Collins: "Can Not Believe" Democrats Won't Pass Coronavirus Relief Bill; "Is This What We've Come To?"

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
It was the truth. Democrats are being obstructionist.

As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And most folks on here have political opinios/prejudices, which means whatever side you're on is always right, and the other side is always wrong. To me, this whole situation is politics as usual. Both sides are basically saying "We want what we want, we don't care what you want, and if we don't get what we want we won't play." Neither side will listen to the other, both sides are putting stupid things in the bill, and it ends up being the normal load of crap we get from congress. One would hope that in the current crisis facing this country, those clowns in Washington would at least have once heard of the word compromise, but that seems to be hoping for too much.

As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And most folks on here have political opinios/prejudices, which means whatever side you're on is always right, and the other side is always wrong. To me, this whole situation is politics as usual. Both sides are basically saying "We want what we want, we don't care what you want, and if we don't get what we want we won't play." Neither side will listen to the other, both sides are putting stupid things in the bill, and it ends up being the normal load of crap we get from congress. One would hope that in the current crisis facing this country, those clowns in Washington would at least have once heard of the word compromise, but that seems to be hoping for too much.
Career politicians are looking to line the pockets for their political donors and own pocket books both sides.............We have the best whores money can buy...........Why we need term limits........YESTERDAY.

Something to keep In mind in the midst of all this outrage. We have a bi-camaral legisislature. I can’t think of any bill that does not go through negotiation between the chambers regardless of party. Both sides added their bits of pork. They always do.

I do agree with insisting on more oversite for the loans and grants and stronger worker protections. The cash is nice but likely won’t even make one months rent in many areas.

The other stocking stuffers the House wants, forget it, but get rid of the Republican stocking stuffers too.

This is too big a bill to do badly.

This is all just a ruse. Trump wants to use this bailout to put solar panels on his properties at tax payer expense! Stand strong Pelosi!

Something to keep In mind in the midst of all this outrage. We have a bi-camaral legisislature. I can’t think of any bill that does not go through negotiation between the chambers regardless of party. Both sides added their bits of pork. They always do.

I do agree with insisting on more oversite for the loans and grants and stronger worker protections. The cash is nice but likely won’t even make one months rent in many areas.

The other stocking stuffers the House wants, forget it, but get rid of the Republican stocking stuffers too.

How about the Federal Reserve give us some 0% loans............lol

But as mentioned above, a one-time limited GAO audit of the Federal Reserve that was mandated by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act covered an even broader time period and revealed even more bailout loans.

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report....

Citigroup - $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley - $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch - $1.949 trillion
Bank of America - $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC - $868 billion
Bear Sterns - $853 billion
Goldman Sachs - $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland - $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase - $391 billion
Deutsche Bank - $354 billion
UBS - $287 billion
Credit Suisse - $262 billion
Lehman Brothers - $183 billion
Bank of Scotland - $181 billion
BNP Paribas - $175 billion
Wells Fargo - $159 billion
Dexia - $159 billion
Wachovia - $142 billion
Dresdner Bank - $135 billion
Societe Generale - $124 billion
"All Other Borrowers" - $2.639 trillion

This report was made available to all the members of Congress, but most of them have been totally silent about it. One of the only members of Congress that has said something has been U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.

How about the Federal Reserve give us some 0% loans............lol

Darn it, I miss the funny-agree button!

This is getting pathetic, folks.

Lives of Americans are on the line and our brain dead Democrats are demanding we put Postal Service debt relief, jet emmissions, solar panel manufacturing tax breaks, and several other idiotic things in to a national emergency bill to keep us working.

Now Pelosi will stonewall anything getting done for days if not weeks. The markets are melting down because they know it's going to be a continuing mess.

Even the brain dead press will not be able to defend this nonsense.

When Susan Collins is berating you on the Senate floor you're failing miserably.

Nothing here to disagree with. What they are doing is beyond anyone defending

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.

Now a word from our politicians .........They are doing it for us............sniff .........anybody got a tissue......sterile. one.........are you wearing gloves......are you sneezing......is that a ...........oh well....here is there theme song..........

If you believe them.

bla bla bla

just send me the damn money - the kids of republitards can cuss their parents later.

Forum List

Back