repulsive. You take your authoritarian political correctness to new lows by considering them so.
I teach reading every Tuesday and Thursday if you want to sign up.

No one is saying forget who they are.

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you now apparently can’t even remember what you write from one post to the next - in the same thread - and within minutes??? Lol.

Old Lady: That poster is not to remember the victims. It is to remember the terrorists. Who wants to give them more headspace in anyone's mind?
Who wants to give them more headspace

We will not forget. Is our military not still in Afghanistan and Iraq and Syria? Every time there is a mass shooting or vehicle-into-a-crowd incident or a bomb found, what is the first question we all ask, including the cops?

I don't see why we need to hate the terrorists anymore than we already do for the despicable things they've done/will do.

Exactly - more headspace. Memorialize the victims, remember the event and never forget. But don't give the doers the attention they crave.

We have choices. We can gin up hate, and be just like them - blind hatred towards all in certain groups, or we can be better. We can choose to scapegoat, blame all for the actions of extremists, or recognize our united values and principles as Americans of all creeds. It's our choice.

No one is saying forget who they are. They are extremist soldiers attacking innocent citizens wherever they can reach due to an agenda of intolerance. Don't fall into that trap.

The poster identifies Islamists and points to some of the things they do. Your characterizing ISIS and their ilk as "innocent" is repulsive. You take your authoritarian political correctness to new lows by considering them so.
YOU don’t get to decide how people memorialise the dead.
My way is better.
Then you do it your way. You still don’t get to tell others how they will remember the dead.
That poster is not to remember the victims. It is to remember the terrorists. Who wants to give them more headspace in anyone's mind? Let the intelligence community and the military handle it and get along with the people you live among. No one has explained to me yet how it furthers the average citizen to be walking around with a heart full of hate for the Muslim down the street when that person has done nothing to anyone.
If you are so all fired angry at Muslims, join the military and go shoot some.
Yes, the poster is to remember the victims.
And no, as has been illustrated in both the US and Europe, the intelligence community cannot always keep us safe, or have you forgotten all the successful terrorist attacks, just as you want people to forget who carried them out?
Do you insist people forget that Nazis carried out the Holocaust?
That whites enslaved blacks?
Please don’t presume to give me advice. If you told me it was raining I’d get a second opinion. You are a craven hypocrite so scared of offending Muslims you want to prevent people from remembering the victims of terrorists.
You need to think about why you believe a regular Muslim should be offended by people refusing to forget who carried out 9/11 and the countless other terror attacks.
You need to think about why you believe you should be telling all Muslims what to be offended by and what they shouldn't.

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you now apparently can’t even remember what you write from one post to the next - in the same thread - and within minutes??? Lol.

Old Lady: That poster is not to remember the victims. It is to remember the terrorists. Who wants to give them more headspace in anyone's mind?

We will not forget. Is our military not still in Afghanistan and Iraq and Syria? Every time there is a mass shooting or vehicle-into-a-crowd incident or a bomb found, what is the first question we all ask, including the cops?

I don't see why we need to hate the terrorists anymore than we already do for the despicable things they've done/will do.
Islamic Terrorism hasn’t stopped, so you demanding people forget about terrorism and terrorists is both stupid and dangerous.
If you want to pretend they don’t exist, have at it.
Maybe you’d think differently if it hit closer to home, but then you’re a creature of such twisted logic, I doubt it.
As for everyone else, again, you don’t get to tell them to forget who the terrorists were, nor who the terrorists are, nor how they remember the victims, and you never will.

Last edited:

Then you do it your way. You still don’t get to tell others how they will remember the dead.
That poster is not to remember the victims. It is to remember the terrorists. Who wants to give them more headspace in anyone's mind? Let the intelligence community and the military handle it and get along with the people you live among. No one has explained to me yet how it furthers the average citizen to be walking around with a heart full of hate for the Muslim down the street when that person has done nothing to anyone.
And no, as has been illustrated in both the US and Europe, the intelligence community cannot always keep us safe, or have you forgotten all the successful terrorist attacks, just as you want people to forget who carried them out?
Please don’t presume to give me advice. If you told me it was raining I’d get a second opinion. You are a craven hypocrite so scared of offending Muslims you want to prevent people from remembering the victims of terrorists.
You need to think about why you believe a regular Muslim should be offended by people refusing to forget who carried out 9/11 and the countless other terror attacks.
You need to think about why you believe you should be telling all Muslims what to be offended by and what they shouldn't.

As you preach to us about what we should think? Really?

Islamic Terrorism hasn’t stopped, so you demanding people forget about them is both stupid and dangerous. If you want to pretend they don’t exist, have at it. Maybe you’d think differently if it hit closer to home, but then you’re a creature of such twisted logic, I doubt it.
As for everyone else, again, you don’t get to tell them to forget who the terrorists were, nor who the terrorists are, nor how they remember the victims, and you never will.

If they would lose a loved one over it they wouldnt be such kumbaya loons

Another poster, that I think is good...

We-the-People-17x30-01-1-580x1024.jpg

Exactly - more headspace. Memorialize the victims, remember the event and never forget. But don't give the doers the attention they crave.

We have choices. We can gin up hate, and be just like them - blind hatred towards all in certain groups, or we can be better. We can choose to scapegoat, blame all for the actions of extremists, or recognize our united values and principles as Americans of all creeds. It's our choice.
Amen.

Islamic Terrorism hasn’t stopped, so you demanding people forget about them is both stupid and dangerous. If you want to pretend they don’t exist, have at it. Maybe you’d think differently if it hit closer to home, but then you’re a creature of such twisted logic, I doubt it.

Here is what some of those who DID lose a loved one over it...have done with their grief.

About US - 9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows

there is a middle ground...between they are all terrorist and they are all peace loving caring people...it is called reality...where one realize there are simply extremes to everything.....the towers were a symbol and had been attacked before....what one needs to remember...they have the time to plan again...they dont hit again immediately they let you let your guard down....we should not let our guard down concerning any extremes be they christian jewish or muslim...or pagans

Actually it’s you who is doing that. You’ve been insisting that remembering the victims of Islamic terrorism and remembering the perpetrators is offensive to Muslims and therefore shouldn’t be allowed.

Why should regular Muslims be offended by memorials to the victims instead of being offended by the terrorism?

You are demonstrating you have a very poor opinion of Muslims and that they need to be protected from reality.
You are also demonstrating your fascist streak yet again in suggesting people should only treat this subject in the manner you approve of, that is, burying it in case Muslims are offended.

there is a middle ground...between they are all terrorist and they are all peace loving caring people...it is called reality...where one realize there are simply extremes to everything.....the towers were a symbol and had been attacked before....what one needs to remember...they have the time to plan again...they dont hit again immediately they let you let your guard down....we should not let our guard down concerning any extremes be they christian jewish or muslim...or pagans

This.

Extremists will keep trying - what ever their chosen ideology or religion - and it's extremism and the underlying issues that foster it, that we need to keep abreast of. The world is changing and becoming increasingly unstable, and I think we will see more extreme events and extreme reactions to them. :(

College Says 9/11 Memorial Posters ‘Offensive’ to Muslim Students

A college has ruled that 9/11 memorial posters put up by a conservative group are offensive to Muslim students.
------------------------------------

If you are offended get the fk out, Don't like it don't look at it. You skanks are not going to turn our Country into the shit hold you left or your parents left, you will not make our rights and freedoms come forth GTF.......

28954255_555302218168292_955392908036032810_o.jpg
Get over 9/11 its history.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

alamo.jpg

Here is what some of those who DID lose a loved one over it...have done with their grief.

And I choose to never forget. How's that?

Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life,
I see more name calling, but no explanations of how my attitude to co-exist with the billion or so Muslims in the world is going to be the death of us all.

We have an FBI, intelligence services and military to protect us from terrorists. There is no reason I can think of why average citizens like you and I need to be stirring up suspicion and hate for our neighbors in places like colleges campuses or anywhere else.
A memorial poster isn’t stirring up suspicion or hate. It’s remembering those murdered by filthy terrorists. It’s saying ‘never forget’.

Do you believe there should be no Holocaust memorials in case they stir up hate?

Do you think people should forget those murdered by terrorists?

Do you suggest blacks should forget about slavery because it might make white people feel uncomfortable and stir up hate against them? Nope.

And as for having the ‘FBI, intelligence and military to protect us from terrorists’, have you been living under a rock???

As has been proved countless times on both sides of the pond, the security forces cannot protect people from such attacks all of the time, and everyone has a responsibility to remain vigilant.

I do hope no one depends on you in that regard though, because you don’t have the sense you were born with.
Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life,
I see more name calling, but no explanations of how my attitude to co-exist with the billion or so Muslims in the world is going to be the death of us all.

We have an FBI, intelligence services and military to protect us from terrorists. There is no reason I can think of why average citizens like you and I need to be stirring up suspicion and hate for our neighbors in places like colleges campuses or anywhere else.
A memorial poster isn’t stirring up suspicion or hate. It’s remembering those murdered by filthy terrorists. It’s saying ‘never forget’.

Do you believe there should be no Holocaust memorials in case they stir up hate?

Do you suggest blacks should forget about slavery because it might make white people feel uncomfortable and stir up hate against them? Nope.

And as for having the ‘FBI, intelligence and military to protect us from terrorists’, have you been living under a rock???

As has been proved countless times on both sides of the pond, the security forces cannot protect people from such attacks all of the time, and everyone has a responsibility to remain vigilant.

I do hope no one depends on you in that regard though, because you don’t have the sense you were born with.

No one is forgetting 9/11.

View attachment 214002

Or the holocaust:

Holocaust-Memorial-Image.jpg

Or the enslavement and the achievements of African Americans.

o9ln6h4biie6hfj7.jpg

THAT is how these things are remembered. The poster is meant to inflame, not to honor victims.

YOU don’t get to say because there’s an official memorial somewhere no one else can do anything else to memorialise the dead.

So you’ve really made no point other than to show your authoritarian streak again and to illustrate your craven obsession with preventing the possibility of offending a Muslim somewhere.

Muslims who aren’t terrorists have no reason to be offended by people remembering those murdered by Islamists - unless you believe all Muslims are of the same ilk.
My way is better.
Well, I guess in the case of the OP's poster, "I" did. And I'm glad "I" won.

View attachment 214002

Or the holocaust:

o9ln6h4biie6hfj7.jpg

THAT is how these things are remembered. The poster is meant to inflame, not to honor victims.

YOU don’t get to say because there’s an official memorial somewhere no one else can do anything else to memorialise the dead.

So you’ve really made no point other than to show your authoritarian streak again and to illustrate your craven obsession with preventing the possibility of offending a Muslim somewhere.

Muslims who aren’t terrorists have no reason to be offended by people remembering those murdered by Islamists - unless you believe all Muslims are of the same ilk.
My way is better.
What did you win?

View attachment 214002

Or the holocaust:

o9ln6h4biie6hfj7.jpg

My way is better.
What did you win?

A shiny new participation trophy

Who is saying we should forget? Is your way the only way to remember?

Who is saying we should forget? Is your way the only way to remember?

Its my way to remember...much like I remember my best friend's smile and the fun we had growing up together from kindergarten to college.

Someone killed him....guess who

Forum List

Back