Colleges Have a Guy Problem

For a long time, there have been many Liberal identity advocates for female gender, minority racial/ethnic groups, etc. Now, many Conservatives are embracing identity advocacy for the white majority.

Identity advocates for male gender are still rare and persecuted. Men do face many gender-specific issues.

Colleges are bending over backwards for Black students, male and female. My wife is a professor and my best friend's wife is a professor. They both say the same thing. University policies now favor Black students in all facets of college life. DEI [DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION] is a top priority at large colleges. Emails are constantly flying around about inclusion, micro-aggressions, sensitivity training, increasing diversity etc etc.
Fallacy Is Also Misleading, But Intentionally So

Equity comes from a Latin word meaning horse. In Ancient Rome, only those who owned businesses could afford to field a warhorse. Misuse of this word, an ignorant and faddish substitute for equality, is further proof that college education is a fraud and that its malformed and misinformed graduates don't deserve the jobs that our mindless ruling class gives them.

The Sage of Main Street It is frightening to see how quickly the DEI virus has spread throughout college administrations. It is overloading professors and staff who already work far more than 40 hours a week.
The Affirmative Action of Richkids Being Empowered by Daddy's Money Controls All Other AAs

From the Sick Sixties on, the whole Civil Rights show has been totally about the heiristocracy attacking and depriving Whites who weren't born rich. There are no merit-based opportunities any more. Why don't they try DEI in college sports and forget about that kind of talent too?

DEI has the same outcome as would happen if the school administration told a coach to forget about the team and spend all his time on improving the athletic skills of those he had to cut in the tryouts.

The Sage of Main Street The other aspect of DEI that gets less attention is the drive to admit more students with disabilities. I'm sure I'm going to get attacked as a monster but that puts a large burden on faculty. It just does. You have to make special accommodations for just about everything. Do those students pay extra for those accommodations? Does the faculty get paid more? No and no. Liberals think everything comes for free. Conservatives know that everything has a cost attached to it.

Forum List

Back